Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

TomTom

Katy softly sings Praying on Idol

4 hours ago, Honey said:

If they collabed I’d cry happy tears 

1 hour ago, Kuba said:

Omg they need to collab on an acoustic song! cry9

48 minutes ago, Dan said:

Collab cry7 

A Kesha/Katy collab has always been my No. 1 dream. I am still sure that I can hear Katy in the background of True Love, although it has been confirmed that she isn't really featured on it. The thing is, we don't really know how/whether Kesha's lawsuit affected their relationship. Katy mentioned Kesha in her Witness livestream and called her her "friend" (starts at 3:03): 

However, the "We used to hang out and party together" makes me feel like they are not close anymore. On the other hand, Katy liked many of Kesha's tweets a few weeks ago and the fact that she started singing Praying after hearing it on Idol could be a sign that she supports Kesha, despite never speaking up or talking about Kesha during her lawsuit. I have absolutely no clue what Kesha thinks about Katy either. As far as I can remember, she didn't say anything about Katy in years, although you can find many pics of Katy and Kesha together from approximately 2008-2011 and they seemed to be very close years ago. Katy was allegedly the topic of conversation between Kesha's and Lady Gaga's text messages about Dr. Luke and Kesha's whole situation that Dr. Luke wanted to prevent from being released. I think a lot about how their current relationship is because it seems to be a mystery.

17 minutes ago, TomTom2288 said:

I feel like it’s so childish of me, but I just wish all of the pop stars were friends cry2 It’d be much more fun to have people make art together and bring happiness than be a topic of hatred 

1 hour ago, TomTom2288 said:

A Kesha/Katy collab has always been my No. 1 dream. I am still sure that I can hear Katy in the background of True Love, although it has been confirmed that she isn't really featured on it. The thing is, we don't really know how/whether Kesha's lawsuit affected their relationship. Katy mentioned Kesha in her Witness livestream and called her her "friend" (starts at 3:03): 

However, the "We used to hang out and party together" makes me feel like they are not close anymore. On the other hand, Katy liked many of Kesha's tweets a few weeks ago and the fact that she started singing Praying after hearing it on Idol could be a sign that she supports Kesha, despite never speaking up or talking about Kesha during her lawsuit. I have absolutely no clue what Kesha thinks about Katy either. As far as I can remember, she didn't say anything about Katy in years, although you can find many pics of Katy and Kesha together from approximately 2008-2011 and they seemed to be very close years ago. Katy was allegedly the topic of conversation between Kesha's and Lady Gaga's text messages about Dr. Luke and Kesha's whole situation that Dr. Luke wanted to prevent from being released. I think a lot about how their current relationship is because it seems to be a mystery.

Yeah it seemed like they used to be really close. :( I'd say that the case put a restriction on their relationship, since both were very closely linked to Luke. The only real reason I can imagine Katy not publicly saying anything is because she was really not allowed to. There is a whole lot of legal jargon behind artists that we have no clue about. I do hope that they talk in private. I have no doubt that Katy is a Kesha supporter, I just hope that she did voice it to her in some way! 

I'd love for them to work together, it would be such a natural collaboration! cry9

2 minutes ago, Kuba said:

Yeah it seemed like they used to be really close. :( I'd say that the case put a restriction on their relationship, since both were very closely linked to Luke. The only real reason I can imagine Katy not publicly saying anything is because she was really not allowed to. There is a whole lot of legal jargon behind artists that we have no clue about. I do hope that they talk in private. I have no doubt that Katy is a Kesha supporter, I just hope that she did voice it to her in some way! 

I'd love for them to work together, it would be such a natural collaboration! cry9

Yeah, I hope that they talk in private too. There are indeed some signs hinting at Katy being on Kesha's side, as I said, such as Katy liking Kesha's tweets, artists of Katy's label openly supporting Kesha (Ferras, for example) or her singing Praying now. It's just that her silence made room for speculations and Katy was accused of choosing money and her own career over her (former?) friend, such as in this video:

There could have been some sort of an agreement between her and her label not to talk about Dr. Luke or Kesha (Kesha seems to have a similar thing because she always gives very cryptical answers in recent interviews when being asked about her situation in the last years and I think she hasn't even mentioned the name "Dr. Luke" once since her comeback). Katy could have simply  congratulated Kesha after Praying's or Rainbow's release, without mentioning her lawsuit or Dr. Luke, as others did, but I believe she wanted to avoid being questioned about why she didn't say anything earlier.

Anyway, I completely agree and would love a collab between these two!

37 minutes ago, TomTom2288 said:

Yeah, I hope that they talk in private too. There are indeed some signs hinting at Katy being on Kesha's side, as I said, such as Katy liking Kesha's tweets, artists of Katy's label openly supporting Kesha (Ferras, for example) or her singing Praying now. It's just that her silence made room for speculations and Katy was accused of choosing money and her own career over her (former?) friend, such as in this video:

There could have been some sort of an agreement between her and her label not to talk about Dr. Luke or Kesha (Kesha seems to have a similar thing because she always gives very cryptical answers in recent interviews when being asked about her situation in the last years and I think she hasn't even mentioned the name "Dr. Luke" once since her comeback). Katy could have simply  congratulated Kesha after Praying's or Rainbow's release, without mentioning her lawsuit or Dr. Luke, as others did, but I believe she wanted to avoid being questioned about why she didn't say anything earlier.

Anyway, I completely agree and would love a collab between these two!

Definitely! She also stopped working with him. I mean, that would be a no brainer, but people feared that he'd ghost write stuff for her. Witness sounds nothing like Luke, so it seems like she severed all ties with him. I've also noticed that she's remixed Most of her Luke hits for WTT. Might not be too significant, but it seems like she's completely shaking him off.

Those accusations are sad, but unfortunately they have a right to be. I do think that a lot of it was out of her power though. I really can't imagine her staying silent unless it was really serious. I mean, we're talking about the girl that practically axed her career with her voice and stances. 

& Yes, I've noticed that she's been quite cryptic too? They're probably both advised to say nothing about Luke, otherwise they could feed his defamation claims :( but totally! Katy should've acknowledged Rainbow in some way. However, this further makes me think that they talk in private. I'm sure that in a few years, they'll let slip of what's going on between them.

They'd sound brilliant on a bop and a ballad, like the possibilities are endless!! 

1 hour ago, Kuba said:

Definitely! She also stopped working with him. I mean, that would be a no brainer, but people feared that he'd ghost write stuff for her. Witness sounds nothing like Luke, so it seems like she severed all ties with him. I've also noticed that she's remixed Most of her Luke hits for WTT. Might not be too significant, but it seems like she's completely shaking him off.

I agree. Kesha does this too - she often sings different versions of her older songs on tour now (mostly rock versions) and doesn't perform Warrior songs at all anymore because she hates most of it's songs due to her lack of creative control over it.

1 hour ago, Kuba said:

& Yes, I've noticed that she's been quite cryptic too? They're probably both advised to say nothing about Luke, otherwise they could feed his defamation claims :( but totally! Katy should've acknowledged Rainbow in some way. However, this further makes me think that they talk in private.

Yeah, she was asked on the Zach Sang Show about the last years and Dr. Luke and her answers were very empty. She also gets quite emotional while talking about it (she had to cry on Good Morning America when asked about the same thing).

1 hour ago, Kuba said:

I'm sure that in a few years, they'll let slip of what's going on between them.

I NEED a documentary about her lawsuit and the consequences clap1.

It involves Dr. Luke, Kesha, Gaga (she had to testify in court because of relevant text messages she exchanged with Kesha), Katy and if you include the artists who have also spoken out against Dr. Luke after Kesha, then also Kelly Clarkson, P!nk, Becky G, Charli XCX and others.

1 hour ago, Kuba said:

They'd sound brilliant on a bop and a ballad, like the possibilities are endless!! 

I'd love them to collaborate on a pop-rock song. Rock music is one of Kesha's favorite genres, she especially has many unreleased rock songs. Katy used to do pop-rock too on One Of The Boys and also her unreleased stuff with The Matrix (which is amazing). cry9

4 hours ago, TomTom2288 said:

I doubt there is any bad blood at all, maybe not friends anymore, but that happens a lot.

Katy really has potential to deliver some runs oh my god this was great

They both are still friends, Katy said they still hang out sometimes <3

They NEED to collaborate ASAP. Katy Perry feat. Kesha & Bonnie McKee

I would die, all of those were heavily involved with Luke, but an empowering pop-rocker kissing him off or smth like this - DREAM!

48 minutes ago, AGNTEA said:

Katy really has potential to deliver some runs oh my god this was great

They both are still friends, Katy said they still hang out sometimes <3

They NEED to collaborate ASAP. Katy Perry feat. Kesha & Bonnie McKee

I would die, all of those were heavily involved with Luke, but an empowering pop-rocker kissing him off or smth like this - DREAM!

Doesn't Katy hate Bonnie though? I thought they split up jj4

6 minutes ago, TomTom2288 said:

Doesn't Katy hate Bonnie though? I thought they split up jj4

nah there's no hate between them. Katy still likes her stuff on IG, Bonnie received her own shoe design from Katys collection and Bonnie said in a livestream when a fan asked about missing collabs on Witness "I don't know, but she just didn't ask. I can understand it though as we did so much on her other records" or smth like this. And Bonnie loves CTTR!

4 minutes ago, AGNTEA said:

nah there's no hate between them. Katy still likes her stuff on IG, Bonnie received her own shoe design from Katys collection and Bonnie said in a livestream when a fan asked about missing collabs on Witness "I don't know, but she just didn't ask. I can understand it though as we did so much on her other records" or smth like this. And Bonnie loves CTTR!

Oh, ok. Katy's fans on ATRL always say that they can't stand each other, that's why I thought this...

1 minute ago, TomTom2288 said:

Oh, ok. Katy's fans on ATRL always say that they can't stand each other, that's why I thought this...

I don't know where they get this information from kylie2 i understand it seems ppl hate each other as they don't collaborate after a long time or don't interact on social media..but I don't think that's the case with Katy McKeerry cry4

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.