Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

POPBOIY

Popyonce or Rn B-yonce ?

Who outsold, who slayed, who shook the GP? oprah11 Did Southern belle pop Suga mama 2000's Beyonce win you over or did Her Edgy , feminist sister  2010's snatch you with the quality? oprah11

R&B bc of Rocket, Love Drought, Suga Mama, Dance For You, Yes, Me Myself & I, etc.

Her poppy songs are cute but nah they can't compete with the r&b girls. 

2 minutes ago, H.O.N.E.Y said:

Pop tbh. I Am Sasha Fierce is my fav album of hers. aretha1

And its funny how most Honey bees dont like IASF. If you asked me, I feel like that really solidifed her as a Pop Girl. B'day and DIL both were a success but showed the RnB girl who had attention not the Multi-faceted pop girl who had POC & GP support oprah11

1 minute ago, Barbie said:

R&B bc of Rocket, Love Drought, Suga Mama, Dance For You, Yes, Me Myself & I, etc.

Quality wins oprah11

I prefer the pop, just because that's what I love. But I'm here for both, because she does both so well yas1 

2 minutes ago, Barbie said:

Single Ladies put her on another level and will be the only song that will stand the test of time imo. aretha1

Just now, H.O.N.E.Y said:

Single Ladies put her on another level and will be the only song that will stand the test of time imo. aretha1

Oh yes I totally agree and so did Halo BUT the hive knows what's up when it comes to her r&b songs. The GP just loves her pop songs a lot. rip4 

2 minutes ago, Tomás said:

R&Beyoncé is THAT girl

Elaborate, ST slayed me , NSI but 4 didnt but it still proved something to her in which I'll elaborate on later oprah11

Spoiler

NSI : No shade intended 

5 minutes ago, POPBOIY said:

Elaborate, ST slayed me , NSI but 4 didnt but it still proved something to her in which I'll elaborate on later oprah11

Reveal hidden contents

I'm a DIL and B'day stan moo1 

23 hours ago, POPBOIY said:

Reveal hidden contents

4 is extremely underrated cry9 has so many gems on it: I Miss You, I Care, Start Over, End Of Time, Schoolin Life, Dance For You.... ugh cry9

On 08/05/2018 at 4:14 AM, Royale said:

No Angel contains R&B elements, so that alone makes me go for R&B Bey.

but was written by an artpop/synthpop chanteuse Caroline Polachek jj2

1 minute ago, POPBOIY said:

Truly lives for the applause.mp3 oprah11

even on her wiki page in the first sentence it's mentioned that she is known for writing for Beyonce jj5

45 minutes ago, Urbanov said:

4 is extremely underrated cry9 has so many gems on it: I Miss You, I Care, Start Over, End Of Time, Schoolin Life, Dance For You.... ugh cry9

SONGS cry9

On 5/7/2018 at 9:10 PM, POPBOIY said:

And its funny how most Honey bees dont like IASF. If you asked me, I feel like that really solidifed her as a Pop Girl. B'day and DIL both were a success but showed the RnB girl who had attention not the Multi-faceted pop girl who had POC & GP support oprah11

It solidified her as an icon but she was already a big pop girl lol, the record sales and international awards indicate that. She already had multi-format support. Crazy In Love, Naughty Girl, Irreplaceable and Beautiful Liar are all pop songs or some variation of it. Not to mention Check On It and her original talent show staple ballad Listen. I Am... era is bigger singles-wise because it greatly benefited from being released when digital started peaking. The only reason I think so many hive (and other stans) try to shade it is because of what came after. It was the last album before she became a music critical darling. I see it with artists' fanbases all the time, especially when new fans come into the fold and the base gets a bit divided between longtime fans and "non-pop" fans. IASF was well loved in it's time, even with it's flaws. No one will argue that it's one of the most iconic pop girl eras of all time.

I divide her up into 4 categories.

Pop/R&B songs: Pretty Hurts, Single Ladies, Countdown, Baby Boy, Halo, etc.

Soul/Funk songs: 1+1, Work It Out, Rocket, Suga Mama, Deja Vu, etc.

Rap/Hip-Hop songs: Drunk In Love, Upgrade U, Formation, 7/11 etc.

Misc. styles (meaning she dabbles or has dabbled in these but not as much as the aforementioned genres): Radio (Electro), Runnin' (Drum & Bass), Don't Hurt Yourself (Rock), Fever (Jazz), Haunted (Dance), etc.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.