Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

POPBOIY

Unpopular XTINA opinions

4 hours ago, BlancMac said:

Well we all know Xtina is a perfectionist, if she did lip it, at least she tried to be more believable.

It was definitely good lipping. Probably only fighters who have seen her lip before would be able to tell 

6 hours ago, BlancMac said:

I know. But F.U.S.S is just ari1

Okay maybe I was a bit harsh with Back in the Day but On Our Way is just way too filler-ish and  Still Dirrty, while I love the beat just was not dirrty enough I guess. 

I like the f.u.s.s. title sia3 

In my opinion on our way is a cute song with awesome vocals and still dirrty is kinda dirrty but in a different way,more B2B-ish but I do get your point bey10

6 hours ago, BackToBasics said:

I like the f.u.s.s. title sia3 

In my opinion on our way is a cute song with awesome vocals and still dirrty is kinda dirrty but in a different way,more B2B-ish but I do get your point bey10

Still Dirrty, in my opinion should've featured redman for a nostalgic route. The vocals for On Our Way are very great but i just hated the instrumentation as it didn't really somewhat fit with the B2B sound.

7 hours ago, BlancMac said:

Still Dirrty, in my opinion should've featured redman for a nostalgic route. The vocals for On Our Way are very great but i just hated the instrumentation as it didn't really somewhat fit with the B2B sound.

oprah10 shit...you're a genius rav3

4 hours ago, BackToBasics said:

oprah10 shit...you're a genius rav3

xtina5 I have my moments.

Or even if it isn't redman, it could've been at least Nelly because Tilt Ya Head Back fits B2B and them collabing for Still Dirrty would be perfect too. 

If anything, ANOM should've been released as a third single. Slow Down Baby should've been the lead single, Still Dirrty (feat. Nelly/Redman) as second single, ANOM the third one, Candyman, and then, Hurt (as much as I love the message and the music video of the song, I feel like it derailed B2B's momentum and should've been released as a closing single for the B2B era instead of a follow up to ANOM --like The Voice Within for Stripped closing the Stripped era.)

3 hours ago, Liam said:

B2B second disc should of been scrapped besides Hurt!! On Our Way/Back In The Day/Without You are top ten Xtincta songs!

I can’t believe you would scrap Nasty Naughty Boy... I can’t wrap my mind about it. Save me from myself can get the can for sure tho

xtina5 I have my moments.

Or even if it isn't redman, it could've been at least Nelly because Tilt Ya Head Back fits B2B and them collabing for Still Dirrty would be perfect too. 

If anything, ANOM should've been released as a third single. Slow Down Baby should've been the lead single, Still Dirrty (feat. Nelly/Redman) as second single, ANOM the third one, Candyman, and then, Hurt (as much as I love the message and the music video of the song, I feel like it derailed B2B's momentum and should've been released as a closing single for the B2B era instead of a follow up to ANOM --like The Voice Within for Stripped closing the Stripped era.)

this+lack of promotion after the release jj4 

14 hours ago, Xtinaislife said:

I hate the studio vocals for fall in line. They don’t sound pleasant to me AT ALL

It was okay to me but it shouldn't have been released as a lead, maybe as a second single. I still think lead single worthy songs were Twice, Deserve or Unless it's With You.

9 hours ago, BackToBasics said:

Live versions don't sound any better,especially bbmas 2018

This is something about FIL I cannot get over: Why is there even a key change for the final chorus if she NEVER sings it live moo1

Xtina still sings great. Yes, her voice may not be the same as it was twenty years ago but she still shits on newer singers. 

She has a great voice but she rarely sings Fall In Line in a good way. The Eb5’s on tour were good and the D5’s were but the entire chorus was usually bad and she skipped singing it. There was one night where for a whole thirty seconds of the song she didn’t sing it was just her backup. And it was supposed to be the climax. That’s pretty unacceptable.

10 hours ago, knoxavel said:

that's a lie.

undefined

But it’s literally not there is footage every night and at least half the time she’ll skip hard vocal moments in the song and sing different runs or just not sing at all. Idk y ppl are interpreting this as me saying she is bad at singing now. I’m saying this specific song doesn’t really sound great most of the time.

5 hours ago, Anita said:

This is something about FIL I cannot get over: Why is there even a key change for the final chorus if she NEVER sings it live moo1

Omg yes it’s so annoying bc it kills any adrenaline the song has built up. Also lowkey in the demo the key change was bad too Demi made it an actual climactic key change with her high note.

11 minutes ago, Xtinaislife said:

She has a great voice but she rarely sings Fall In Line in a good way. The Eb5’s on tour were good and the D5’s were but the entire chorus was usually bad and she skipped singing it. There was one night where for a whole thirty seconds of the song she didn’t sing it was just her backup. And it was supposed to be the climax. That’s pretty unacceptable.

Since Lotus era, she tends to darken her voice and lower her larynx when she sings live on TV. I think it's due to nerves. That's also what she did in the 2017 Whitney tribute.

However, on the tour, her notes were sleek, clear, and mostly free of tension.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.