Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Queen Lizzy

What is the appeal about Carly Rae Jepsen?

12 minutes ago, Sailor Mars said:

Yet, this fucking clueless idiot called ULTRAVIOLENCE and pretty much every Lana Del Rey release SHIT and said she was a manufactured puppet! 

SCREAMING, I remember how much he hates Lana Del Rey rip3 I'm wondering what he thinks of other pop stars except the ones he commented rip4 

1 minute ago, Princess Aurora said:

SCREAMING, I remember how much he hates Lana Del Rey rip3 I'm wondering what he thinks of other pop stars except the ones he commented rip4 

he said swish swish oozed swagger and was the most fun katy ever released...............

he also rated witness a 6/10 so clearly he doesn't know good music

45 minutes ago, P.O.P said:

I find her music extremely cheesy and gay and I stan Kylie.

we stan a queen of unapologetic HONESTY kylie1

kylie minogue is a complex, longstanding pop queen 

carly wishes she could have an album as good as kiss me once

Just now, Forever and for Always said:

he said swish swish oozed swagger and was the most fun katy ever released...............

he also rated witness a 6/10 so clearly he doesn't know good music

I feel like he's not a pop music fan tbh but he rated Joanne a 6/10 which I think he's right and he's very hard on pop stars but praised artists like Katy Perry, Lady Gaga, Bjork, etc.... Music critics are really tough so don't expect much from them oprah14 

Just now, Princess Aurora said:

I feel like he's not a pop music fan tbh but he rated Joanne a 6/10 which I think he's right and he's very hard on pop stars but praised artists like Katy Perry, Lady Gaga, Bjork, etc.... Music critics are really tough so don't expect much from them oprah14 

I agree with you, he's not a fan of pop whatsoever it seems unless it's uninspired and flat

I don't think music reviewers should review music they don't like....... off topic but

I think they should just stick to the genre they prefer because they'll have more knowledge of it and more passion behind what they say.

hairdressers that specialize in CUTTING don't post youtube videos about how to COLOR hair. because if you have an area of expertise you stay in your lane and try to the best at it.

my 2 cents idk how i got on that tangent but bey1

2 minutes ago, Forever and for Always said:

I agree with you, he's not a fan of pop whatsoever it seems unless it's uninspired and flat

I don't think music reviewers should review music they don't like....... off topic but

I think they should just stick to the genre they prefer because they'll have more knowledge of it and more passion behind what they say.

hairdressers that specialize in CUTTING don't post youtube videos about how to COLOR hair. because if you have an area of expertise you stay in your lane and try to the best at it.

my 2 cents idk how i got on that tangent but bey1

Risultati immagini per the shade gif

I'm an Art History Lover so I know what you mean

I wouldn't call her music gay, but I will say that it is a bit overhyped. It's good, but it's not necessarily groundbreaking. It's stand-out, compared to what's popular, but compared to relatively unknown songs, meh. There are more memorable artists and music out there. 

34 minutes ago, Forever and for Always said:

very artfully put. fastfood pop i like that, it's very that.

it can fill you up when you're hungry for something but you'll be hungry again later after u shit your brains out :/

Screaming at you literally using the exact same words when I commented on her music in another thread a few years back. ny1 

I feel like the main appeal to Carly among the gays is that she's "underrated." Gays have a weird thing for stanning pop music that isn't necessarily.. popular! I mean, we saw the same thing with Lorde. As soon as Melodrama tanked, it became THE gay album of 2017. However, I'm sure that if Carly & Lorde reached Call Me Maybe and Royal's success with their latest singles, they wouldn't care so much for them! brit9 Throw Lana in there too, I'm sure if she continued BTD's success she'd have the Adele treatment! 

I love Carly, her music is fun, polished and uplifting. As a person, she's sweet and relatively harmless. But I agree, her music isn't always what it's made out to be! jj2

58 minutes ago, Sailor Mars said:

Screaming at you literally using the exact same words when I commented on her music in another thread a few years back. ny1 

its because we're connected by TASTE

sailor mars is dat bich sass3

8 minutes ago, Forever and for Always said:

its because we're connected by TASTE

sailor mars is dat bich sass3

She is tbh! I hate what they did to her character in the Crystal re-make though...

13 hours ago, Forever and for Always said:

I mean y'all are allowed to like what y'all like

But I've listened to Kiss and E-mot-ion and I've only found like 2 songs out of the whole era that catch my interest, making her a flop in my eyes.

I don't care for her voice, but the production is great.

The songs are ok, I just don't like the person delivering the sounds tnbh

Thinking the same. 

Her music might be well executed, but many of her stuff are basic, yet some critics eat her shit. Last year, I think, many of them were praising some outtake or whatever as one of the best songs of the year. Similar songs have been done for years and critics didn't give a damn or did drag those songs. It is just silly. jj3

53 minutes ago, Nocturn said:

Thinking the same. 

Her music might be well executed, but many of her stuff are basic, yet some critics eat her shit. Last year, I think, many of them were praising some outtake or whatever as one of the best songs of the year. Similar songs have been done for years and critics didn't give a damn or did drag those songs. It is just silly. jj3

Agreed. I like Carly, but I can understand that she's a bit overhyped. Still better than some, but not the greatest in this generation.

not many pop faves have a song as good as Gimmie Love; as long as she keeps delivering material as good she will keep her spot into pop's higher echelon

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.