Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Slasher

Louisa Johnson: "I want to be a Christina."

At what point in your conversation with Camille did you use the words ‘Christina’, ‘Aguilera’ and ‘dirrty’?

WELL. I’ve always loved Christina and I’ve always loved that song. That song just makes you want to take your clothes off! At the moment there’s nothing that makes me want to strip. And I wanted something that made me feel sexy and empowered. I wanted a big song! I wanted to have a big sing! I said to Camille, ‘I want to be a Christina, not a Britney’.

CAREFUL! 

(Laughs) Yeah, I know, right? But you know what I mean.

x

What’s the story behind the song? 

I just wanted to express myself a little bit more, and the way I do that is through music. I was just wanted to be more open and honest, and wanted to have fun, and make sure it’s a real representation of me. I’ve loved every single song I’ve made so far, but this is my favourite because I’ve been so involved in the process. It’s got an element of early 2000s, nineties vibe, which I like. It’s the kind of music I listen to, which is why I think I’m so attached to it.

There’s a bit of Christina Aguilera in there… Is she a big inspiration of yours?

Yeah, definitely. Stripped is my number one album. I feel like it’s everyone’s!

x

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.