Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

POPBOIY

Unpopular XTINA opinions

3 hours ago, Xtinaislife said:

Her voice isn’t any better than it was in 2012 for sure. Remember in season 3 of the voice when she sustained a legendary E5 while coaching? Currentina could NEVER.

Hmm this is pushing it. She was inconsistent during the Lotus era and although she had some great days, she was overall much throatier, tense, and even cracked during that "Make The World Move" performance. Her technique now is healthier. The Liberation tour showed almost immaculate vocals night after night

OT She shouldn't have done a Christmas album in 2000 and should've done another pop album instead. I ALSO WANT A JAZZ ALBUM (sorry not sorry pop fans) ny10

12 hours ago, Freaky Prince said:

B2B should've been shortened in a 1 disc album, there are quite a bit songs that just drag oprah14

This. I think B2B could've been even more of a smash if it's packed in one disc. It could do without "On Our Way", "Back In The Day", "Thank Me (A dedication to Me) xtina5", "P.I.S.S.", and "Still Dirrty". The first disc had tons of fillers but I have no complains with the second disc.

She should've saved the two disc album for BIONIC one with mainstream sound and the second one with the sound she intended to make a Goldfrapp-esque sound. 

4 hours ago, Darlin said:

OT She shouldn't have done a Christmas album in 2000 and should've done another pop album instead. I ALSO WANT A JAZZ ALBUM (sorry not sorry pop fans) ny10

I don't think this is going to happen anytime soon. She's done pop infused jazz with B2B. Maybe in 2025. bebe1

What I want for her next sound is along the veins of Telepathy. A 70's disco sound. 

15 hours ago, Xtinaislife said:

Her voice isn’t any better than it was in 2012 for sure. Remember in season 3 of the voice when she sustained a legendary E5 while coaching? Currentina could NEVER.

There has been a huge improvement 

In 2012 all she would do was strain through every note, but now she compliments the melody, emotes better, and improvises outstanding embellishments. I will admit, when her confidence is down she returns to her bad habits. But the liberation tour showcased some of her best vocals of the 2010s

This is only a snippet of her improvements, there are other videos that showcase her improvements but I thought it would be annoying to post 5 giant boxes but you can see for yourself. 

6 hours ago, lovechristina said:

There has been a huge improvement 

In 2012 all she would do was strain through every note, but now she compliments the melody, emotes better, and improvises outstanding embellishments. I will admit, when her confidence is down she returns to her bad habits. But the liberation tour showcased some of her best vocals of the 2010s

This is only a snippet of her improvements, there are other videos that showcase her improvements but I thought it would be annoying to post 5 giant boxes but you can see for yourself. 

Keep in mind she rarely did performances that weren’t televised in 2012. She has ALWAYS sung better on tour than tv. Look at her NYE or iHeart Radio performances. She sounds awful. But look at her private performances from 2012 she sounded pretty good. She could sing up to E5 with ease. Specifically the one Crazy performance on the stupid voice tour they did. She hit many eb5: and even an f5 with ease

15 hours ago, BlancMac said:

I don't think this is going to happen anytime soon. She's done pop infused jazz with B2B. Maybe in 2025. bebe1

What I want for her next sound is along the veins of Telepathy. A 70's disco sound. 

that would be nice too. I loved the Telepathy/Jessica Rabbit era of 2016 <3

Discotina would show the gp her artistry mixed with the bops and she'd be doing something different from everyone else again like during B2B by fusing the new with the old

OT "Cease Fire" is one of her best songs and an MV would've saved the Lotus era. When the chorus hits fall6

9 hours ago, Darlin said:

that would be nice too. I loved the Telepathy/Jessica Rabbit era of 2016 <3

Discotina would show the gp her artistry mixed with the bops and she'd be doing something different from everyone else again like during B2B by fusing the new with the old

OT "Cease Fire" is one of her best songs and an MV would've saved the Lotus era. When the chorus hits fall6

Yeah, Discotina can save the music industry.

Cease Fire is one of my favorite tracks. Actually, if we re arrange the Louts tracklist it would sound cohesive. 

20 hours ago, COOKIES said:

I wish Chrisitna would get into good shape because the Liberation tour was depressing in terms of her performance quality and costumes.

Yeah, I noticed that she gets out of breath when she's trying to dance and she needs to be helped going up and down table/stairs. I think she needs to actually try to at least be in her Stripped live from UK shape.Or maybe even her NBA performance in 2015--she looked fucking great there.

1. Vanity is trash. I understand the lyrics are supposed to be playful or whatever but they are laughably bad... the ONLY good part of the song is the high note.

2. Her body has always looked good. Ppl say she is dressing wrong for her body but she’s never looked big to me you’re all just used to toothpick pop girlies...

3. Stripped has a LOT of skips... Loving Me for Me, Underappreciated, Soar, KOSMS, TVW, Cruz are all skips for me.

4. Light Up the Sky is one of her best songs if they just fix the mixing issues.

5. Christina completely lipped the Whitney hologram performance. It wasn’t dubbed. You can tell she is lipping bc she’s making all the same faces and gestures she does when she lips. It’s painfully obvious.

8 hours ago, Xtinaislife said:

1. Vanity is trash. I understand the lyrics are supposed to be playful or whatever but they are laughably bad... the ONLY good part of the song is the high note.

2. Her body has always looked good. Ppl say she is dressing wrong for her body but she’s never looked big to me you’re all just used to toothpick pop girlies...

3. Stripped has a LOT of skips... Loving Me for Me, Underappreciated, Soar, KOSMS, TVW, Cruz are all skips for me.

4. Light Up the Sky is one of her best songs if they just fix the mixing issues.

5. Christina completely lipped the Whitney hologram performance. It wasn’t dubbed. You can tell she is lipping bc she’s making all the same faces and gestures she does when she lips. It’s painfully obvious.

savage. 

i have to tell you 5 is false: a friend of mine was at the recording and said they recorded it 3 times and used different parts of all 3 recording so get the final version. but he could be lying .... that shady a** b*tch

number 3 you better be ready to catch hands because you do not say that about LM4M, SOAR, KOSMS, TVS, and cruz ... UNDERAPPRECIATED - sure, have at it!

4 hours ago, knoxavel said:

savage. 

i have to tell you 5 is false: a friend of mine was at the recording and said they recorded it 3 times and used different parts of all 3 recording so get the final version. but he could be lying .... that shady a** b*tch

number 3 you better be ready to catch hands because you do not say that about LM4M, SOAR, KOSMS, TVS, and cruz ... UNDERAPPRECIATED - sure, have at it!

I refuse to believe the story the friend Is telling. Look at the way she turns to the side and how she opens her mouth when she hits the F5 in I’m every woman. It’s almost the same pose she does when lipping the candyman high note. Also she just overdoes a lot of her movements and it feels like she planned the faces and poses ahead of time. As for number three I feel like KOSMS and Soar wouldn’t be skips if they weren’t BOTH on the album but they just feel too similar to be on the same album.

Stripped only has two skips: "Underappreciated" and "Cruz" the album could've done without both of them. "Soar" stays because of the whistle note

I also never got the hype over "Make Over" I mean it fits on the album well but it's not one of my faves.

On 3/26/2019 at 12:24 PM, BlancMac said:

This. I think B2B could've been even more of a smash if it's packed in one disc. It could do without "On Our Way", "Back In The Day", "Thank Me (A dedication to Me) xtina5", "P.I.S.S.", and "Still Dirrty". The first disc had tons of fillers but I have no complains with the second disc.

She should've saved the two disc album for BIONIC one with mainstream sound and the second one with the sound she intended to make a Goldfrapp-esque sound. 

Tell me you did not...brit3cry5 and it's fuss not piss 

On 3/29/2019 at 2:35 AM, Xtinaislife said:

I refuse to believe the story the friend Is telling. Look at the way she turns to the side and how she opens her mouth when she hits the F5 in I’m every woman. It’s almost the same pose she does when lipping the candyman high note. Also she just overdoes a lot of her movements and it feels like she planned the faces and poses ahead of time. As for number three I feel like KOSMS and Soar wouldn’t be skips if they weren’t BOTH on the album but they just feel too similar to be on the same album.

Well we all know Xtina is a perfectionist, if she did lip it, at least she tried to be more believable.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.