Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

TomTom

Kesha praises Elton John ahead of tribute performance

Kesha says Elton John is 'like a music god'

She was a standout at this year's Grammy Awards, and just two days later, Kesha once again brought the house down during an all-star tribute to Elton John.

The Nashville-raised singer performed John's "Goodbye Yellow Brick Road" in New York City for the televised tribute concert "Elton John: I'm Still Standing – A GRAMMY Salute."

The show, which taped in January, airs at 8 p.m. CT Tuesday, April 10, on CBS.

John — who will embark on a farewell tour later this year — was seated in the front row alongside songwriting partner Bernie Taupin.

"That was insane, having Elton John watch me perform one of his most famous songs," Kesha said backstage. "I’m shaking, that was so exciting."

She said the experience left her at a loss for words, but described John as "a music god."

"Having someone I’ve looked up to since I was a little kid, listening to his records, and studying his melodies like they were the word of God, and then getting to sing one of those songs (for him), it's kind of having me a little bit tongue tied and speechless. I just wanted to do a good job, and I hope I did."

"Elton John: I'm Still Standing – A GRAMMY Salute" also features performances from Alessia Cara, Miley Cyrus, Little Big Town, Lady Gaga, Miranda Lambert, John Legend,  Chris Martin, Shawn Mendes, Maren Morris, Ed Sheeran, Sam Smith and SZA.

https://www.tennessean.com/story/entertainment/music/2018/04/05/kesha-elton-john-still-standing-cbs/491223002/

10 minutes ago, LuranusLur said:

Is there a video for it?

2 hours ago, TomTom2288 said:

The show, which taped in January, airs at 8 p.m. CT Tuesday, April 10, on CBS.

If anybody finds a HQ video, could you please make a thread out of it so I can tweet? xoxoxo katyanna1 

6 minutes ago, Dan said:

ALSO, this sounds so good. FUCK

fuckFUCK

I know cry7

It sounds amazing. The audience singing along, Elton John‘s reaction, the standing ovation, her being so happy at the end cry7

Just now, TomTom2288 said:

I know cry7

It sounds amazing. The audience singing along, Elton John‘s reaction, the standing ovation, her being so happy at the end cry7

I know cry7cry7cry7  It's so amazing :D

52 minutes ago, calethewhalee said:

So why isn’t this featured on the album?! cry0 I want a HQ studio version

I don‘t know :(

They could at least finally upload the performance on YouTube jj4

1 hour ago, Kivo said:

Ahhh you're the best!!! kylie1I'm so excited for this! And on ITV! kr1oprah2yas2

No problem kylie1

This is one of the moments where I wish I lived in the UK jj4

3 hours ago, TomTom2288 said:

No problem kylie1

This is one of the moments where I wish I lived in the UK jj4

kylie1kylie1kylie1

Pahahaha, I always complain about living in the UK but finally something is happening here regarding Kesha after the Learn to Let Go promo bey6

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.