Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

StrippedX

Back To Basics - why do certain stans call it a flop?

Some people on here refer to B2B as a mediocre or dissapointing era?

Tell me - why? kylie2

Here's a few reasons why it is in fact NOT a flop:

- It debuted at #1 in the US with first week sales of over 346,000 copies

- It debuted at #1 in over fifteen countries

- The album spent 46 weeks on Billboard

- Lead single "Ain't No Other Man" reached #6 in the US and has become one of her SIGNATURE songs

- "Candyman" and "Hurt" also has become two of her biggest hits and are recognized by pretty much everybody

- The album has sold over 5 million copies (numbers from 2013)

- "Ain't No Other Man" recieved a Grammy and the album was nominated

- Positive reviews from critics

Did it sell as much as Stripped or ha debut? No. But it's still a VERY successful era.

oprah14

i think it got most of it to do with the image

she was this rebellious raunchy popstar with Stripped

and then she adopted a classy look, throwback sound and not so in your face lyrics 

i can see why some stans can't relate as much as they did to Stripped or her debut

- double disc album that was EXPENSIVE

- successful tour

- started receiving acclaim as the vocal legend that she is

Her media presence declined obviously due to her not being as raunchy with Stripped, but it's still a successful era lol.

I grew up durung these releases and literally the only thing I remember of Xtina now was Genie in a Bottle and Stripped. If it wasn't for stan culture I wouldnt know what B2B, Bionic or Lotus was. Most of the GP would agree. It's very forgettable next to an iconic era like Stripped.

35 minutes ago, Strigoi said:

I grew up durung these releases and literally the only thing I remember of Xtina now was Genie in a Bottle and Stripped. If it wasn't for stan culture I wouldnt know what B2B, Bionic or Lotus was. Most of the GP would agree. It's very forgettable next to an iconic era like Stripped.

Candyman, Hurt and ANOM though oprah13 

The singles were all big worldwide, even if they might have underperformed a bit in the US. ANOM went top 10 in almost every single country and had a lot of longevity. “Hurt” was like her biggest ballad in Europe, and “Candyman” was a huge hit in many markets too. 

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.