Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

WinnieIsFree

will Ari ever get a no.1.

“No promo left to buy” has debuted at no.3, which would be pretty good.

if we took away the fact that it was discounted on the first day of release, had a Apple Music banner, a Spotify banner, and was on many of the most listened Spotify playlists. It was also her return to the music scene, and was very hyped. 

Why no number one debut, it was set up to go straight to number one. Is Ari not really a main pop girl? She’s better than someone like Christina obviously, but why can’t she score a number one. 

Will it ever happen, did she trade her chances at a number one for the longevity she is destined to have? 

Dosqus 

All the damn time, she’s blocked by some rapper or male artist in general. It’s a damn shame tbh, but who cares, sis debuted in so many countries at #1 already. She still has time to get that in the US, its still too early to say 

realistically no, because the brainless GP would rather spend their time listening to mindless unintelligible garbage from whichever Soundcloud mumble rapper with colored dreads, face tattoos, and other various signs of homelessness is trendy this week oprah14

She should’ve performed it to be honest. She literally only performed it at Coachella  and to be honest her team fails at promoting most things. A few performances would’ve helped her significantly and it isn’t really a radio friendly song. Her team makes the mistakes of overlooking great songs to be single. Ala greedy which screams summer smash but they picked a song like everyday to be a single. There are so many other contributating factors but i won’t discuss any further.

Eventually. She always somehow releases in traffic and gets caught up. Any other week with the stats she had would've been a surefire #1 debut. I can get over the "no promo" part since the song wasn't even slated to be released until three days ago until Post suddenly dropped his album date. It was obvious they'd push it up in order to get the best effect. If she can hold out the onslaught and the song connects to the GP, I do think she can snag a week or two in when God's Plan + Nice For What die down.

58 minutes ago, Scandalous Matt said:

realistically no, because the brainless GP would rather spend their time listening to mindless unintelligible garbage from whichever Soundcloud mumble rapper with colored dreads, face tattoos, and other various signs of homelessness is trendy this week oprah14

It’s not that she’s “blocked,” it’s that she was never that big and never will be. It’s time to accept it. She only had one song that MIGHT have gone to #1 for like 1 week had that other iggy song not existed, but that’s it oprah14 

But if you look at the worldwide receipts, Ari hasn’t gone to #1 with any song in any country. I think “Problem” went to #1 in like 2 countries and that was it . She’s NOT on the same level of Katy and Gaga and she’s less successful than Miley too. nat2 

27 minutes ago, Saint. said:

She should’ve performed it to be honest. She literally only performed it at Coachella  and to be honest her team fails at promoting most things. A few performances would’ve helped her significantly and it isn’t really a radio friendly song. Her team makes the mistakes of overlooking great songs to be single. Ala greedy which screams summer smash but they picked a song like everyday to be a single. There are so many other contributating factors but i won’t discuss any further.

Karma. She’s a bitch. Maybe if you were respectful and stopped coming for more successful legends, the cards will work in your favor one day. Until then, keep it cute. Like urs faves career. oprah14 

12 minutes ago, Agugaga said:

Karma. She’s a bitch. Maybe if you were respectful and stopped coming for more successful legends, the cards will work in your favor one day. Until then, keep it cute. Like urs faves career. oprah14 

Girl bye I don’t stan for charts lmfao1 and no I call it like I see it. Christina is shit and Ariana’s team doesn’t push her accordingly. Unlike you deluded stans I can accept and embrace my fave for her flaws when someone talks about your fave you get upset and in your feelings. Now you keep it cute or put that shit on mute and continue to wait for liberation or whatever that bitch called it. Let’s hope it isn’t another 10 years. Goodbye Felicia 

19 minutes ago, Agugaga said:

It’s not that she’s “blocked,” it’s that she was never that big and never will be. It’s time to accept it. She only had one song that MIGHT have gone to #1 for like 1 week had that other iggy song not existed, but that’s it oprah14 

But if you look at the worldwide receipts, Ari hasn’t gone to #1 with any song in any country. I think “Problem” went to #1 in like 2 countries and that was it . She’s NOT on the same level of Katy and Gaga and she’s less successful than Miley too. nat2 

No tears left to cry went to number one in multiple countries and so did problem and she’s a big force outside of the us. She is very global let’s not be delusional do your research honey and speak facts and not your opinions. 

28 minutes ago, Agugaga said:

It’s not that she’s “blocked,” it’s that she was never that big and never will be. It’s time to accept it.

You're just spouting bullshit out at this point which is kind of sad on your part. How was she not blocked? She had over 400 points on the H100, had Drake not been there with his monster streaming power, Ariana would have very easily gone number one without a doubt. Especially since she sold over 300k, 100k of them being pure sales. She also has the most purchased female collab (Problem) and most streamed female collab (Side To Side). She is the only artist to have every lead single debut in the top ten. She has over nine top ten hits, five of which being top five. Her last tour grossed nearly 80million, just behind huge rock bands, Ed Sheeran, Gaga and Bruno Mars. How is an artist that was "never big" and "never will be" moving so many units in 2018? Because she is a big name in the industry, clearly not THE biggest but literally no Ariana stan will claim this, and it's time for YOU to accept this.

28 minutes ago, Agugaga said:

But if you look at the worldwide receipts, Ari hasn’t gone to #1 with any song and any country. I think “Problem” went to #1 in like 2 countries and that was it . She’s NOT on the same level of Katy and Gaga and she’s less successful than Miley too. nat2 

No one claimed she was on the same level as Katy and Gaga you weirdo. Miley only has one number one to her name and that's because she swung on a wrecking ball naked and dry humped Robin Thicke at the VMA's. She got it through controversy and lost all of her momentum weeks after and the GP grew tired of her after one season, hence why Younger Now debuted at #5 and all of its singles flopped to hell and back.

Problem went #1 in seven countries btw, two of which are the UK and South Korea. No Tears has also reached number one in a few countries as well, one of which is Australia, her first number one there.

I know you feel threatened because Ariana has seen so much success in the 6 years Christina has been twirling in a red chair and eating Oreos, but it's not cute to let that jealousy show so much. xx

10 minutes ago, Hannah said:

You're just spouting bullshit out at this point which is kind of sad on your part. How was she not blocked? She had over 400 points on the H100, had Drake not been there with his monster streaming power, Ariana would have very easily gone number one without a doubt. Especially since she sold over 300k, 100k of them being pure sales. She also has the most purchased female collab (Problem) and most streamed female collab (Side To Side). She is the only artist to have every lead single debut in the top ten. She has over nine top ten hits, five of which being top five. Her last tour grossed nearly 80million, just behind huge rock bands, Ed Sheeran, Gaga and Bruno Mars. How is an artist that was "never big" and "never will be" moving so many units in 2018? Because she is a big name in the industry, clearly not THE biggest but literally no Ariana stan will claim this, and it's time for YOU to accept this.

No one claimed she was on the same level as Katy and Gaga you weirdo. Miley only has one number one to her name and that's because she swung on a wrecking ball naked and dry humped Robin Thicke at the VMA's. She got it through controversy and lost all of her momentum weeks after and the GP grew tired of her after one season, hence why Younger Now debuted at #5 and all of its singles flopped to hell and back.

Problem went #1 in seven countries btw, two of which are the UK and South Korea. No Tears has also reached number one in a few countries as well, one of which is Australia, her first number one there.

I know you feel threatened because Ariana has seen so much success in the 6 years Christina has been twirling in a red chair and eating Oreos, but it's not cute to let that jealousy show so much. xx

Screaming. This is a fucking drag. dead2 Xtinction fans truly are a special kind of.. people.

2 hours ago, WinnieThePooh said:

“No promo left to buy” has debuted at no.3, which would be pretty good.

if we took away the fact that it was discounted on the first day of release, had a Apple Music banner, a Spotify banner, and was on many of the most listened Spotify playlists. It was also her return to the music scene, and was very hyped. 

Why no number one debut, it was set up to go straight to number one. Is Ari not really a main pop girl? She’s better than someone like Christina obviously, but why can’t she score a number one. 

Will it ever happen, did she trade her chances at a number one for the longevity she is destined to have? 

Dosqus 

Who cares

35 minutes ago, Hannah said:

Exactly she’s so delusional it’s ridiculious and clearly trying to throw shots at Ariana all cause I dragged her fatass fave. It’s one thing to be upset but to ignore facts and continue to be delusional.

2 hours ago, Jake said:

Eventually. She always somehow releases in traffic and gets caught up. Any other week with the stats she had would've been a surefire #1 debut. I can get over the "no promo" part since the song wasn't even slated to be released until three days ago until Post suddenly dropped his album date. It was obvious they'd push it up in order to get the best effect. If she can hold out the onslaught and the song connects to the GP, I do think she can snag a week or two in when God's Plan + Nice For What die down.

I wish that could happen but I really doubt it. Drake has a lot of organic streams jj3 Ariana even with massive payola still snatched only #3. If NTLTC doesn’t resonate with the GP she can only dream about #1

9 minutes ago, Urbanov said:

I wish that could happen but I really doubt it. Drake has a lot of organic streams jj3 Ariana even with massive payola still snatched only #3. If NTLTC doesn’t resonate with the GP she can only dream about #1

Yeah exactly. But with the huge radio updates even after the rolling effect, I think it is connecting. Time will tell.

her release was literally pushed up an entire week, so she literally had no promo spots because it was so last minute. the banners and discount were to offset that, and even those would have usually been there anyway, so lets stop overblowing the amount of promo she supposedly had lj1

she may have debuted at 3, but she still did nearly 350k sps lj1 drake is just massive and so is hip hop lj1

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.