Sign in to follow this  

Kim Petras tries to apologize for her comments about Kesha

TomTom2288    5,902

You also have spoken about your love for Dr. Luke, even though many other musicians have cut ties with him in light of Kesha accusing him of sexual assault. Where’s your head at with that?
It’s ongoing litigation and I don’t want to involve myself. I respect both of them a lot. My experience [with him] has been very positive. That doesn’t mean that Kesha’s experience was positive but I’d like to stay out of it and just let the case do its thing.

You recently told NME, “I would like my fans to know that I wouldn’t work with somebody I believe to be an abuser of women, definitely not,” which some people have interpreted as you calling Kesha a liar.
That was just me saying I haven’t experienced any of it. That doesn’t mean she hasn’t, but I want to let their case speak for itself. Honestly, it’s not my place to say anything.

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/kim-petras-transgender-pop-star_us_5aeb48c9e4b0c4f193202f61?1cv

Honey    10,897

Well I will say that was well put on her part! Still not sure how I feel about her “stance” but I’m glad she was able to approach it with class.

Kuba    10,903

"I wouldn’t work with somebody I believe to be an abuser of women" CLEARLY means that she doesn't think Luke is an abuser of women. It has nothing to do with her own personal experience, but dismissing Kesha's experience rip4

This whole apology is so vague and wishy-washy. It really looks like she's trying to shift the blame rather than own up to her words.  ari1

TomTom2288    5,902
9 minutes ago, Kuba said:

"I wouldn’t work with somebody I believe to be an abuser of women" CLEARLY means that she doesn't think Luke is an abuser of women. It has nothing to do with her own personal experience, but dismissing Kesha's experience rip4

This whole apology is so vague and wishy-washy. It really looks like she's trying to shift the blame rather than own up to her words.  ari1

Of course she doesn't mean a single word of what she just said. One of the people around her just whispered "backlash" in her ear and forced her to kind of apologize. You don't go from saying the sentence you just posted without being asked about the topic at all to "I'm sorry" in five minutes. Not to forget that this was not first time she praised Dr. Luke, but at least the second or third time. She just wanted to see how far she can go.

P.E.T.E.R.    7,448

I mean alot of us base our feelings on people based on our own experiences with them.  If Kim didn't have issues working with Dr Luke why would she remark bad things about him?  I mean different people experience things in different ways.  I do believe Kesha.  I think she was abused and Dr Luke is trash but I guess Kim Petras experience with Dr Luke was different.  Who knows

Dan    11,323

That was not a fucking apology wendy4 

Either stand by your comments or give a real apology, this meant nothing wendy4 

TomTom2288    5,902
5 hours ago, Dan said:

That was not a fucking apology wendy4 

Either stand by your comments or give a real apology, this meant nothing wendy4 

That‘s why I wrote "tries"

Dan    11,323
4 hours ago, TomTom2288 said:

That‘s why I wrote "tries"

Someone needs to "try" harder wendy4 

TomTom2288    5,902
17 minutes ago, Dan said:

Someone needs to "try" harder wendy4 

Well, we all know that she doesn‘t really want to apologize and actually supports Dr. Luke completely