Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Mariah's 19 #1s

Whose peak was bigger, Mariah's or Madonnas?

Whose peak was bigger?  

32 members have voted

1. 1. Who's peak was bigger?

• Madonna
    • Mariah Carey

1 hour ago, LittleDudeNT5 said:

Even though Mariah had a steady, unaffected success throughout the decade of the 90s, I feel Madonna was absolutely massive between 1984 – 1991. She was a phenomenon. I think her peak was just a bigger cultural impact. 

The 'feel' of a cultural impact can't be measured - so we can only go by chart success and sales, and Mariah wins. Facts are facts. 

11 hours ago, LittleDudeNT5 said:

Well yeah, numbers-wise she wins

Uhh no? um1 Madonna is the best selling female artist with over 300m sales WW. Mariah is far behind. She‘s somewhere at #4 or #5 actually.

2 hours ago, Sailor Mars said:

Uhh no? um1 Madonna is the best selling female artist with over 300m sales WW. Mariah is far behind. She‘s somewhere at #4 or #5 actually.

She is #3 honey. Let that sink in. aretha1

5 hours ago, Jjang said:

Madonna’s 1984-1990 albums stand at 100m+ of sales, oop! Also more #1 WW singles and millions more people audience wise. We love a winner.

Yes we love winners. And Mariah's career truly is the career of a winner. Madonna stans will deal with the fact that their fave is not the only woman with success and impact.

bey2

1 minute ago, ICEQueen said:

Always behind  Madonna. Let THAT sink in. nat1

After you let sink in the fact that Mariah is a global legend with more than 225M records sold, one the most acclaimed and impactful vocalists of all time. aretha1

20 minutes ago, light741 said:

After you let sink in the fact that Mariah is a global legend with more than 225M records sold, one the most acclaimed and impactful vocalists of all time. aretha1

Global? Hmmm maybe and as for being a legend, yes I agree with you. I never came for mimi, I'm not bothered by her or her success cause I know I stan for the Queen of pop. The troll that opened this embarrassing thread is beyond bother tho, I wonder  why? nat1

3 minutes ago, ICEQueen said:

Global? Hmmm maybe and as for being a legend, yes I agree with you. I never came for mimi, I'm not bothered by her or her success cause I know I stan for the Queen of pop. The troll that opened this embarrassing thread is beyond bother tho, I wonder  why? nat1

Yes global. You say that but in many threads even in some where Mariah is not involved. You seem to move fast into attacking mode towards her. kylie2

Madonna was never the #1 artist of any decade. There's always people more popular than her. MJ in the 80s, many many in the 90s, and a lot in the 2000s. She had the consistency and that's something to be proud of I'd say.

7 hours ago, Sailor Mars said:

Idk I didn't feel like arguing about it. Everyone has different numbers it seems so whatever. 

4 hours ago, LittleDudeNT5 said:

Idk I didn't feel like arguing about it. Everyone has different numbers it seems so whatever. 

Except, they don’t? Every list has Madonna listed at the top. dead4 

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.