Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Simón.

Lorde flopping for filth in USA tour

11 minutes ago, The One Above All said:

Um you can't compare trump situation with a Russian or Israel situation like that.sorry1 Hillary was a terrible candidate and even the support she received from celebrities was akward. Moreover, hillary still won the popular vote.

However my point was that a celebrity can help much more the Russian situation by actually performing there and using that oppurtunity to connect with her fans and support em. 

Said that, I totally agree that Lorde handle very bad her pr move and she should have made it before announcing the tour dates imo

US elections was just an example i gave to point out how opinions of artists do not affect governmental policies or how the public view a certain topic, at least not on the level you are suggesting. Nothing more, nothing less.

I support neither because both of them are capitalistic. 

Considering the Russia situation with LGBT:

So you want the artist to get approved by the government to enter the country, stay in the country (hotel), get protected by security guards provided by the government, accept money from the country (concert organizer), build a stage on the country's land, actually perform THEN bash the government and its policy WHILE in the country? this will make this artist look like a hypocrite if i'm going to be truthful oprah8 ..... I think it is such an interesting idea though rav3 , i question the logic behind it, but i'd understand how the artist wants to help fans feel better/accepted by performing there.  kesha4

Lorde could have handled it way better 

55 minutes ago, Beaux said:

US elections was just an example i gave to point out how opinions of artists do not affect governmental policies or how the public view a certain topic, at least not on the level you are suggesting. Nothing more, nothing less.

I support neither because both of them are capitalistic. 

Considering the Russia situation with LGBT:

So you want the artist to get approved by the government to enter the country, stay in the country (hotel), get protected by security guards provided by the government, accept money from the country (concert organizer), build a stage on the country's land, actually perform THEN bash the government and its policy WHILE in the country? this will make this artist look like a hypocrite if i'm going to be truthful oprah8 ..... I think it is such an interesting idea though rav3 , i question the logic behind it, but i'd understand how the artist wants to help fans feel better/accepted by performing there.  kesha4

Lorde could have handled it way better 

I think the reason trump won has nothing to do with celebrity power to influence people on serious topics. Celebrities can play a crucial role in changing public opinion when their purpose is good. Take Madonna for instance, she played a crucial role in awaking consciousness about aids and many other celebrities like bono helped spreading awareness about Africa situation, climate change and other serious human issues. Trump was a local US issue.

To perform in Russia and have russian security guards etc and then speak against the russian goverment it's ok because it's acceptable to be a hypocrite towarfs a goverment likethe russian one which does not respect human rights. The russian goverment it's the main responsable of homophobic laws so it's the bigger hypocrite in light of universal human rights. 

Hmmm.... a lot of interesting comments in this thread I’m really surprised but personally I wouldn’t perform for people who try to change the history from not so long ago oprah14 

Is this really surprising though? The album debuted with 109k and she only had one hit. I don't think she had the starpower to maintain her relevancy between Pure Heroine and Melodrama, tbh. The album is pretty good though; she deserves better, imo. 

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.