Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Simón.

Lorde flopping for filth in USA tour

Has Lorde-mania started to lose some traction?

UK paper The Guardian seems to think so, calling the Kiwi star's US tour a "flop".

The 21-year-old Grammy nominated singer/songwriter started her highly anticipated North American tour on March 1 in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, after smashing out her second world tour for Melodrama in Europe, the United Kingdom, New Zealand and Australia.

But in Milwaukee, it seemed fans weren't as hungry for her sophomore album tour. For the 18,000-capacity arena, sources told The Guardian that only 6000 fans turned up.

A reviewer from Milwaukee Record said sections were closed off with seats covered in a thick black tarpaulin.

Even in the open sections there were plenty of empty seats remaining, the reviewer wrote.

At her shows in Sacramento, Oakland, Kansas, Seattle and Denver over the next few weeks, Lorde's promoter AEG apparently closed off the upper tiers of the venue and gave out free upgrades. 

Ticketmaster issued a discount code for premium seats, reducing the price from US$99 (NZ$137) to $39 (NZ$53), The Guardian reported.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/entertainment/music/102418678/seats-covered-in-thick-black-tarp-during-early-part-of-lordes-flop-us-tour

Imagine being not able to sell half of the tickets. But that hoe had it coming lol2

4 minutes ago, Pennywise said:

Nicole%252C%2520no..gif

Well this is what you get for bashing your Israëli fans, and being hypocrite! @Simón. had a great point yesterday: she won't perform in Israel because she doesn't support the country, but she performs in Russia. rip4 

4 minutes ago, Moonflower said:

Omg dead2

I just googled and it sold like 100k in the US or something so everyone that bought a copy would be able to fill out 5-6 arenas give or take and she has 30 US dates i- 

tumblr_p2182mSVoH1qk7scno1_250.gif

1 minute ago, Sylk said:

I just googled and it sold like 100k in the US or something so everyone that bought a copy would be able to fill out 5-6 arenas give or take and she has 30 US dates i- 

tumblr_p2182mSVoH1qk7scno1_250.gif

Yeah it sold about 115k...thats what happens when you dont have a smash single ina country and decided to tour in it seven months after the album is released

58 minutes ago, Chapman. said:

she looks like she’s having tons of fun and i live for her candids on tour, looks like a fantastic show too :(

well she's the only one that is since she's the only one there 

41 minutes ago, Sylk said:

well she's the only one that is since she's the only one there 

we slow dance in a living room but all that a stranger would see, is one girl swaying alone stroking her cheek sob1 

2 hours ago, Beaux said:

I saw it coming, i knew she will get mel gibson'd

Mel Gibson? Nah. More of like Iggy Azalea'd. The difference is that she fell off much sooner than him, and her falloff is more close to Iggy.

46 minutes ago, QueenCedar101 said:

Mel Gibson? Nah. More of like Iggy Azalea'd. The difference is that she fell off much sooner than him, and her falloff is more close to Iggy.

Mel gibson went on a racist rant against the jews and as a result he allegedly got blacklisted in hollywood. Lorde canceled her concert in israel because she doesn't agree with israel's militant approach to the Palestine-vs-Israel situation. 

Personally i'd have understood her point of view better if she didn't agree to perform in russia, which is involved in the syrian genocide. Maybe she is not educated on the whole situation, she's still young, but nonetheless, she's getting crucified.

DSM52UMXcAA7zxM.jpg

Iggy's situation was different and it was not even political. She had a racist past and doing a whip motion while saying "runaway slave... master".. WHILE being an australian white girl doing rap/Hip-Hop

See for yourself:

Problematic faves, ahh!

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.