Jump to content

Popyonce or Rn B-yonce ?

Recommended Posts

POPBOIY    406

Who outsold, who slayed, who shook the GP? oprah11 Did Southern belle pop Suga mama 2000's Beyonce win you over or did Her Edgy , feminist sister  2010's snatch you with the quality? oprah11

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
H.O.N.E.Y    11,156

Pop tbh. I Am Sasha Fierce is my fav album of hers. aretha1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Maraj    66,585

R&B bc of Rocket, Love Drought, Suga Mama, Dance For You, Yes, Me Myself & I, etc.

Her poppy songs are cute but nah they can't compete with the r&b girls. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
POPBOIY    406
2 minutes ago, H.O.N.E.Y said:

Pop tbh. I Am Sasha Fierce is my fav album of hers. aretha1

And its funny how most Honey bees dont like IASF. If you asked me, I feel like that really solidifed her as a Pop Girl. B'day and DIL both were a success but showed the RnB girl who had attention not the Multi-faceted pop girl who had POC & GP support oprah11

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
POPBOIY    406
1 minute ago, Barbie said:

R&B bc of Rocket, Love Drought, Suga Mama, Dance For You, Yes, Me Myself & I, etc.

Her poppy songs are cute but nah they can't compete with the r&b girls. 

Quality wins oprah11

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dan    14,566

I prefer the pop, just because that's what I love. But I'm here for both, because she does both so well yas1 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
H.O.N.E.Y    11,156
2 minutes ago, Barbie said:

R&B bc of Rocket, Love Drought, Suga Mama, Dance For You, Yes, Me Myself & I, etc.

Her poppy songs are cute but nah they can't compete with the r&b girls. 

Single Ladies put her on another level and will be the only song that will stand the test of time imo. aretha1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Maraj    66,585
Just now, H.O.N.E.Y said:

Single Ladies put her on another level and will be the only song that will stand the test of time imo. aretha1

Oh yes I totally agree and so did Halo BUT the hive knows what's up when it comes to her r&b songs. The GP just loves her pop songs a lot. rip4 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Royale    64,326

No Angel contains R&B elements, so that alone makes me go for R&B Bey.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
POPBOIY    406
2 minutes ago, Tomás said:

R&Beyoncé is THAT girl

Elaborate, ST slayed me , NSI but 4 didnt but it still proved something to her in which I'll elaborate on later oprah11

Spoiler

NSI : No shade intended 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
tomás    21,112
5 minutes ago, POPBOIY said:

Elaborate, ST slayed me , NSI but 4 didnt but it still proved something to her in which I'll elaborate on later oprah11

  Reveal hidden contents

NSI : No shade intended 

 

I'm a DIL and B'day stan moo1 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Merryem    6,957

both tbh but im here for diverseyonce, explore those country and rock-tinged musical themes legend!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Urbanov    46,507
23 hours ago, POPBOIY said:

Elaborate, ST slayed me , NSI but 4 didnt but it still proved something to her in which I'll elaborate on later oprah11

  Reveal hidden contents

NSI : No shade intended 

 

4 is extremely underrated cry9 has so many gems on it: I Miss You, I Care, Start Over, End Of Time, Schoolin Life, Dance For You.... ugh cry9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Urbanov    46,507
On 08/05/2018 at 4:14 AM, Royale said:

No Angel contains R&B elements, so that alone makes me go for R&B Bey.

but was written by an artpop/synthpop chanteuse Caroline Polachek jj2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
POPBOIY    406
6 minutes ago, Urbanov said:

but was written by an artpop/synthpop chanteuse Caroline Polachek jj2

Truly lives for the applause.mp3 oprah11

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Urbanov    46,507
1 minute ago, POPBOIY said:

Truly lives for the applause.mp3 oprah11

even on her wiki page in the first sentence it's mentioned that she is known for writing for Beyonce jj5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Bright Moon    19,186
On 5/7/2018 at 10:12 PM, Dan said:

I prefer the pop, just because that's what I love. But I'm here for both, because she does both so well yas1 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Bright Moon    19,186
45 minutes ago, Urbanov said:

4 is extremely underrated cry9 has so many gems on it: I Miss You, I Care, Start Over, End Of Time, Schoolin Life, Dance For You.... ugh cry9

SONGS cry9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/7/2018 at 9:10 PM, POPBOIY said:

And its funny how most Honey bees dont like IASF. If you asked me, I feel like that really solidifed her as a Pop Girl. B'day and DIL both were a success but showed the RnB girl who had attention not the Multi-faceted pop girl who had POC & GP support oprah11

It solidified her as an icon but she was already a big pop girl lol, the record sales and international awards indicate that. She already had multi-format support. Crazy In Love, Naughty Girl, Irreplaceable and Beautiful Liar are all pop songs or some variation of it. Not to mention Check On It and her original talent show staple ballad Listen. I Am... era is bigger singles-wise because it greatly benefited from being released when digital started peaking. The only reason I think so many hive (and other stans) try to shade it is because of what came after. It was the last album before she became a music critical darling. I see it with artists' fanbases all the time, especially when new fans come into the fold and the base gets a bit divided between longtime fans and "non-pop" fans. IASF was well loved in it's time, even with it's flaws. No one will argue that it's one of the most iconic pop girl eras of all time.

 

I divide her up into 4 categories.

Pop/R&B songs: Pretty Hurts, Single Ladies, Countdown, Baby Boy, Halo, etc.

Soul/Funk songs: 1+1, Work It Out, Rocket, Suga Mama, Deja Vu, etc.

Rap/Hip-Hop songs: Drunk In Love, Upgrade U, Formation, 7/11 etc.

Misc. styles (meaning she dabbles or has dabbled in these but not as much as the aforementioned genres): Radio (Electro), Runnin' (Drum & Bass), Don't Hurt Yourself (Rock), Fever (Jazz), Haunted (Dance), etc.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Browsing now   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×