Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Satori

What kind of "X" fan are you?

So what's it gonna be kunties?  

16 members have voted

1. 1. "X" is

• Legend Kylie's best, most experimental alberm! Impossible Princess found shaking in a ditch!!11! (Delulu option)
    • SEVERELY under-rated; it ain't perfect but it serves all good things Kylie (Tea option)
    • A mess if I'm brutally honest-----BUT the first half of the album GOES. AWF. (Vanilla flavor Benefiber for Balanced Digestive Systems option)
    • I don't really care if it's a mess lemme pop my p/bussy good to these bawps (we love hoes option)
    • "It's just not realistic..." / It's not cohesive!!!1! / Missed opportunity tbh Kylie sis wyd (we love tea but not in this case option)
    • Garbage. Ha worst! ("God hates gays" option)

maxresdefault.jpg

What can we say about this iconic divisive album? sha1 For my part, I gots two things to admit:  yes the second half mostly blows sia5, and yes the thing as a whole is messy wendy3.

HOWEVER lj1, I love that Kylie did something like this after going through the ordeal she did.  She made a bright, exuberant pop album that's Kylie to the core instead of some snoozy introspective detour and I love her for it. sia3  Aside from that, the sequence of Like A Drug / In My Arms / Speakerphone >>>>> careers.  Me every time one of those tracks plays:  wat1.

1. 2 Hearts  A sexy lil song!
  2. Like A Drug alex1 Legend Minogue is the Goddess of Track 2's:  Love At First Sight / Like A Drug / Get Outta My Way / Million Miles >>> careers
  3. In My Arms xtina14 Ya'll need to bless this album for being gifted this track alone!
  4. Speakerphone see Track 3 hottie1
  5. Sensitized Kylie is kween of sex
  6. Heart Beat Rock Should Have Canceled - like omfg ok you guys are right on this one
  7. The One see Tracks 3 and 4 hottie1
  8. No More Rain b-yoo-tiful.  We love shimmery Kylie ballads.
  9. All I See aura1 A single, Minogue?  A fucking SINGLE? wendy3
  10. Stars um2
  11. Wow tina1 This is what every person who doesn't know her music assumes all her music is like and I hate it for that reason even though it's cute on a good day.
  12. Fu-ck-me "What she does has class to it" in a way that Sexercise DON'T sass1 This could basically be an instrumental but it still goes off.
  13. Cosmic rav1 We aren't allowed to criticize something that came straight from Kylie's heart so I won't.
7 minutes ago, Aidan. said:

SHE SHOULD HAVE STUCK WITH THE FUCKING ELECTRONICA DIRECTION

I agree if you mean the soundz on tracks 2-4.  Imagine a whole album of that epicness...  They feel like the evolution of her sound on Fever in a way.

6 minutes ago, Satori said:

I agree if you mean the soundz on tracks 2-4.  Imagine a whole album of that epicness...  They feel like the evolution of her sound on Fever in a way.

Yessssss! She totally should have went in that direction in its entirety

2 minutes ago, Aidan. said:

Yessssss! She totally should have went in that direction in its entirety

I hear you. brit11 

That's similar to my initial complaint about KMO too--it felt like stuff compiled from 2/3 separate albums, which for a normal pop girl wouldn't be too bad but next to cohesive masterpieces like Fever, Aphrodite, and Body Language it's more noticeable. 

Heart Beat Rock, Nu-Di-Ty, All I See, Wow, and Magnetic Electric are all some of the worst songs of her career so they drag it down a lot. 2 Hearts is cute and could be ignored more if it wasn’t the lead, but that just makes it even more of a mess. The album has no idea what it wants to be and suffers greatly, which is why despite it having some great songs, it’s one of my least favorites of her albums.

23 minutes ago, Hylia said:

Heart Beat Rock, Nu-Di-Ty, All I See, Wow, and Magnetic Electric are all some of the worst songs of her career so they drag it down a lot. 2 Hearts is cute and could be ignored more if it wasn’t the lead, but that just makes it even more of a mess. The album has no idea what it wants to be and suffers greatly, which is why despite it having some great songs, it’s one of my least favorites of her albums.

The fact Magnetic Shit was gonna be the album title

41 minutes ago, Aidan. said:

The fact Magnetic Shit was gonna be the album title

Teas of Ray of God having the working title Veronica Electronica... jj4 Our girls be dum sometimes

1 hour ago, Hylia said:

Heart Beat Rock, All I See, Wow, and Magnetic Electric are all some of the worst songs of her career so they drag it down a lot. 2 Hearts is cute and could be ignored more if it wasn’t the lead, but that just makes it even more of a mess. The album has no idea what it wants to be and suffers greatly, which is why despite it having some great songs, it’s one of my least favorites of her albums.

This is true.  The end of the album in particular becomes a real mess. 

1 minute ago, Hylia said:

The scream I let out lmfao1 

Lol because of the title?

...or because I just compared what’s widely considered Kylie’s worst to what’s widely considered Madonna’s best? Tragic of me now I think about it... julia1

15 minutes ago, Satori said:

Lol because of the title?

...or because I just compared what’s widely considered Kylie’s worst to what’s widely considered Madonna’s best? Tragic of me now I think about it... julia1

Yes the title julia1 would’ve been kinda iconic

SEVERELY under-rated; it ain't perfect but it serves all good things  sass5

its really great album with a concept i love actually, sure maybe it had tracks like HBR, but keep in mind it was track that Kylie loved from the first listen rav1 she wanted to go back to fun after horrible year she had rav1

but most of the tracklist is flawless anyway and served so many good songs, pretty much everything except All I Cant See and HBR nat1

Cosmic and No More Rain tho cry3

8 hours ago, Unapologetic Bitch said:

SEVERELY under-rated; it ain't perfect but it serves all good things  sass5

its really great album with a concept i love actually, sure maybe it had tracks like HBR, but keep in mind it was track that Kylie loved from the first listen rav1 she wanted to go back to fun after horrible year she had rav1

but most of the tracklist is flawless anyway and served so many good songs, pretty much everything except All I Cant See and HBR nat1

Cosmic and No More Rain tho cry3

King of X Apologetics! oprah2 I agree re No More Rain and Cosmic. They’re such innocent songs—they work because it’s Kylie singing them, if that makes sense. There’s such a warmth to her voice on those two tracks. 

And I completely agree re recognizing it as a fun album because that’s what she wanted/needed in coming back. It always has a special place for me because of that, even though I don’t love it start to finish. 

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.