Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

AGNTEA

Katy Perry pays tribute to Marielle Franco (Activist who was murdered) at WTT - Rio De Janeiro

At one of her latest tour stops, Katy changed her setlist and performed Unconditionally. During the performance, a large photograph of Marielle Franco, an activist who was tragically shot in the head six times, appeared on the screen. She then invited her daughter and sister on the stage, asking the crowd for a moment of silence. There are more videos of it on YouTube.

More about Marielle Franco

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2018/mar/18/marielle-franco-brazil-favelas-mourn-death-champion

I am glad that Katy drew attention to this story, it makes me sick knowing what kind of cruelty lives on in every corner of this world wendy4

1 hour ago, QUINN said:

this legitimately made me cry last night. love her heart. 

I love how she ignores the bad press and cares about important things - not that I want to use the tragic death of Marielle to build up Katy's reputation, but I think it's important to make people aware of what happens and she did it with lots of respect. That's why I love her and she'll always be someone I look up to

I must applaud Katy for doing this

Most Brazilian singers didn’t even bother to say something about Marielle’s murder, so it’s major to have someone like Katy shining a light on it

13 minutes ago, AGNTEA said:

I love how she ignores the bad press and cares about important things - not that I want to use the tragic death of Marielle to build up Katy's reputation, but I think it's important to make people aware of what happens and she did it with lots of respect. That's why I love her and she'll always be someone I look up to

totally said the same exact thing. she brushes off the bullshit and pays attention to what matters.

what really gets me here is the impact this could have on Marielle’s daughter. getting someone to pay attention to the injustice that happened in her life to her mother can really do a lot for a young person’s confidence. i hope that girl is able to rise above this all and continue her mother’s legacy. 

Just now, QUINN said:

totally said the same exact thing. she brushes off the bullshit and pays attention to what matters.

what really gets me here is the impact this could have on Marielle’s daughter. getting someone to pay attention the the injustice that happened in her life to her mother can really do a lot for a young person’s confidence. i hope that girl is able to rise above this all and continue her mother’s legacy. 

glad you visit FOTP btw cry9  I also hope she can take this moment for herself to lift her up. It is extremely bizarre that humans kill each other because they can't agree on specific views.The tragic part is, she fought for something everyone would profit from. May she rest in peace cry9

3 hours ago, Kenya said:

Of course the ones who celebrate her downfall paid this thread dust ny12 typical ny12 

As usual. She can do anything, raise awareness on serious issues like this or when she did the appearance at this music therapy for kids concert (where she sang Somewhere Over The Rainbow), her UNICEF partnership, she doesn't take money from her fans for meet and greets. People just want to gossip about a celeb and I am proud Katy still stays true to herself. She must have an immense pressure going on especially after Witness era. But she is still standing and that's not easy with all that shit coming to her. I hope she's doing fine mentally

3 hours ago, AGNTEA said:

As usual. She can do anything, raise awareness on serious issues like this or when she did the appearance at this music therapy for kids concert (where she sang Somewhere Over The Rainbow), her UNICEF partnership, she doesn't take money from her fans for meet and greets. People just want to gossip about a celeb and I am proud Katy still stays true to herself. She must have an immense pressure going on especially after Witness era. But she is still standing and that's not easy with all that shit coming to her. I hope she's doing fine mentally

I LOVE that performance! Vocally one of her best. 

I just watched this performance again, and I am just so proud of Katy for paying tribute to someone who was fighting for equality in a country not her own. 

Tbh she couldn't choose a better/worse time to visit South America 'cause we're really fucked up right now.

She's performing in my country tonight in the midst of one of our greatest politic tragedies ever. I mean, our president will surely be removed from his charge tomorrow.

But yet, she's giving us some fun tonight. katyanna1

These SA leg of the tour is extremely political.

a7UzU_uCLK_VpxdoZcXpCkq3bgVmjZySc9Dk2M_O

5 hours ago, Alvarø said:

Tbh she couldn't choose a better/worse time to visit South America 'cause we're really fucked up right now.

She's performing in my country tonight in the midst of one of our greatest politic tragedies ever. I mean, our president will surely be removed from his charge tomorrow.

But yet, she's giving us some fun tonight. katyanna1

These SA leg of the tour is extremely political.

a7UzU_uCLK_VpxdoZcXpCkq3bgVmjZySc9Dk2M_O

What country? I’m into global politics but I haven’t heard of this!

56 minutes ago, Kenya said:

What country? I’m into global politics but I haven’t heard of this!

Peru! The president has just resigned, Police is at maximum alert and Katy's concert starts at 9pm. Oh God. jj2

Hope she doesn't cancel. cry5

8 minutes ago, Alvarø said:

Peru! The president has just resigned, Police is at maximum alert and Katy's concert starts at 9pm. Oh God. jj2

Hope she doesn't cancel. cry5

My brother is from Peru ny3 .

i hope everyone stays safe.

10 hours ago, Kenya said:

My brother is from Peru ny3 .

i hope everyone stays safe.

Thank you katyanna1

The concert ended happily well, and it was beyond everything I could've asked for.

She's amazing, and even got the time to talk a bit about what's happening in my country, wear our soccer team shirt and talk about what she learned from our culture.

LOVE THIS WOMAN FOREVER.

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.