Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Freaky Prince

Rita Ora responds to 'Girls' criticism

Miss. Hayley is the one who should be doing the apologizing for making a mess out of nothing.  wendy4 The SJW culture is really starting to bother me. 

2 minutes ago, Jay. said:

Miss. Hayley is the one who should be doing the apologising for making a mess out of nothing.  wendy4 The SJW culture is really starting to bother me. 

Yeah. I like Hayley, but I don't know why she had to make a simple song turn so political.

13 minutes ago, Krista said:

Yeah. I like Hayley, but I don't know why she had to make a simple song turn so political.

Right? The song is literally harmless. dead1  

2 minutes ago, Jay. said:

Right? The song is literally harmless. dead1  

I even saw some bisexuals that weren't offended by it and I'm sure that there's more LGBTQ+ people that aren't offended by the song. It's nice that she wants to advocate for what she stands for, but she needs to realize that she doesn't speak for the entire community. Just because the song offends you, doesn't mean it offends everyone else.

9 minutes ago, attitude said:

Stop apologizing. That's the problem in today's culture, we apologize for EVERYTHING -- even when we're not wrong. Stand your ground and it does go away. 

EXACTLY. There are those that have said things I agreed on, and yet afterwards they backtrack what they said, just to appease the people who got at them in the first place. They should say it like they mean it and stand by on it. This celebrity/political culture has become sad.

Hayley had every right to speak out against a song that reduced her sexual identity to playful experimentation. Is she justified to be annoyed at this? Yes, nothing wrong with not wanting lesbianism to be portrayed like that, especially when she is one. But is it just a song? Also yes, it won't really have an impact socially, is not that big of a deal and will probably flop lbr dead2 But y'all try soooo hard to distance yourself from the SJW crowd, trying to silence Hayley when there's nothing wrong with her expressing her annoyance with this song lj1

1 hour ago, Krista said:

I even saw some bisexuals that weren't offended by it and I'm sure that there's more LGBTQ+ people that aren't offended by the song. It's nice that she wants to advocate for what she stands for, but she needs to realize that she doesn't speak for the entire community. Just because the song offends you, doesn't mean it offends everyone else.

EXACTLY. There are those that have said things I agreed on, and yet afterwards they backtrack what they said, just to appease the people who got at them in the first place. They should say it like they mean it and stand by on it. This celebrity/political culture has become sad.

I'm just dumbfounded that an artist that has several #1 singles around the world and that has appeared in a few films even needs to respond to frivolous nonsense from a no-hit wonder that has no obvious presence outside of social media? It's ridiculous. Ignoring her and the other 100 accounts upset over it wouldn't have hurt her in the slightest. 

Go you Rita! 

I found Hayley's statements quite hypocritical. There's more than just one way to like another woman, and if we accept sexuality as a spectrum, then bisexual/bicurious anthems shouldn't be ridiculed like that. It isn't going to represent the entire lesbian community. Our straight faves literally sing about everything from hoeing around to getting married, there's different kinds of attraction out there cheer1

6 hours ago, gengar said:

Hayley had every right to speak out against a song that reduced her sexual identity to playful experimentation. Is she justified to be annoyed at this? Yes, nothing wrong with not wanting lesbianism to be portrayed like that, especially when she is one. But is it just a song? Also yes, it won't really have an impact socially, is not that big of a deal and will probably flop lbr dead2 But y'all try soooo hard to distance yourself from the SJW crowd, trying to silence Hayley when there's nothing wrong with her expressing her annoyance with this song lj1

MTE

I get that people overreact to a lot of harmless stuff these days, but I think Hayley’s criticisms are valid shrug1 

For once Imma be an SJW and say Hayley was right to go AWF clap1 

It's been 10 years since IKAG and we're still getting songs that trivialise being gay/lesbian um2 

Getting drunk and kissing girls is not supporting varied sexualities, peasant ny12 

Are we really pulling the whole "I have bisexual friends that are not offended by this..."  I mean, really?

I am ambivalent towards this whole issue, I don't know what to think.

But for someone who always gets recognized as someone that CHOSE being gay and being refered to it as a LIFESTYLE like choosing to be a vegan is harmful.

You have no idea how bigots have perpetuated this narrative - making gay conversion therapies legal and perpetuating ignorance that being gay is a choice had given them mileage that would take a generation to eliminate.

I won't criticize Hayley for saying what she said.  Because I can feel that it has a deeper root, and it can prove detrimental to the LGBT community in the long run.

If you guys would follow news about gay rights, you would realize how far we are in getting that stigma erased.  Venture out these pop forums and stop obsessing over pop girls and LOOK.  It's legal to discriminate against LGBT in a lot of countries.  Google has to have a freaking checkbox to places if it's LGBT-friendly.  That is how f-ed up this world is.

Gay people are literally getting killed in some countries.  We are hunted like dogs like it's the modern witch trials.  This SJW culture you're talking about, it becomes a miniscule concept when you realize that Indonesia lashes you if you're caught having gay sex.  And that Singapore will imprison you for being gay.   Let's not even start with Russia.

P.S.  And I'm livid with these celebs coming out as 'bisexual'.  Well, sure, okay, hun.  It may or may not be true, but these celebs making a mockery out of the struggle of true bisexuals for attention is just making it all meaningless.  You know these straight celebs are using bisexuality to be edgy and because it's convenient for them to just date normally and still get the label for convenience.  Bitch, please.  

P.S.  BUT PERSONALLY?  I am more offended on how terrible the song is.  Trying hard to be Lady Marmalade, but with 3 myas.

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.