Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Cloud-Ninetales

Why Aren’t the Gays Here for Meghan Trainor?

The GP seems to be there for her (mostly) giving her 3 hits and 1 minor hit from her debut, then a couple decent charting hits from her sophomore album.

I never see any gays stanning her tho. Is it her image? Her attitude? Her anti-feminism lyrics from Dear Future Husband? oprah6 

Idk if I stan but she’s making some pretty catchy bops in this pop-barren music scene lately. xtina11 

The gays are forever image driven. The gays only stan for skinny women with young-looking bodies. it's a crime for a woman to have some meat (to them).

When gaga gained weight, y'all came for her neck and it was headline news

When xtina gained weight, she got dragged

Some continue to refer to adele as adolephant 

Britney also got some heat for her weight back in the blackout days

Some of you dragged mariah when she gained weight, and got her to have surgery so she can be skinny for y'all

some of you are always coming for madonna, a woman in her 60s, just because her face is bloated (which is probably due to fillers, so she can stay young for y'all)

and the list goes on..

so yeah, it's not a music issue, it is an image issue.

3 minutes ago, Beaux said:

The gays are forever image driven. The gays only stan for skinny women with young-looking bodies. it's a crime for a woman to have some meat (to them).

Some of you dragged mariah when she gained weight, and got her to have surgery so she can be skinny for y'all

some of you are always coming for madonna, a woman in her 60s, just because her face is bloated (which is probably due to fillers, so she can stay young for y'all)

and the list goes on..

Makes sense. The majority of the gay community seems shallow like that.

brit2 

I ask myself the same very often. It's so unfair. Meghan serves better music than many of our faves at the moment imo and she has a great personality too, yet she gets a ridiculous amount of hatred and is disliked by almost everyone I've seen on ATRL and Stan Twitter for unknown reasons. A shame tbh.

12 minutes ago, TomTom2288 said:

I ask myself the same very often. It's so unfair. Meghan serves better music than many of our faves at the moment imo and she has a great personality too, yet she gets a ridiculous amount of hatred and is disliked by almost everyone I've seen on ATRL and Stan Twitter for unknown reasons. A shame tbh.

Which is unfair cuz we need all the queens we can get in the pop scene right now. It’s so dead in mainstream and it needs a revival brit2 

23 minutes ago, Beaux said:

and the list goes on..

This.

31 minutes ago, Beaux said:

and the list goes on..

Even some calling Beyonce fat during her early solo albums pre-Sasha fierce rih14

Image/personality wise she's incredibly cringe worthy, a lot of which shows up in the lyrics of her music, but if you can get past that, songs like No Excuses and Me Too are really catchy and fun. I think the gays just find her basic, which isn't too false of a claim as she doesn't do anything ground breaking or exciting much

She seemed a little problematic in her rise to fame. All About That Base & Dear Future Husband were ridiculed for their messages, and it didn't help that she made a weird comment about Anorexia. Still, it seems weird to still be hung up on that 4 years later cheer1 Especially since she's actually quite a sweet and down-to-earth person.

If it was about her music being "basic" as some of y'all claim, then we wouldn't be stanning like 99% of our faves nnn. It's moreso about gays not actually checking out her music and just sheeping a twitter opinion. I was really put off by her because of what twitter thought of her, and then I listened to "Thank You" and was so surprised. "No," "Better," "Woman Up," "Champagne problems" and "Kindly Calm Me Down" are SONGS! Her latest singles are bawps too! 

It's also like Beaux said, her image. Had she been extremely attractive & slim then gays would be 10x more likely to listen to ha nnnn

25 minutes ago, Kuba said:

She seemed a little problematic in her rise to fame. All About That Base & Dear Future Husband were ridiculed for their messages, and it didn't help that she made a weird comment about Anorexia. Still, it seems weird to still be hung up on that 4 years later cheer1 Especially since she's actually quite a sweet and down-to-earth person.

If it was about her music being "basic" as some of y'all claim, then we wouldn't be stanning like 99% of our faves nnn. It's moreso about gays not actually checking out her music and just sheeping a twitter opinion. I was really put off by her because of what twitter thought of her, and then I listened to "Thank You" and was so surprised. "No," "Better," "Woman Up," "Champagne problems" and "Kindly Calm Me Down" are SONGS! Her latest singles are bawps too! 

It's also like Beaux said, her image. Had she been extremely attractive & slim then gays would be 10x more likely to listen to ha nnnn

Shes not even fat lol

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.