Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

johnny1248

Unpopular opinion: The Dangerous Woman era let me down.

Look, I like Ariana a LOT and I think Dangerous Woman is my personal favorite record in her discography but......the era was absolutely rubbish. The era did start well with DW (single) which was commercially successful and there was quite a bit of promo. But from the moment she released Into You as the 2nd single, it all went downhill. In all seriousness, everybody was saying (including Spotify) that the song was gonna be a HUGE hit and that it had a 99.9% chance of going Top 10. However, Ariana pretty much did nothing with the single and was too busy hunting Pokemons, could have performed the song at the Teen Choice Awards 2016 to give it a push and 2 months later she decided to release Side To Side? I mean really fam? Well, when she performed the song at the VMAs and re-hired Scooter braun back, I got a bit of a glimmer of hope that things were gonna get better but......the worst had yet to come. Ariana was nominated for 3 awards at the MTV Europe Music Awards (EMAs) for Best US Act, Biggest Fans and Best Pop on 6th of November 2016 and Side To Side was gaining momentum on the charts but for some reason Ariana missed the show and ended up saying ''I so wish I were there'' despite her fanbase begging her to attend and winning Best US Act. That was the moment I lost all hope for the DW era and I wanted it to end quickly. She rarely promoted the album, Into You flopped (Okay yeah, it went Top 15 but considering it's potential it wasn't good enough) and missed many award shows for no reason (not to mention the GRAMMYs 2017 despite having a 5 day break). I mean okay she had a tour, but there was no reason for me to get excited for a tour that I wasn't going to attend (I'm from Athens , Greece ffs. We weren't at our best financially). Oh and not to mention she didn't do anything with Everyday. Yeah. 

And yeah, she did go to the AMAs but I already lost all hope for the DW era at that time and it was hard for to get excited. From the moment she appeared on the Pre-Show and while accepting her award for AOTY, instead of being excited, I called her out and savaged her because of the potential she wasted with what could have been a great era (imo). It was the most unbelievable and mental meltdown I ever had as a music fan. Sorry if I come off as a bit harsh but in all honesty, the DW (album) is her best work to date (in my opinion of course) and there was a tremendous amount of potential of what could have been a memorable era and in the end I was let down and in the end I couldn't help but get angry. My goodness, Ariana wasted a what? 

3 minutes ago, ButeraDivine said:

Into You genuinely had the potential to be at no.1 no exaggeration,

i think everything just got a bit messed up bc of the whole Focus thing and changing the name of the album and then Scooter..

Here lies the problem however. Despite not having Scooter, she promoted the living hell out of DW (si gle). But from the moment she released Into You on the Mainstream radio in June, all of a sudden she disappeared. She didn't do anything with that song oitside of posting links. I mean really? That song had tremendous potential to become a huge hit. Hell, even Spotify said it was gonna be one of the most unavoidable hits of Summer 2016 and yet it barely made it to the Top 15 because Ariana was too busy hunting Pokemons. That is embarassing fam.

6 minutes ago, ButeraDivine said:

Although Into You didn't chart as well as it could have, i cant lie, i live in the UK and it was REALLY over-played on radios.

Well, Top 15 isn't a bad position in general but considering it's potential the song had to become a smash hit, it wasn't good enough. Not to mention 2 months later she decided to release Side To Side, seriously who makes those stupid decisions?

11 minutes ago, ButeraDivine said:

Although Into You didn't chart as well as it could have, i cant lie, i live in the UK and it was REALLY over-played on radios.

What still blows my mind about the DW era is the fact that she even missed many award shows for no reason. The biggest example is the 2016 MTV Europe Music Awards (EMAs) where she was nominated for Best US Act, Best Pop and Biggest Fans, Side To Side was gaining momentum on the charts and also Scooter was her manager at that time but despite winning the Best US Act award, she missed the show for no reason and ended up saying "i so wish i were there". Why?

And for anyone thinking ''well i dont care. We saw her on tour'' but why shall I be excited for a tour that I was not gonna attend? I'm from Athens, Greece ffs and we weren't at our best financially. Besides that, many people can't afford to empty their wallets for some tickets to see their fave on tour just because they couldn't come to their country but yet they still wanna get a glimpse of a live performance from their fave. 

Are you sure this an unpopular opinion? jj2 

The entire era was a let down, but the album itself saved it, it is her most creative work to day and each song sounds fresh, even to this date. 

35 minutes ago, Luca said:

The entire era was a let down, but the album itself saved it, it is her most creative work to day and each song sounds fresh, even to this date. 

I said ''unpopular'' cause there are people who loved the era and some even consider it as their fave (believe it or not). I mean okay yes, the album was brilliant and it is imo her best work to date but it doesn't nearly make up for the tremendous amount of missed potential. Into You flopped, Ariana missed many award shows for no reason (especially the EMAs 2016 despite getting 3 nominations and having Scooter and also the GRAMMYs 2017 despite having a 5 day break from tour) and was wasting her time hunting pokemons and posting links on Instagram instead of giving the album the proper promo it deserved. Seriously, the more I listen to the album the more I wanna pull my hair because of the wasted potential the DW era had.

7 minutes ago, johnny1248 said:

I said ''unpopular'' cause there are people who loved the era and some even consider it as their fave (believe it or not). I mean okay yes, the album was brilliant and it is imo her best work to date but it doesn't nearly make up for the tremendous amount of missed potential. Into You flopped, Ariana missed many award shows for no reason (especially the EMAs 2016 despite getting 3 nominations and having Scooter and also the GRAMMYs 2017 despite having a 5 day break from tour) and was wasting her time hunting pokemons and posting links on Instagram instead of giving the album the proper promo it deserved. Seriously, the more I listen to the album the more I wanna pull my hair because of the wasted potential the DW era had.

The tea I just read!

42 minutes ago, Luca said:

I know that i'm talking a lot about the MTV Europe Music Awards but the truth is that it's the biggest music event in Europe alongside the Eurovision and one of the biggest annual award shows. I mean Ariana had 3 nominations in the 2016 MTV EMAs, Side To Side was gaining momentum on the charts, she rehired Scooter back in September and despite winning Best US Act, she missed the show for no reason and Ariana ended up saying ''I so wish I were there''. From that moment on, I lost all hope for the DW era and I wanted it to end as fast as possible. Even to this day, i'm still wondering why on earth did she miss the show. She could have given Side To Side some promo and hell, she could have even performed a medley of Into You and Side To Side. Why did she miss the show tho?

8 minutes ago, Luca said:

The tea I just read!

I've expressed multiple times on Twitter of why I was let down by that era and many Arianators came @ me and called me pressed. I mean blud? What the hell am I supposed to do? Mindlessly praise her or something?

Never mind the fact that Into You is certified 3x Platinum in the US. It still flopped considering the potential it had to go Top 10. Never mind the fact that many people loved her most recent tour. Never mind the fact that me and many people consider the album as her best to date and many critics considered it as one of the best albums of 2016. The tour and the album don't make up for any of the wasted potential for the DW era. And the era SUCKED!!!. 

3 hours ago, johnny1248 said:

Never mind the fact that Into You is certified 3x Platinum in the US. It still flopped considering the potential it had to go Top 10. Never mind the fact that many people loved her most recent tour. Never mind the fact that me and many people consider the album as her best to date and many critics considered it as one of the best albums of 2016. The tour and the album don't make up for any of the wasted potential for the DW era. And the era SUCKED!!!. 

None of us can lie Into You could have been iconic and could have got no.1
i keep on saying it, but it should have been the lead single,

like you said this era had potential, but it's still my favourite?
Personally for me, the tour and the album made up for it

16 minutes ago, ButeraDivine said:

None of us can lie Into You could have been iconic and could have got no.1
i keep on saying it, but it should have been the lead single,

like you said this era had potential, but it's still my favourite?
Personally for me, the tour and the album made up for it

Okay that's cool. I'm not saying that ''that this thing sucks and its a fact'' or whatever. If it's your favorite then cool fair enough. I'm not gonna question you for that because an opinion is subjective. That's why I put the word ''opinion'' in the title of this thread :P

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.