Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Agugaga

Why Gaga/Katy didn’t last as long as Brit and Xtina

4 minutes ago, Jjang said:

Katy is touring every continent 11 years into her career, wasn't Christina cancelling hers 9 years in? oprah14

No, Christina cancelled her tour 11 years in. If it’s Katy’s perogative to embark on a worldwide Groupon tour, then that’s on her oprah14 Christina chose not to embarrass herself. oprah14 

Christina was smart to jump into Burlesque/The Voice immediately afterwards, while Katy keeps hitting on the nails of her coffin. But since ur so hell bent on tours, do you ny7 

1 minute ago, Agugaga said:

No, Christina cancelled her tour 11 years in. If it’s Katy’s perogative to embark on a worldwide Groupon tour, then that’s on her oprah14 Christina chose not to embarrass herself. oprah14 

40k attendance in Brazil, 30k in Japan, sold out in Europe & Occeania. oprah14 Even adding 2 dates due to demand in South Africa. oprah14 A $100m + grossing tour, does Christina even have that? oprah14

25 minutes ago, Agugaga said:

Gaga had a bigger peak, but Xtina had more longevity. 

Whereas Gaga declined with “Born This away” Xtina’s popularity increased with “Stripped” worldwide. Considering that album sales took a huge hit in the early 00s, for “Stripped” to retain 90% of her debut sales worldwide says a lot. So that alone proves that Xtina had more longevity.

And then “Back to Basics” was more successful than “Art Pop” as well. oprah14 

And what has Xtina achieved that Gaga hasn’t? More #1 singles I guess and praise from legends, unlike Gaga who got bashed by all her idols oprah14 

And as for “Gaga sold more records,” I mean I think that’s all subjective. Xtina sold expensive records while Gaga sold her album for .99 cents so oprah14 

They have the same amount of successful eras though oprah14 Xtina's career seems bigger to you because she had long periods of inactivity between albums. oprah14 

Plus BTB was kinda the beginning of her decline just like Artpop was for Gaga. In fact only one single from that era managed to crack the top 10 while the others peaked at #19 and #25 and the album did decently I guess, people deemed Rated R as an underperformance when it sold about the same than BTB btw. Well not really the same but the gap really isn't big and RR was released in a worse sales climate.

Yeah but the praise she gets doesn't mean she lasted longer anyway oprah14

1 minute ago, Jjang said:

40k attendance in Brazil, 30k in Japan, sold out in Europe & Occeania. oprah14 Even adding 2 dates due to demand in South Africa. oprah14 A $100m + grossing tour, does Christina even have that? oprah14

Receipts on this $100 million grossing tour you speak of? xtina2 

10 minutes ago, Michael. said:

They have the same amount of successful eras though oprah14 Xtina's career seems bigger to you because she had long periods of inactivity between albums. oprah14 

Plus BTB was kinda the beginning of her decline just like Artpop was for Gaga. In fact only one single from that era managed to crack the top 10 while the others peaked at #19 and #25 and the album did decently I guess, people deemed Rated R as an underperformance when it sold about the same than BTB btw. 

Yeah but the praise she gets doesn't mean she lasted longer anyway oprah14

The singles off B2B more successful worldwide though. All 3 singles went top ten in big markets. The album sold 1.7 million in US, but 5 million worldwide, which once again shows how much bigger Xtina was globally. Gaga only had “Applause.” oprah14 

And yes, Xtina took longer breaks but we shouldn’t discredit her successful side projects, like Lady Marmalade, the Spanish Album, the Xmas album etc. Gaga never saw that type of success outside of her 3 big eras. I guess there was that Jazz album. oprah14 

2 minutes ago, Agugaga said:

Receipts on this $100 million grossing tour you speak of? xtina2 

The average gross is $1m + so far according to the least commercially successful leg of the tour (NA), her shows are now bigger so it's only natural that the average gross will go up. 114 dates, do a 1+1 oprah14

7 minutes ago, Jjang said:

The average gross is $1m + so far according to the least commercially successful leg of the tour (NA), her shows are now bigger so it's only natural that the average gross will go up. 114 dates, do a 1+1 oprah14

Ya I doubt her shows were grossing anywhere near $1 million per show when she was selling 2/$20 tickets on Groupon xtina2 

4 hours ago, havok said:

CTTR having high peaks due to PRISM's hype won't suddenly stop Katy from bombing and being a colossal flop with Witness, sorry. If having a hit means you're "obviously still successful/relevant" then we can say that about Christina because of SS, song where she has LEAD billing credit. Since you have yet to catch the point, let me spell it out for you: I'm simply pointing out how flawed your attempt at a logic is and also how much of a hypocrite you are. xtina2

Watch when Katy drops her lead single, does promo, the album and single bombs and we will have this conversation again. xtina2 

Katy was in the middle of a public backlash which is what hurt the Witness era so severely and then delivered a politically charged single in the middle of an election (when half her fans are republicans) and acted messily when the charts weren’t going her way. and you’re wondering why the album flopped? - Apart from being a terrible album. jj2 Hardly takes a genius to recognise the faults!

Yes the single sold off of Katy’s brand initially. But how come when you’ve got Xtina’s apparent brand on MLJ or Feel This Moment people don’t buy Xtina’s brand off her solo/lead single endeavours?

SS is a DUET. Great Big World is not a feature and is a stand alone single for Xtina. If both were to drop a lead single now, Katy’s would do better and that’s just facts rip3 

the point is Xtina has struggled to score a hit where she is the lead artist until 5 years after her last - which as said before, was a duet of equal measure oprah14 

Let’s go by your logic: Xtina’s next lead single is gonna perform off the hype and success of her huge single SS - but realistically she will not even replicate this success and she won’t even come close to besting the success of Chained but go off x x 

1 hour ago, Oblivia said:

Katy was in the middle of a public backlash which is what hurt the Witness era so severely and then delivered a politically charged single in the middle of an election (when half her fans are republicans) and acted messily when the charts weren’t going her way. and you’re wondering why the album flopped? - Apart from being a terrible album. jj2 Hardly takes a genius to recognise the faults!

Yes the single sold off of Katy’s brand initially. But how come when you’ve got Xtina’s apparent brand on MLJ or Feel This Moment people don’t buy Xtina’s brand off her solo/lead single endeavours?

SS is a DUET. Great Big World is not a feature and is a stand alone single for Xtina. If both were to drop a lead single now, Katy’s would do better and that’s just facts rip3 

the point is Xtina has struggled to score a hit where she is the lead artist until 5 years after her last - which as said before, was a duet of equal measure oprah14 

Let’s go by your logic: Xtina’s next lead single is gonna perform off the hype and success of her huge single SS - but realistically she will not even replicate this success and she won’t even come close to besting the success of Chained but go off x x 

And how do you know this? It’s been 5 years since Xtina put out a lead single. There’s plenty of hype. I think if both of them dropped singles today, katy would bomb (but might have a bigger first week), whereas Xtina would be a slow burner and she would end up winning in the end. Radio has completely abandoned Katy Perry. Christina left Radio on a good note with Say Something, so they will at least spin her comeback track. 

Christina will at least get hot adult contemporary support, whereas Katy’s Nickelodeon bops are too immature for anything other than Top 40, and it’s totally uncool right now to play her on the format. oprah14 

13 hours ago, Agugaga said:

The singles off B2B more successful worldwide though. All 3 singles went top ten in big markets. The album sold 1.7 million in US, but 5 million worldwide, which once again shows how much bigger Xtina was globally. Gaga only had “Applause.” oprah14 

And yes, Xtina took longer breaks but we shouldn’t discredit her successful side projects, like Lady Marmalade, the Spanish Album, the Xmas album etc. Gaga never saw that type of success outside of her 3 big eras. I guess there was that Jazz album. oprah14 

The album sold 4 million worldwide, not 5 million. oprah14 Artpop sold over 2 million worldwide in a worse sales climate so i'm not impressed. oprah14 

Applause was bigger than any single from that era though oprah14 Most of those side projects are irrelevant anyway. oprah14 

19 hours ago, Oblivia said:

No one is interested in excuses. Katy bombed with Witness era and is now a colossal flop, just facts. I can also write tons of excuses for Bionic's floppage but it doesn't matter, it won't change facts. Is Xtina a flop? Yes she is, and so is Katy. That's the point kid, so stop being a hypocrite. xtina2 

You asked for hits with lead-billing credit, SS is exactly that. xtina2 

No one said she will, can you read? Xtina will flop and she'll continue to flop. She's already cemented herself as an icon and is now collecting praise and recognition from those influenced by her, including your fave. It's still unsure if your fave will ever get there and the future doesn't look bright at all. xtina2 

Anyhow, you really think Katy will score hits when all her latest shit has bombed epically? Please. xtina2 

7 hours ago, Michael. said:

The album sold 4 million worldwide, not 5 million. oprah14 Artpop sold over 2 million worldwide in a worse sales climate so i'm not impressed. oprah14 

Applause was bigger than any single from that era though oprah14 Most of those side projects are irrelevant anyway. oprah14 

So I guess you're not impressed by Blackout/Circus/FF either. Good to know. brit12

29 minutes ago, havok said:

No one is interested in excuses. Katy bombed with Witness era and is now a colossal flop, just facts. I can also write tons of excuses for Bionic's floppage but it doesn't matter, it won't change facts. Is Xtina a flop? Yes she is, and so is Katy. That's the point kid, so stop being a hypocrite. xtina2 

No one said she will, can you read? Xtina will flop and she'll continue to flop. She's already cemented herself as an icon and is now collecting praise and recognition from those influenced by her, including your fave. It's still unsure if your fave will ever get there and the future doesn't look bright at all. xtina2 

Anyhow, you really think Katy will score hits when all her latest shit has bombed epically? Please. xtina2 

So I guess you're not impressed by Blackout/Circus/FF either. Good to know. brit12

B2B did in fact sell 5 million tho. A lawsuit filed in court of some old soul singer trying to collect royalties for her sample, is asking for compensation for “over 5 million Records sold.” Sony Music hasn’t disputed those numbers so oprah14 

@havok you talk about reading but you obviously haven't bothered to read the rest of the thread rip3 Katy has had a flop era, yes! But she is still more likely to get a hit than Xtina because she is from a newer generation of pop girls, that is evidenced through her last lead hit being in 2017, she has an opportunity to bounce back, which may or may not happen! Xtina's first flop album was in 2008 and her second in 2012(..?) rip3 These points have been covered about 3x in this thread before you even got here and now you're out here with your elitist attitude calling 'hypocrite', 'can't read' and 'kid' like lmfao1 getting second hand embarrassment for someone who takes stan wars so damn seriously and writing posts of hypocrisy themselves lmaooooooo

2 hours ago, havok said:

That's not the topic love.

I'm not impressed by the gap between BTB's sales and Artpop, taking into consideration everything mentioned before. oprah14 

2 hours ago, Agugaga said:

B2B did in fact sell 5 million tho. A lawsuit filed in court of some old soul singer trying to collect royalties for her sample, is asking for compensation for “over 5 million Records sold.” Sony Music hasn’t disputed those numbers so oprah14 

Rihanna's label has also claimed that Rihanna has sold over 50 million albums and we know that's a lie. oprah14 

5 hours ago, Oblivia said:

@havok you talk about reading but you obviously haven't bothered to read the rest of the thread rip3 Katy has had a flop era, yes! But she is still more likely to get a hit than Xtina because she is from a newer generation of pop girls, that is evidenced through her last lead hit being in 2017, she has an opportunity to bounce back, which may or may not happen! Xtina's first flop album was in 2008 and her second in 2012(..?) rip3 These points have been covered about 3x in this thread before you even got here and now you're out here with your elitist attitude calling 'hypocrite', 'can't read' and 'kid' like lmfao1 getting second hand embarrassment for someone who takes stan wars so damn seriously and writing posts of hypocrisy themselves lmaooooooo

You'd have a point if she hadn't bombed epically with BA, SS & HHH. It's time to wake up, sweetie. xtina2 

Just pointing out your hypocrisy and double standards, not my problem if you cannot take it. But hope is always there, hu? It's cute that you think your talentless fave has any chance of bouncing back, lol. nat2 

3 hours ago, Michael. said:

That's not the topic love.

I'm not impressed by the gap between BTB's sales and Artpop, taking into consideration everything mentioned before. oprah14 

You've never had a problem with off-topic discussion, why start now? So are you or are you not impressed by Blackout/Circus/FF sales, love? nat1 

3 hours ago, Michael. said:

Rihanna's label has also claimed that Rihanna has sold over 50 million albums and we know that's a lie. oprah14 

Except it's not a label claim, it's literally the official figure stated in the court's documents, therefore the indisputable facts. brit12

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.