Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Simón.

Lorde flopping for filth in USA tour

3 minutes ago, Beaux said:

Mel gibson went on a racist rant against the jews and as a result he allegedly got blacklisted in hollywood. Lorde canceled her concert in israel because she doesn't agree with israel's militant approach to the Palestine-vs-Israel situation. 

Personally i'd have understood her point of view better if she didn't agree to perform in russia, which is involved in the syrian genocide. Maybe she is not educated on the whole situation, she's still young, but nonetheless, she's getting crucified.

DSM52UMXcAA7zxM.jpg

Iggy's situation was different and it was not even political. She had a racist past and doing a whip motion while saying "runaway slave master".. WHILE being an australian white girl doing rap/Hip-Hop

See for yourself:

Problematic faves, ahh!

Ahh. I see now. I was just saying Iggy, because her downfall came so early. I bet Lorde's career will be over after this era.

4 hours ago, Beaux said:

Mel gibson went on a racist rant against the jews and as a result he allegedly got blacklisted in hollywood. Lorde canceled her concert in israel because she doesn't agree with israel's militant approach to the Palestine-vs-Israel situation. 

Personally i'd have understood her point of view better if she didn't agree to perform in russia, which is involved in the syrian genocide. Maybe she is not educated on the whole situation, she's still young....

or maybe the Israel vs Palestine situations is a completely different business respect to the Syria war and nobody is really fully educated on the latter.

26 minutes ago, The One Above All said:

or maybe the Israel vs Palestine situations is a completely different business respect to the Syria war and nobody is really fully educated on the latter.

They are 2 different situations, yes. 

I will always keep my opinions to myself considering explosive topics like this, but i find it interesting how lorde picks and chooses without forming an educated decision u know. Personally i'd have supported her decision 100% if she canceled both russia and israel in the name of the "i'm not supporting violence and intolerance" message,  i'd have defended her because it is her opinion and i respect her right to have one (regardless if i agree or not). 

My point is: If you are against something (in her case intolerance i guess!), be against it in all its forms, be it in russia or anywhere else.

am i making sense to u?

8 hours ago, Chapman. said:

she looks like she’s having tons of fun and i live for her candids on tour, looks like a fantastic show too :(

Same. i saw some snapchats of people and it looks amazing. apparently theres like people floating in a giant box above the stage. scream1 Cirque du Soleil is shaking

Just now, Beaux said:

They are 2 different situations, yes. 

I will always keep my opinions to myself considering explosive topics like this, but i find it interesting how lorde picks and chooses without forming an educated decision u know. Personally i'd have supported her decision 100% if she canceled both russia and israel in the name of the "i'm not supporting violence and intolerance" message,  i'd have defended her because it is her opinion and i respect her right to have one (regardless if i agree or not). 

My point is: If you are against something (in her case intolerance i guess!), be against it in all its forms, be it in russia or anywhere else.

am i making sense to u?

ofc but you are generalizing her message. She's against one specific kind of intolerance, i.e. the intolerance of Israel's government against Palestinian people. Different types of intolerance are valued differently by people, you know. Also, you can be against different forms of the same thing but in different ways, if that makes sense to you. For instance, you can be intolerant to vegetables but still be able to eat salad.  oprah6

25 minutes ago, The One Above All said:

ofc but you are generalizing her message. She's against one specific kind of intolerance, i.e. the intolerance of Israel's government against Palestinian people. Different types of intolerance are valued differently by people, you know. Also, you can be against different forms of the same thing but in different ways, if that makes sense to you. For instance, you can be intolerant to vegetables but still be able to eat salad.  oprah6

Um, this is not how this works sorry1 , i will tell you why

When ppl's lives are involved, you can't have the luxury of picking and choosing, if you are against sth, be against it in all forms, let's get into details

Russia has a terrible reputation when it comes to treating the LGBTQ community, sometimes members of said community get persecuted. (one type of intolerance). Russia is involved in the syrian genocide as a key player (another type of intolerance that looks like israel's).

Therefore Russia kills people too, which is a fact lorde should have paid attention to. Both are two examples of intolerances that lead to the same end result: death.

do you think picking and choosing matter in russia's case? IDTS. Crimes are still made. Lives got lost. oprah6 

Your examples don't reflect how serious you are in this convo. I won't compare PREFERRING not to eat fucking salad to LOSING actual lives. 

10 minutes ago, Beaux said:

Um, this is not how this works sorry1 , i will tell you why

When ppl's lives are involved, you can't have the luxury of picking and choosing, if you are against sth, be against it in all forms, let's get into details

Russia has a terrible reputation when it comes to treating the LGBTQ community, sometimes members of said community get persecuted. (one type of intolerance). Russia is involved in the syrian genocide as a key player (another type of intolerance that looks like israel's).

Therefore Russia kills people too, which is a fact lorde should have paid attention to. Both are two examples of intolerances that lead to the same end result: death.

do you think picking and choosing matter in russia's case? IDTS. Crimes are still made. Lives got lost. oprah6 

Your examples don't reflect how serious you are in this convo. I won't compare PREFERRING not to eat fucking salad to LOSING actual lives. 

I totally respect ur point of view. But fighting against violence and intolerance requires different actions according to the specific case. Let me explain why

Russia's persecutions towards its own gays can be ended only with the support of Russian people. In this sense, if major artists start boycotting Russian people by avoiding to perform for them, it will not help the fight but only worse the situation. think about being gay in Russia today. A madonna's concert would probably be the only nice experience of your life, a moment from which gain the strength to fight for your own rights. 

On the other hand, Israel's people need to see a strong international dissent in order to realize that what they are doing to Palestinian people it's wrong. Sure, you can argue that Russian is playing a terrible role in the Syrian conflict , killing innocent civilians, but I could argue that the US is doing exactly the same shit as Russia there. US is killing people too. So according yo your argument, artists should avoid touring in the US too if they are against violence. You see? To avoid being called hypocrite, you need to stop touring almost everywhere and then your message will be completely lost in the limbo.

39 minutes ago, The One Above All said:

artists should avoid touring in the US too if they are against violence. You see?

I don't think @Beaux would argue against that, though? That's actually the point, smh.

If you're going to pull a humanitarian move on us, don't hide behind the agenda of your PR's team, the cynicism regarding decisions like this is what we're criticizing, not the artist him/herself, who's most likely ignorant to today's politics' climate. 

The United States sends billions a year to Israel in form of military aid to terrorize and occupy Palestine, they're actually more responsible for what's happening in that region of the Middle East than Israel itself, they're the engine. aretha1 So yeah, Lorde, nor her PR team are modern saviors, they're just thinking of their salary & reputation. As simple as that.

But like the good sis Katy preaches, Karma's not a liar and she kept her receipts! #FlopTour

42 minutes ago, The One Above All said:

I totally respect ur point of view. But fighting against violence and intolerance requires different actions according to the specific case. Let me explain why

Russia's persecutions towards its own gays can be ended only with the support of Russian people. In this sense, if major artists start boycotting Russian people by avoiding to perform for them, it will not help the fight but only worse the situation. think about being gay in Russia today. A madonna's concert would probably be the only nice experience of your life, a moment from which gain the strength to fight for your own rights. 

On the other hand, Israel's people need to see a strong international dissent in order to realize that what they are doing to Palestinian people it's wrong. Sure, you can argue that Russian is playing a terrible role in the Syrian conflict , killing innocent civilians, but I could argue that the US is doing exactly the same shit as Russia there. US is killing people too. So according yo your argument, artists should avoid touring in the US too if they are against violence. You see? To avoid being called hypocrite, you need to stop touring almost everywhere and then your message will be completely lost in the limbo.

Thanks. 

I believe Russia's views of the LGBT community can change when they start seeing its members as human beings who should be

respected for who they choose to love, preferably in the form of regulations (or laws). Artists and their opinions sadly do not hold weight when it comes to changing policies or public opinion on any given topic, we have seen the Us elections and how it went down, all the A-listers supported Hilary but it it wasn't enough to convince the GP to vote for her. Even white WOMEN voted for trump after his "locker room" tape. celeb-activism alone is never enough.  Fight uninformed ideas with informed ideas. un informed opinions rooted in emotions rarely change persistent ideas (like homophobia). 

I don't think lorde can afford standing behind her opinions this much. i don't get the feeling she will sacrifice her career like that to go full intifada-mode. do you think lorde is that girl? i don't think so. she's no sinead o'connor.  what i wanted her to do was:

1. Cancel the idea of having dates in russia and Israel all together before even starting the tour (since it is a principle-thing to her).
  2. Have an informed thread on twitter explaining her views on the Palestine-vs-israel topic (in case she got asked about it), it will be a PR disaster regardless of her opinion but oh well.
  3. Explain why she came to her decision about cancellation.
  4. Points out her issue is with GOVERNMENT policies, not FANS
  5. Call it a fucking day.

it is simple PR work. 

42 minutes ago, The One Above All said:

So according yo your argument, artists should avoid touring in the US too if they are against violence. You see? To avoid being called hypocrite, you need to stop touring almost everywhere and then your message will be completely lost in the limbo.

Not my point exactly, but as an artist you should never put it all on normal citizens/fans. from a marketing perspective it is wrong. from a logical perspective it is wrong. career wise it is hella wrong. i told u how she should have handled it (in my opinion).

1 hour ago, sonowgoodbye said:

Same. i saw some snapchats of people and it looks amazing. apparently theres like people floating in a giant box above the stage. scream1 Cirque du Soleil is shaking

ah that's been a thing since her festival shows! and the box spins and shit it's so cool dead1 and just her outfits and little talks in general, I'd fill up those 6,000(?) unfilled seats if I had a million dollars scream2 

1 minute ago, Chapman. said:

ah that's been a thing since her festival shows! and the box spins and shit it's so cool dead1 and just her outfits and little talks in general, I'd fill up those 6,000(?) unfilled seats if I had a million dollars scream2 

Bringing new meaning to “I got a big fat ass, big dicks follow”

1 hour ago, Jjang said:

I don't think @Beaux would argue against that, though? That's actually the point, smh.

If you're going to pull a humanitarian move on us, don't hide behind the agenda of your PR's team, the cynicism regarding decisions like this is what we're criticizing, not the artist him/herself, who's most likely ignorant to today's politics' climate. 

The United States sends billions a year to Israel in form of military aid to terrorize and occupy Palestine, they're actually more responsible for what's happening in that region of the Middle East than Israel itself, they're the engine. aretha1 So yeah, Lorde, nor her PR team are modern saviors, they're just thinking of their salary & reputation. As simple as that.

But like the good sis Katy preaches, Karma's not a liar and she kept her receipts! #FlopTour

Um so according to your logic to boycot Israel international image it is worthless? Personally I disagree. When you cancel a tour in Israel due to the conflict in Palestine then you are damaging the image of Israel's goverment foreign policy to all your fans which is quite a strong action. It is a wake up call to many young Israel generations who have no idea of the atrocities their goverment is making rn to other populations.aretha1

1 hour ago, Beaux said:

Thanks. 

I believe Russia's views of the LGBT community can change when they start seeing its members as human beings who should be

respected for who they choose to love, preferably in the form of regulations (or laws). Artists and their opinions sadly do not hold weight when it comes to changing policies or public opinion on any given topic, we have seen the Us elections and how it went down, all the A-listers supported Hilary but it it wasn't enough to convince the GP to vote for her. Even white WOMEN voted for trump after his "locker room" tape. celeb-activism alone is never enough.  Fight uninformed ideas with informed ideas. un informed opinions rooted in emotions rarely change persistent ideas (like homophobia). 

I don't think lorde can afford standing behind her opinions this much. i don't get the feeling she will sacrifice her career like that to go full intifada-mode. do you think lorde is that girl? i don't think so. she's no sinead o'connor.  what i wanted her to do was:

1. Cancel the idea of having dates in russia and Israel all together before even starting the tour (since it is a principle-thing to her).
  2. Have an informed thread on twitter explaining her views on the Palestine-vs-israel topic (in case she got asked about it), it will be a PR disaster regardless of her opinion but oh well.
  3. Explain why she came to her decision about cancellation.
  4. Points out her issue is with GOVERNMENT policies, not FANS
  5. Call it a fucking day.

it is simple PR work. 

Not my point exactly, but as an artist you should never put it all on normal citizens/fans. from a marketing perspective it is wrong. from a logical perspective it is wrong. career wise it is hella wrong. i told u how she should have handled it (in my opinion).

Um you can't compare trump situation with a Russian or Israel situation like that.sorry1 Hillary was a terrible candidate and even the support she received from celebrities was akward. Moreover, hillary still won the popular vote.

However my point was that a celebrity can help much more the Russian situation by actually performing there and using that oppurtunity to connect with her fans and support em. 

Said that, I totally agree that Lorde handle very bad her pr move and she should have made it before announcing the tour dates imo

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.