Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  

Why can't Beyonce sell singles?

Recommended Posts

taylor1989    33

she has no hits at all. drunk in love got #2 peak only because of grammy boost. formation debuted #10 and was frontloaded.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
rayven    182

Lemonade still isnt on spotify which is what a lot of people use for music so that's damaging for her single sales. I honestly think she doesnt care about having a hit single anymore. She's become more of an album seller 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Yzma    34,108

Cause her music is

a) not radio-friendly

b) not fit for non-US markets

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Yzma    34,108
11 minutes ago, Umbreon said:

She has that Perfect by Ed Sheeran #1 though ny1 

The solo version went #1 everywhere else. She had nothing to do with it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Umbreon    2,940
Just now, Sailor Mars said:

The solo version went #1 everywhere else. She had nothing to do with it.

But Billboard credited Beyoncé on the version that hit #1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sugar Baby    978

she doesn't seem to care anymore oprah14

her music has been very good since 4 but it is also not very GP friendly since then

nothing in 4, self titled and lemonade screams Smash hit but there is A LOT of quiality in those albums, especially 4 and lemonade 

it's like she is now here for the musing not the bling, she still sells albums and tours tho, so she is is more than fine

I became a fan with Lemonade but I've been slayed with her performances and music since 4

and she has earned more respect since then

bey.gif

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jdpm1991    755
56 minutes ago, rayven said:

Lemonade still isnt on spotify which is what a lot of people use for music so that's damaging for her single sales. I honestly think she doesnt care about having a hit single anymore. She's become more of an album seller 

Then why did she do those remixes?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Urbanov    40,599

She can but she doesn't care about her singles. Also with releasing a surprise visual album it would be kinda hard to create a hype when climax = the day the album drops.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sylk    139,306

I don't think she really chases commercial success anymore, it's more about acclaim for her now. Her craft, her performances, her music. If she did want to, she could probably start selling and scoring good numbers she's just TOO powerful so she's letting all the other girls breathe 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Yzma    34,108
25 minutes ago, RICKY MARTIN said:

she doesn't seem to care anymore oprah14

her music has been very good since 4 but it is also not very GP friendly since then

nothing in 4, self titled and lemonade screams Smash hit but there is A LOT of quiality in those albums, especially 4 and lemonade 

it's like she is now here for the musing not the bling, she still sells albums and tours tho, so she is is more than fine

I became a fan with Lemonade but I've been slayed with her performances and music since 4

and she has earned more respect since then

bey.gif

 

Excuse me?

4 had a lot of very radio-friendly songs. She simply went for the wrong single choices and by the time she finally picked a good one, the momentum she had was gone and she flopped. She also most definitely faked her first pregnancy to conceal the flop that was 4.

If she would have been smart that era, she would have chosen the singles in this order:

  1. End of Time (April 2011)
  2. Countdown (June 2011)
  3. Dance for You (August 2011)
  4. Love on Top (October 2011) / Party (October 2011)
  5. I Was Here (December 2011)
  6. Run the World (February 2012)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Urbanov    40,599
5 minutes ago, Sailor Mars said:

Excuse me?

4 had a lot of very radio-friendly songs. She simply went for the wrong single choices and by the time she finally picked a good one, the momentum she had was gone and she flopped. She also most definitely faked her first pregnancy to conceal the flop that was 4.

If she would have been smart that era, she would have chosen the singles in this order:

  1. End of Time (April 2011)
  2. Countdown (June 2011)
  3. Dance for You (August 2011)
  4. Love on Top (October 2011) / Party (October 2011)
  5. I Was Here (December 2011)
  6. Run the World (February 2012)

Run The World should end up in a trash can jj4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sugar Baby    978
12 minutes ago, Sailor Mars said:

Excuse me?

4 had a lot of very radio-friendly songs. She simply went for the wrong single choices and by the time she finally picked a good one, the momentum she had was gone and she flopped. She also most definitely faked her first pregnancy to conceal the flop that was 4.

If she would have been smart that era, she would have chosen the singles in this order:

  1. End of Time (April 2011)
  2. Countdown (June 2011)
  3. Dance for You (August 2011)
  4. Love on Top (October 2011) / Party (October 2011)
  5. I Was Here (December 2011)
  6. Run the World (February 2012)

Lies

when 4 was released Electronic Music and bubblegum pop were slaying the charts, meanwhile 4 was pure R&B record, it simply had no chance, at least I am Sasha Fierce had some Pop in it.

The Fame Monster, Born this way, LOUD, Teenage Dream, Animal they all have that sound that was in back then

I honestly admire how Beyonce refused to make electronic/edm music when it was in, you can tell 4 was everything she wanted to be, it was so Beyonce and funny thing that album was aged A LOT better than those albums in previously mentioned and the other electronic trash released that year

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sugar Baby    978
31 minutes ago, Loose Rap said:

4 was not a commercial album at all

well that's why I'm trying to say, lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
rayven    182
1 hour ago, jdpm1991 said:

Then why did she do those remixes?

ed sheeran asked her to be on perfect and mi gente was for the hurricane relief 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TomTom    6,930
2 hours ago, Umbreon said:

But Billboard credited Beyoncé on the version that hit #1

She has been erased from the credits by Billboard a few weeks later

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

  • Browsing now   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×