Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Galactic-Tiger

Most impressive comebacks after Madonna

Artists with best music comebacks ever  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Which artists have been more successful at relaunching their image and sound and adapting with times, after Madonna?

• Kylie
    • Mariah
    • Britney Spears
    • Rihanna
    • Katy Perry
    • Taylor Swift
    • Christina Aguilera
    • Rita Ora
    • Miley Cirus
    • Whitney Houston
    • Nelly Furtado
    • Bjork
    • Cher
    • Kate Bush
    • P!nk
    • Lana del Rey
    • Kesha
    • Shakira
    • Beyonce
    • Eminem
    • Jay Z
    • Justin Tinberlake
    • Justin Bieber
    • David Bowie
    • Michael Jackson

15 hours ago, Bionic Monster said:

Also still getting top 10 hits WW 25 years into her career ahhhhh we love a legend!

Damn this song is such a timeless jam

On 3/29/2018 at 10:50 AM, Tanya Turner said:

Mariah didn't even need a comeback given that she's the most successful artist of all time, as credited in all interviews she does/awards she wins

eve1

On 3/29/2018 at 8:50 PM, Anna Wintour said:

Mariah didn't even need a comeback given that she's the most successful artist of all time, as credited in all interviews she does/awards she wins

The same goes with Madonna but Guinness book agrees too with it ny2

On 3/29/2018 at 11:11 AM, The One Behind All said:

I don't find Cher comeback impressive at all cuz she had more than 10 years gap of floppage to prepare for it shrug1

Being missing for a long time from the public eye is an even worse thing. Just look at X and how that 6-year gap definitely hurt things more.

Cher deserves praise because she delivered a HUGE #1 late in her career. She holds the record for oldest woman to have a #1 song. Not even Madonna could beat that. lj1 

Plus, for better or worse, Cher literally pioneered auto tune in the industry with Believe. That is big. lj1 

1 minute ago, Umbreon said:

Being missing for a long time from the public eye is an even worse thing. Just look at X and how that 6-year gap definitely hurt things more.

Cher deserves praise because she delivered a HUGE #1 late in her career. She holds the record for oldest woman to have a #1 song. Not even Madonna could beat that. lj1 

Plus, for better or worse, Cher literally pioneered auto tune in the industry with Believe. That is big. lj1 

Cher is overrated AF and one of her few consolations is that record, which Madonna could break in the future btw.

My point was that it is important also the quantity of comebacks. Cher had that one comeback only. After that she flopped again and again, please hahaha she totally failed to reinvent her music successfully throughout the times. She just got the luck to smash with Believe and now she is mostly remembered for that one hit song. She is the Goddess of one-hit wonders ig. 

8 minutes ago, The One Behind All said:

Cher is overrated AF and one of her few consolations is that record, which Madonna could break in the future btw.

My point was that it is important also the quantity of comebacks. Cher had that one comeback only. After that she flopped again and again, please hahaha she totally failed to reinvent her music successfully throughout the times. She just got the luck to smash with Believe and now she is mostly remembered for that one hit song. She is the Goddess of one-hit wonders ig. 

Good luck with that, Madonna kii1 

Commercially, Cher was almost always a flop. She just had moments here and there. If I Could Turn Back Time is a hit too, so she’s a two-hit wonder ny1 

A comeback is still a comeback. I’m fully aware overall Cher is a flop commercially xtina11 

17 minutes ago, The One Behind All said:

What? One Hit Wonder? she had many top 40 US hits back in the in the 60's with Sony ("I Got You Babe" no 1),  3 number 1 singles in the 70's ("Gypsys Tramps and Thieves, Half Breed, Dark Lady") in the 80's she has three top ten hits from the Heart of Stone Album, and three top 40 in the 90's one of them Believe a number one hit, and I mean she was kind of successful again with Burlesque.

16 minutes ago, Mistress 9 said:

What? One Hit Wonder? she had many top 40 US hits back in the in the 60's with Sony ("I Got You Babe" no 1),  3 number 1 singles in the 70's ("Gypsys Tramps and Thieves, Half Breed, Dark Lady") in the 80's she has three top ten hits from the Heart of Stone Album, and three top 40 in the 90's one of them Believe a number one hit, and I mean she was kind of successful again with Burlesque.

Uhmm but artistically speaking she did not evolve much throughout her career. In the '80s she peaked with If I Could Turn Back Time but then she failed to reinvent herself and people forgot about her. Or, more precisely, the gp got bored of her.  Cher needed a huge time gap before coming back with Believe cuz she needed people to forgot about her in order to appeal to the GP again.

1 hour ago, Mistress 9 said:

Cher has at least 4 remembered hits. Like most artists. And she is a legend with Grammy, Golden Globe, Oscar, Emmy. I don't know why anybody would try to shade such a great career.

26 minutes ago, light741 said:

Cher has at least 4 remembered hits. Like most artists. And she is a legend with Grammy, Golden Globe, Oscar, Emmy. I don't know why anybody would try to shade such a great career.

yeah, she's a living legend

TBH I don't see anyone other than the Master of reinvention (and of Beyawnce & Jzzzz) Madonna herself.  She made it an Art that none of them can't seem to be able to emulate.  

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.