Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Mariah's 19 #1s

Whose peak was bigger, Mariah's or Madonnas?

Whose peak was bigger?  

32 members have voted

1. 1. Who's peak was bigger?

• Madonna
    • Mariah Carey

i'm so sorry mariah's aiwfciy is bigger than any madonna song ever i'm literally so sorry, i'm so sorry when madonna dies the most streamed song out of her catalogue throughout that whole year won't get as many streams as aiwfciy in the december month of that year i'm literally so sorry about that

12 minutes ago, Anna Wintour said:

mariah fans are hot people in their teens/20's deal with it, the same type of people who stream aiwfciy and give her a guranteed smash popular hit each year sweetie, it also got hundreds of millions of youtube views just in the december month of 2017 alone sweetie deal with that i'm so sorry

I don't have to deal with lies created by your imagination

And she gets million of views ONLY in December

kris-jenner-drinking.jpg?fit=crop&w=680

7 minutes ago, Regina Phalange said:

I don't have to deal with lies created by your imagination

And she gets million of views ONLY in December

She only needs december because the views are that much sweetie

but #beautiful her last lead is certified x2 platinum so 

10 minutes ago, Anna Wintour said:

She only needs december because the views are that much sweetie

but #beautiful her last lead is certified x2 platinum so 

that happened years ago, she hasn't managed to sold more than 150,000 copies with a release after that

57 minutes ago, Anna Wintour said:

over 150k copies were sold with sps of aiwfciy in 2017 though 

receipts? cause #9 in billboard doesnt need that many sales anymore wendy4 You can hit #1 with only 70k sales wendy4

Mariah is well behind Madonna 

Im not sure how exactly with sales in the States but Madonna had at least 5 huge eras where Mariah had 3 tops and considering her last few “tries” she is 

• forgotten 

• irrelevant 

you name it

Madonna outsold Mariah according to Wikipedia US only 

Rebel Heart in 2015 238k vs Me I am Mariah in 2014 122k

MDNA in 2012 539k vs Memoirs.. in 2009 549k

Hard Candy in 2008 751k vs E=mc2 in 2008 1289k

Mariah beats Madonna with album MIMI in 2005 vs COADF but album feels very local considering over 60% of total sales comes from the States 

2 minutes ago, Woof3r said:

Im not sure how exactly with sales in the States but Madonna had at least 5 huge eras where Mariah had 3 tops and considering her last few “tries” she is 

• forgotten 

• irrelevant 

you name it

Mariah beats Madonna with album MIMI in 2005 vs COADF but album feels very local considering over 60% of total sales comes from the States 

Mariah Carey

Music Box

Daydream

Butterfly

The Emancipation of Mimi

That's 5 big eras for Mariah. 

6 minutes ago, Agugaga said:

Mariah Carey

Music Box

Daydream

Butterfly

The Emancipation of Mimi

That's 5 big eras for Mariah. 

Going backwards 

Hard Candy maybe

Confessions on the Dancefloor

American Life with very cohesive music

Music

Ray Of Light

Bedtime Stories

Erotica

Like a prayer

True Blue 

Like a virgin 

7 hours ago, Regina Phalange said:

She also breaks negative records each year for biggest drop out of Hot 100 charts oprah14

Because madonna didn't have big drops with mdna and rh?. aretha1 Today none of them are currently slaying the charts. So it is pointless to fight over that.

3 hours ago, Woof3r said:

• forgotten 

• irrelevant 

you name it

Based on charts success of this decade. Madonna is anything but a comercial force today. So if being forgotten and irrelevant has to do with having no current hit. Then Madonna is in that position too. But legends can't be forgotten or irrelevant. So both are safe.

Mariah has big eras too. Mariah Carey, Butterfly, Merry Christmas, Daydream, #1, Music Box. TEOM sold well. It achieved gold, platinum and multi platinum in many of the big markes outside the us such as Canada, Australia, UK, France, Germany, Japan.

23 minutes ago, light741 said:

Because madonna didn't have big drops with mdna and rh?. aretha1 Today none of them are currently slaying the charts. So it is pointless to fight over that.

Madonna is still selling more albums and tour tickets WW than Mariah and she started her career almost 10 before Mimi.   julia1

29 minutes ago, ICEQueen said:

Madonna is still selling more albums and tour tickets WW than Mariah and she started her career almost 10 before Mimi.   julia1

Good for her. That was not my point though. julia1

5 hours ago, light741 said:

Good for her. That was not my point though. julia1

You have no point at all. Just like the delusional stan that made this thread.  When it comes to Madonna Mariah is not a match, sorry. They are not even in the same lane.  Bigger peak? Bish please stop embarrassing yourself and mariah like that.  

7 hours ago, light741 said:

Madonna's drop was out of top 10, Mariahs was out from top 100 in a week jj4

23 minutes ago, HninSi said:

Everyone growing up in the 80s 90s know Mariah had a bigger and longer peak than madonna. 

Well most people who grew up there, they are saying they grew up at the era of MJ and Madonna or Prince, so...

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.