Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Agugaga

Why Gaga/Katy didn’t last as long as Brit and Xtina

1 minute ago, Oblivia said:

Only so it would all match. I stan CTTR. I removed all my other stan badges for it: I have ocd jj3 I stan Banks, Gabrielle aplin, Bon Iver, Beyoncé and Ariana jj2 

jj3 

Anyway Gabrielle's latest music BOPs and Banks needs to make a comeback ny10 

33 minutes ago, Modern Woman said:

Unlike MR it actually hit the top 10 outside the US jj2 

31 minutes ago, Oblivia said:

And wasn’t shoved down everyone’s throats for 7 months! jj2 

and Katy is tne only one that ACTUALLY have a REAL WW TOUR

2 minutes ago, Urbanov said:

Let’s have a baby oprah7 

Omg sweetie i saw him the other week in London and I was actually fangirling more than I would any pop girl. I was definitely such an embarrassment

OT: Xtina is a flop xxxx

37 minutes ago, Oblivia said:

They probably wouldn’t be able to take long hiatuses now, no, though but the point still stands that they are more likely to get a hit song than Brit and Xtina purely because they are seen by the music industry as ‘old’, or they are but not nearly as old as as Xtina and Britney because of when they debuted. They’ve had hits and music success comparatively.

I would love Xtina to smash! Your body is THAT song, I just don’t think it’s realistic

Katy is tragic. Hence why I burned my stan card for her. jj2 CTTR is her best lead for me though. Honestly, she asked Migos to feature on BA without doing her research and then delivered that EMBARRASSING SNL performance. She thought she was making some revolutionary album and gave us... that trash1 

I was about to come in here and praise you flop omg

Image result for gretchen gifsImage result for gretchen gifsImage result for gretchen gifs

3 minutes ago, Oblivia said:

Omg sweetie i saw him the other week in London and I was actually fangirling more than I would any pop girl. I was definitely such an embarrassment

OT: Xtina is a flop xxxx

I've seen them live almost 7 years ago in Berlin during their concert in C-Halle oprah2 one of the best gigs I've attempted in my life oprah2

1 hour ago, Oblivia said:

They probably wouldn’t be able to take long hiatuses now, no, though but the point still stands that they are more likely to get a hit song than Brit and Xtina purely because they are seen by the music industry as ‘old’, or they are but not nearly as old as as Xtina and Britney because of when they debuted. They’ve had hits and music success comparatively.

I would love Xtina to smash! Your body is THAT song, I just don’t think it’s realistic

Katy is tragic. Hence why I burned my stan card for her. jj2 CTTR is her best lead for me though. Honestly, she asked Migos to feature on BA without doing her research and then delivered that EMBARRASSING SNL performance. She thought she was making some revolutionary album and gave us... that trash1 

OMG, you are taking the words right out of my mouth oprah2

The non-existent quality on Witness and her cringy behavior during the entire era made me unstan Katy. 

1 hour ago, TomTom2288 said:

OMG, you are taking the words right out of my mouth oprah2

The non-existent quality on Witness and her cringy behavior during the entire era made me unstan Katy. 

nnn.... not everyone unstanning Kety and Gagz at the same time lmfao

4 hours ago, Oblivia said:

Christina hasn’t had a hit since SS in 2013. Britney hasn’t had a hit since 2012.

Xtina hasn’t had a solo hit since KGB in 2008 which was 10 years ago. Britney hasn’t had a solo hit since 2011 which was 7 years ago.

Xtina’s last successful album was B2B which was 12 years ago dead2 Britney’s last ‘big album’ was Femme Fatale in 2011, which was 7 years ago.

Britney 1998-2011 = 12 years

Xtina 1999-2008 = 9 years (but I know you’re gonna @ me with say something so 14 years if you really must)

Gaga 2008-2015(?) = 7 years (solo)

Katy 2008-2017 = 9 years (solo)

The latter still have huge prevalence in the pop world despite some of their star power rubbing off but they are both more likely to get a hit than Brit or Xtina, and that’s just facts!

Sure, Xtina and Britney have age on their side ans they are barely older than Gaga Andy Katy but people probably generally receive them as older because they debuted so much earlier. They are from a different era, they’ve had their time. They’re unlikely to have their emancipation. Honestly, the likelihood of them getting a hit now is pretty low unless they’re on some hot feature. 

It's not that simple, Blackout was a flop. Methney flopped 9 years into her career, just like Katy did too. The fad flopped only 5 years into hers, Xtina flopped 12 years into hers. The fact is that at this point in time, Xtina/Methney both have had longer longevity than Katy/fad. That might or might not change in the future, we don't know. 

Anyhow, kii at you counting the massive bomb that was Witness as successful. The nerve! lmfao1 

4 hours ago, Oblivia said:

Oh good point! Actually completely forgot skip was on chained! jj2 I meant as a lead artist! Skip obviously wasn’t the one who made it a hit, hence his lack of chart success, but clock and gut me for filthjj2 

I love how you talk about double standards and hypocrisy first and then you do this. xtina4  If you mean as lead artist, then Christina had her last top 5 lead-billing hit 16 years into her career, meanwhile talentless Perry already bombed 9 years into her, so what's good? She's in her 30s now and she has no talent to fall back on so what will she do to get the GP back? 

Let's not pretend Christina lasted for more than 8/9 years. (not counting features). Britney nearly tanked at the same time, but she was able to revive her career. Who's to say that Gaga or Katy won't be able to revive themselves? They can "last" just as long as Britney and Xtina, but wallow in the same amount of lukewarm success.

But even if they don't, it's not that much of a comparison. 

14 hours ago, havok said:

It's not that simple, Blackout was a flop. Methney flopped 9 years into her career, just like Katy did too. The fad flopped only 5 years into hers, Xtina flopped 12 years into hers. The fact is that at this point in time, Xtina/Methney both have had longer longevity than Katy/fad. That might or might not change in the future, we don't know. 

Anyhow, kii at you counting the massive bomb that was Witness as successful. The nerve! lmfao1 

I love how you talk about double standards and hypocrisy first and then you do this. xtina4  If you mean as lead artist, then Christina had her last top 5 lead-billing hit 16 years into her career, meanwhile talentless Perry already bombed 9 years into her, so what's good? She's in her 30s now and she has no talent to fall back on so what will she do to get the GP back? 

Let’s agree to disagree because Xtina’s solo success was shorter lived than Brit’s though considering Britney was still successful in 2011. And if you had read the entire thread you’d see I said I was talking about hits and Katy had a hit in 2017 so she was obviously still successful/relevant! I wasn’t talking about the album. 

Gaga had an underperformance in ARTPOP but she is still a musical presence! Hence she performed at the SB after her flop. 

In regards to the post, I made a mistake which someone asked me about and I addressed it, I didn’t try to pretend I didn’t make it but go off LMFAOOOOO 

SS is of course a great song but the facts remain that Xtina hasn’t had success as a LEAD artist since 2008! She’s been successful on features and on ONE song which is a duet, she is not featured as the lead!

watch when Xtina drops her lead single, does promo, the album and single bombs and we will have this conversation again 

jj2 

2 hours ago, Oblivia said:

Let’s agree to disagree because Xtina’s solo success was shorter lived than Brit’s though considering Britney was still successful in 2011. And if you had read the entire thread you’d see I said I was talking about hits and Katy had a hit in 2017 so she was obviously still successful/relevant! I wasn’t talking about the album. 

Gaga had an underperformance in ARTPOP but she is still a musical presence! Hence she performed at the SB after her flop. 

In regards to the post, I made a mistake which someone asked me about and I addressed it, I didn’t try to pretend I didn’t make it but go off LMFAOOOOO 

SS is of course a great song but the facts remain that Xtina hasn’t had success as a LEAD artist since 2008! She’s been successful on features and on ONE song which is a duet, she is not featured as the lead!

watch when Xtina drops her lead single, does promo, the album and single bombs and we will have this conversation again jj2 

CTTR having high peaks due to PRISM's hype won't suddenly stop Katy from bombing and being a colossal flop with Witness, sorry. If having a hit means you're "obviously still successful/relevant" then we can say that about Christina because of SS, song where she has LEAD billing credit. Since you have yet to catch the point, let me spell it out for you: I'm simply pointing out how flawed your attempt at a logic is and also how much of a hypocrite you are. xtina2

Watch when Katy drops her lead single, does promo, the album and single bombs and we will have this conversation again. xtina2 

You're only talking about age when Gaga's career is not that different than Xtina's in terms of longevity.

They both had 3 successful eras and both saw their popularity decrease with each era, and if we talk about achievements is there something Xtina has achieved that Gaga hasn't? Gaga had a bigger peak and she has sold more records, not to mention she has a halftime show under her belt. Xtina has more impact though. jj3 

1 hour ago, Michael. said:

You're only talking about age when Gaga's career is not that different than Xtina's in terms of longevity.

They both had 3 successful eras and both saw their popularity decrease with each era, and if we talk about achievements is there something Xtina has achieved that Gaga hasn't? Gaga had a bigger peak and she has sold more records, not to mention she has a halftime show under her belt. Xtina has more impact though. jj3 

Gaga had a bigger peak, but Xtina had more longevity. 

Whereas Gaga declined with “Born This Way” Xtina’s popularity increased with “Stripped” worldwide. Considering that album sales took a huge hit in the early 00s, for “Stripped” to retain 90% of her debut sales worldwide says a lot. So that alone proves that Xtina had more longevity.

And then “Back to Basics” was more successful than “Art Pop” as well. oprah14 

And what has Xtina achieved that Gaga hasn’t? More #1 singles I guess and praise from legends, unlike Gaga who got bashed by all her idols oprah14 

And as for “Gaga sold more records,” I mean I think that’s all subjective. Xtina sold expensive records while Gaga sold her album for .99 cents so oprah14 

I would actually Say Xtina’s trajectory is more in line with Katy Perry. Both of them peaked with album #2 and then both had a less impactful 3rd album. And then both had their bionics with album #4.

19 hours ago, havok said:

I agree...to sit here and say “Britney lasted for 12 years” is a lie considering from 2004-2007 she was damaged goods and a non-factor in the music scene. So really Britney’s solo success was 1999-2004, 2008-2011= 9 years. 

Even though Xtina took long breaks between her era’s she was still releasing side projects that were successful. Britney completely abandoned her career for about four years, so to put that portion under her belt as “solo success” is a damn lie. 

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.