Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

VaginasAreDisgusting!

Reddit Drags Gaga For Filth

I like Gaga and think she is a dope performer and she has some classic hits but I’m not a superfan or anything. I stumbled upon her documentary on Netflix and as someone who doesn’t really know much about her after her peak in 2010-2012, I thought it would be great to catch up to her current career.

I watched it with my parents who aren’t superfans but they know who she is and know some of her songs. The cringe through out the documentary was strong. All of the crying scenes felt like a bore and a pity party after a while. The scene where she walks into a store and destroys one of the shelfs and acts rude to staff kind of sealed the deal about her being entitled and rude. The way she casually talks and brags about being on drugs also didn’t sit well. After watching the whole thing, if my parents were neutral before it they walked away feeling negative about her.

I know that she is a great performer and one of the biggest talents in the music industry. But for god’s sake, that documentary is really cringeworthy and painful to watch from beginning to end. It doesn’t have a coherent theme and Gaga can’t form a single coherent thought whenever she talks as if she’s high 24/7. I’m just thinking, out of all the possibilities they had to make this documentary great this is all they could come up with?

I was looking forward to get some insight about her as a person, as a musician and how her career has developed through the years but none of that was shown in the documentary. It’s like all the editing that was done, was done in such a way that it paints her and her music in a negative light.

Am I the only one who feel like this? Be kind with me Gaga fans, these are just my opinions and you don’t have to agree with them.

I found it really cringey. Which I expected, but still. It confirmed some unfortunate things I’d previously noticed about the way she interacts with people and the way she expects them to interact with her, so yeah, it definitely had a negative impact on my view of her as a person.

The part where she sobs while playing the song about the dead aunt she never knew to her grandmother, and her grandmother just sits through it uncomfortable and bemused and basically has to tell Gaga to get over it...yeesh.

The few things that really stood out with me in the documentary is that she's surrounded by yes-men and her team seemed really on edge a majority of the time. Like you can watch Taylor, Katy and Beyoncé who all have these BTS videos, and you can see the difference with their team of assistants, make up artists, dancers etc... having a genuinely awesome time. There are very few interactions with her team that feels like anything more than an employer/employee relationship. I get that she's paying them, but still...

And I remember there was this leaked transcript of her time in court when her former assistant was suing her? It was posted here before and I remember it not shining a great light on her either. She said stuff like it's a privilege to work for her because her assistant got to party with other celebrities etc... The lawsuit had something to do with pay and overtime. She even called her assistant ungrateful and a few other names.

Look, my uncle went missing in the mid-90s. I never knew him, I know he held me as a baby, my dad spent thousands of dollars that he did not have on private detectives trying to find him, nada. We thought he might return when my granny died, so when it was her funeral we kept looking out for him for 3 days, and it really affected my dad because he didn't just bury his mother, he also finally buried his little brother.

If I ever made an album that centered on my uncle's disappearance and acted as if it was my tragedy - the thought honestly makes me so upset and angry. I cannot imagine doing something so self-centered.

It’s narcissistic. You just don’t treat an event like that as an art piece to bolster a self-acclaimed “genuine portrait” of your experience when 1) it wasn’t you experiencing the tragedy and 2) you’ve never even met the person that went through the said tragedy. It takes away from the people who actually experienced its reality.

I read that thread and felt so many different emotions. I never watched the documentary but reading the part about her grandmother having to tell her to shut up really says it all

5 minutes ago, LG G6 said:

I like Gaga and think she is a dope performer and she has some classic hits but I’m not a superfan or anything. I stumbled upon her documentary on Netflix and as someone who doesn’t really know much about her after her peak in 2010-2012, I thought it would be great to catch up to her current career.

I watched it with my parents who aren’t superfans but they know who she is and know some of her songs. The cringe through out the documentary was strong. All of the crying scenes felt like a bore and a pity party after a while. The scene where she walks into a store and destroys one of the shelfs and acts rude to staff kind of sealed the deal about her being entitled and rude. The way she casually talks and brags about being on drugs also didn’t sit well. After watching the whole thing, if my parents were neutral before it they walked away feeling negative about her.

I know that she is a great performer and one of the biggest talents in the music industry. But for god’s sake, that documentary is really cringeworthy and painful to watch from beginning to end. It doesn’t have a coherent theme and Gaga can’t form a single coherent thought whenever she talks as if she’s high 24/7. I’m just thinking, out of all the possibilities they had to make this documentary great this is all they could come up with?

I was looking forward to get some insight about her as a person, as a musician and how her career has developed through the years but none of that was shown in the documentary. It’s like all the editing that was done, was done in such a way that it paints her and her music in a negative light.

Am I the only one who feel like this? Be kind with me Gaga fans, these are just my opinions and you don’t have to agree with them.

I kinda agree...that documentary felt like a 2 hour ride to a funeral. I was very disappointed in the shift in tone she's been emoting in recent years. Like what happened to the superstar Gaga. Even the scenes that show her house...like she's so basic and boring in real life. Why doesn't her house have art or anything? She just came off so basic to me and nothing extraordinary. Although that performance of BR was awesome. oprah14 

11 minutes ago, Jake said:

I read that thread and felt so many different emotions. I never watched the documentary but reading the part about her grandmother having to tell her to shut up really says it all

Is there a clip of that anywhere? I didn't have time to watch that documentary and after these reviews, I don't think I ever want to. brit5

When I found out Joanne was about her dead aunt she'd never met, and she's bringing it up now to her dad and her granny...wow. All it showed me was that she lacks all empathy and the only person who matters to her is herself.

lmfao1 

2 hours ago, Jake said:

what

He9vm3Q.gif

jSSMmCk.gif

xH1YVxW.gif

Ybe8dY3.gif

aSIC21A.gif

Yeah I was disappointed with it.

We waited so long for a Gaga documentary and I found Five Foot Two a bit depressing. It painted her to be always in pain, always lonely, always misunderstood, always depressed.

I work in music management and the overriding feeling I had was that it would be a NIGHTMARE to work for her and she seems really difficult to please.

Ehh, I wouldn't take it too seriously. That's popheads, I used to lurk there and would always see people shading/dragging Gaga, even in topics that had nothing to do with her. Anyone who actually watched it would know that a lot of this is fabricated and exaggerated too, like the part with her grandmother for example. She basically just warned her not to get too sucked into it, which is completely understandable. The song clearly meant a lot to her father, who eventually had to leave the room iirc. I watched the documentary with my family and we had no issues with the film or the way that she was portrayed in it. Same with one of my coworkers.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.