Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Agugaga

Why Gaga/Katy didn’t last as long as Brit and Xtina

It’s simple, Gaga and Katy didn’t score their #1 debut hit singles until they were 23. Britney and Xtina had already sold millions of albums, toured the world, and left their mark as they broke out on the scene at 17.

Christina is only 37 after being almost 20 years in the industry. The only thing helping her right now is her age. If she were to make a proper comeback she can still do it and it’s not really out of the question. 30s is a cool decade, considering she’s the same age as Beyoncé. When Gaga and Katy are 20 years in, they will be in their 40s, thus less likely to be successful or score any hits. xtina11 

Christina hasn’t had a hit since SS in 2013.

Britney hasn’t had a hit since 2012.

Xtina hasn’t had a solo hit since KGB in 2008 which was 10 years ago.

Britney hasn’t had a solo hit since 2011 which was 7 years ago.

Xtina’s last successful album was B2B which was 12 years ago dead2 

Britney’s last ‘big album’ was Femme Fatale in 2011, which was 7 years ago.

Britney 1998-2011 = 12 years

Xtina 1999-2008 = 9 years (but I know you’re gonna @ me with say something so 14 years if you really must)

Gaga 2008-2015(?) = 7 years (solo)

Katy 2008-2017 = 9 years (solo)

The latter still have huge prevalence in the pop world despite some of their star power rubbing off but they are both more likely to get a hit than Brit or Xtina, and that’s just facts!

Sure, Xtina and Britney have age on their side ans they are barely older than Gaga Andy Katy but people probably generally receive them as older because they debuted so much earlier. They are from a different era, they’ve had their time. They’re unlikely to have their emancipation. Honestly, the likelihood of them getting a hit now is pretty low unless they’re on some hot feature. 

6 minutes ago, Oblivia said:

Christina hasn’t had a hit since SS in 2013.

Britney hasn’t had a hit since 2012.

Xtina hasn’t had a solo hit since KGB in 2008 which was 10 years ago.

Britney hasn’t had a solo hit since 2011 which was 7 years ago.

Xtina’s last successful album was B2B which was 12 years ago dead2 

Britney’s last ‘big album’ was Femme Fatale in 2011, which was 7 years ago.

Britney 1998-2011 = 12 years

Xtina 1999-2008 = 9 years (but I know you’re gonna @ me with say something so 14 years if you really must)

Gaga 2008-2015(?) = 7 years (solo)

Katy 2008-2017 = 9 years (solo)

The latter still have huge prevalence in the pop world despite some of their star power rubbing off but they are both more likely to get a hit than Brit or Xtina, and that’s just facts!

Sure, Xtina and Britney have age on their side that they are barely older than them but people probably generally receive them as older because they debuted so much earlier. The likelihood of them getting a hit now is pretty low unless they’re on some hot feature.

Hold the fuck up tho,  you are cutting off Xtina at Back to Basics, yet you included Katy’s witness era as part of her success? ny7 

Fake News. 

But anyway, my point is, they all had the same time range of initial success (Britney a little more, but she’s the least likely NOW to score any type of hit. She’s just deadbeat done.) my point was, I don’t ever see Katy and Gaga being successful nearly 20 years in because they will be in their 40s. I’d still like to see what Xtina is giving. She really hasn’t tried, and now she’s about to. Many years have passed but it’s not too late since she’s still a pop star in her 30s.

3 minutes ago, Agugaga said:

Hold the fuck up tho,  you are cutting off Xtina at Back to Basics, yet you included Katy’s witness era as part of her success? ny7 

Fake News. 

Selective replying I see!

Katy’s last solo hit was in 2017. 

Also, I have a question, how come Xtina had successful feature (MLJ) before the release of Lotus but the entire campaign flopped, then she was on a tragic collab with  Pitbull and that did well? Why does no one buy christina’s solo material?

1 minute ago, Oblivia said:

Also, I have a question, how come Xtina had successful feature (MLJ) before the release of Lotus but the entire campaign flopped, then she was on a tragic collab with  Pitbull and that did well? Why does no one buy christina’s solo material?

It wasnt her time. She never promoted it either. She wasn’t into it, etc. What we do know is when Xtina brings it , she’s likely to get some type of success. So we’ll see...if she comes with her A game she will have more success than Bionic and Lotus. 

3 minutes ago, Oblivia said:

Strictly speaking, Katy hasn't had a solo hit since Roar sis eve1 

1 minute ago, Agugaga said:

It wasnt her time. She never promoted it either. She wasn’t into it, etc. What we do know is when Xtina brings it , she’s likely to get some type of success. So we’ll see...if she comes with her A game she will have more success than Bionic and Lotus. 

Aguilera made several appearances on television shows in mid-2010 to promote Bionic. She appeared on The Oprah Winfrey Show on May 7 and performed the lead single "Not Myself Tonight".[76] On May 26, Aguilera performed "You Lost Me" at the season finale of the ninth season of American Idol.[77] The following month, Aguilera opened the 2010 MTV Movie Awards on June 6 with a medley of "Bionic", "Not Myself Tonight" and "Woohoo",[78] and appeared on Today on June 8, where she performed "Bionic", "Not Myself Tonight", "You Lost Me", and two previous singles "Beautiful" and "Fighter".[79] Later that month, she performed "You Lost Me" on the Late Show with David Letterman on June 9,[80] and "Not Myself Tonight", "You Lost Me", "Fighter" and a medley of "Genie in a Bottle" and "What a Girl Wants" on The Early Show on June 11.[81] A VH1 Storytellers episode featuring Aguilera's performances aired on June 13.[82]

as for lotus, she obviously didn’t care as much but she was on the biggest talent show in the US. That is exposure!

promo gives a better chance of success but doesn’t always equate to it: look at tori kellyrip3 

5 minutes ago, Modern Woman said:

Strictly speaking, Katy hasn't had a solo hit since Roar sis eve1 

Oh good point! Actually completely forgot skip was on chained! jj2 I meant as a lead artist! Skip obviously wasn’t the one who made it a hit, hence his lack of chart success, but clock and gut me for filthjj2 

7 minutes ago, Oblivia said:

Aguilera made several appearances on television shows in mid-2010 to promote Bionic. She appeared on The Oprah Winfrey Show on May 7 and performed the lead single "Not Myself Tonight".[76] On May 26, Aguilera performed "You Lost Me" at the season finale of the ninth season of American Idol.[77] The following month, Aguilera opened the 2010 MTV Movie Awards on June 6 with a medley of "Bionic", "Not Myself Tonight" and "Woohoo",[78] and appeared on Today on June 8, where she performed "Bionic", "Not Myself Tonight", "You Lost Me", and two previous singles "Beautiful" and "Fighter".[79] Later that month, she performed "You Lost Me" on the Late Show with David Letterman on June 9,[80] and "Not Myself Tonight", "You Lost Me", "Fighter" and a medley of "Genie in a Bottle" and "What a Girl Wants" on The Early Show on June 11.[81] A VH1 Storytellers episode featuring Aguilera's performances aired on June 13.[82]

as for lotus, she obviously didn’t care as much but she was on the biggest talent show in the US. That is exposure!

promo gives a better chance of success but doesn’t always equate to it: look at tori kellyrip3 

Christina did put a lot of promo into Bionic, but the backlash against her was harsh during that period. Everyone was up Gaga’s ass. 

For “Lotus,” she never even performed the 1st single and she just let it burn quickly. She was also out of shape and out of touch. It was messy. “Just a Fool” didn’t even get a music video. The majority of the promo for that album only came during “The Voice” and that was Xtina’s worst season on the show. She was checked out, having done 3 back to back seasons.

Britney on the other hand performed her 1st single off “Glory” and there was a music video for the 2nd single. This is the difference between trying and not trying. Xtina didn’t try at all.

1 minute ago, Agugaga said:

Christina did put a lot of promo into Bionic, but the backlash against her was harsh during that period. Everyone was up Gaga’s ass. 

For “Lotus,” she never even performed the 1st single and she just let it burn quickly. She was also out of shape and out of touch. It was messy. “Just a Fool” didn’t even get a music video. 

Britney on the other hand performed her 1st single off “Glory” and there was a music video for the 2nd single. This is the difference between trying and not trying. Xtina didn’t try at all.

Xtina performed YB on a talk show. A tragic mess office performance. But still a performance! She performed a medley at the AMAs if I remember rightly too! Not nearly as much promo as bionic but there was still some!

these are some double standards, you’re using variables to justify her flops in regards to bionic! It’s the same as saying if Katy or Gaga didn’t have so much backlash before the release of their flop albums, their albums would have been smashes! If people weren’t up Taylor’s ass Katy would smashed. If people weren’t bored of gagas antics, she woulda smashed!!!11 oprah14 

1 minute ago, Oblivia said:

Xtina performed YB on a talk show. A tragic mess office performance. But still a performance! She performed a medley at the AMAs if I remember rightly too! Not nearly as much promo as bionic but there was still some!

these are some double standards, you’re using variables to justify her flops in regards to bionic! It’s the same as saying if Katy or Gaga didn’t have so much backlash before the release of their flop albums, their albums would have been smashes! If people weren’t up Taylor’s ass Katy would smashed. If people weren’t bored of gagas antics, she woulda smashed!!!11 oprah14 

I’m not sure what you are getting at here. I do agree that Gaga and Katy got backlash too at certain points in their careers. But my whole point is they won’t be able to afford to take any long hiatus’ cuz they aren’t as young as Britney and Xtina were. 

10 minutes ago, Oblivia said:

Oh good point! Actually completely forgot skip was on chained! jj2 I meant as a lead artist! Skip obviously wasn’t the one who made it a hit, hence his lack of chart success, but clock and gut me for filthjj2 

jj2 We love a level-headed membah! Ofc Skip didn't make it smash but she/her label seems to think she needs features to smash

2 minutes ago, Modern Woman said:

jj2 We love a level-headed membah! Ofc Skip didn't make it smash but she/her label seems to think she needs features to smash

I wouldn’t say CTTR was a flop, but I do agree it was like her “Million Reasons,”...a forced high charting song and nothing much else to make up for it. The follow up singles performed tragically.  

2 minutes ago, Agugaga said:

I wouldn’t say CTTR was a flop, but I do agree it was like her “Million Reasons,”...a forced high charting song and nothing much else to make up for it. The follow up singles performed tragically.  

Unlike MR it actually hit the top 10 outside the US jj2 

11 minutes ago, Agugaga said:

I’m not sure what you are getting at here. I do agree that Gaga and Katy got backlash too at certain points in their careers. But my whole point is they won’t be able to afford to take any long hiatus’ cuz they aren’t as young as Britney and Xtina were. 

They probably wouldn’t be able to take long hiatuses now, no, though but the point still stands that they are more likely to get a hit song than Brit and Xtina purely because they are seen by the music industry as ‘old’, or they are but not nearly as old as as Xtina and Britney because of when they debuted. They’ve had hits and music success comparatively.

I would love Xtina to smash! Your body is THAT song, I just don’t think it’s realistic

10 minutes ago, Modern Woman said:

Katy is tragic. Hence why I burned my stan card for her. jj2 CTTR is her best lead for me though. Honestly, she asked Migos to feature on BA without doing her research and then delivered that EMBARRASSING SNL performance. She thought she was making some revolutionary album and gave us... that trash1 

5 minutes ago, Oblivia said:

Katy is tragic. Hence why I burned my stan card for her. jj2 CTTR is her best lead for me though. Honestly, she asked Migos to feature on BA without doing her research and then delivered that EMBARRASSING SNL performance. She thought she was making some revolutionary album and gave us... that trash1 

Yet you still have her award and set jj3 

Just now, Modern Woman said:

Yet you still have her award and set jj3 

Only so it would all match. I stan CTTR. I removed all my other stan badges for it: I have ocd jj3 I stan Banks, Gabrielle aplin, Bon Iver, Beyoncé and Ariana jj2 

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.