Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Venus XCX

Venom

2 minutes ago, ParentalAdvisory said:

i love talent on screen

my avi dont lie cry6 talent winning on may 10 2018

poor avengers shook

poor spiderman shook

poor academy awards shook

It's October 5th sis fall7 I can't wait that long alex1 Daddy playing my favourite Spiderman villain omg its all too much cry1 

I think it was pretty good. I am a "comics guy", and while some will surely be bothered by the omission of Spidey and the characterisation of Eddie Brock, I'm actually perfectly fine with it. The "Bizarro/doppelganger/he or she can do anything I can do better" type villain has never been a favourite of mine, and I always preferred Venom as a solo anti-hero, so I found this movie's version of the story easy to accept. I've noticed that despite the mostly negative reviews, people seem to be singling out Tom Hardy's performances/Brock and Venom's relationship for praise, and to me this seems odd - if you think the lead of the film was awesome in it, then that should at least make the movie OK on the whole. And yes, I completely agree on that praise, he's great as both aloof Brock and more sinister, sardonic Venom symbiote. I love the idea that Venom is kind of a loser on Klyntar, and so chooses to stay on Earth mainly because he's actually remarkable there. Some have said this film is very early 2000s in its execution, and I can definitely see what they mean, but I don't think that's necessarily a bad thing.

The She-Venom nod was cool, but I was glad they didn't waste too many symbiote characters in this. Initial reports mentioned Scream, Toxin and Phage all being in the movie, and fortunately none of them were. I don't see how they could do all of them justice in one movie, especially Toxin. That was some mop on Woody Harrelson rip4 He's a great actor though, so if they do a sequel I'd love to see his version of Carnage.

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.