Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Carly Rae Jepsen #1

Teenage Dream is the biggest female era of all time

I didn’t feel 1989. oprah14 

Must be because she‘s local to the US!

Teenage Dream on the other hand though...inescapable. She was scalping everyone with just one album alone. giveup1 Hated her back then because Teenage Dream is basic bubblegum pop but the impact is undeniable.

3 minutes ago, Sailor Mars said:

Teenage Dream on the other hand though...inescapable. She was scalping everyone with just one album alone. giveup1 Hated her back then because Teenage Dream is basic bubblegum pop but the impact is undeniable.

idk .. California Gurls and Firework were the only smash hits from Teenage Dream OUTSIDE of the US.. Teenage Dream, Last Friday Night, etc. were more like radio hits wendy3  1989 was similar in that respect.. Shake It Off and Bad Blood were huge "events", while Blank Space, Style and Wildest Dreams were radio hits rav1

for me personally 1989 felt bigger.. probably also due to the fact that I wasn't really interested in pop music back then though  wendy2 

The Fame / TFM also had HUGE singles and should be mentioned here  jj3 

I don’t really agree...even just talking singles. Her singles were sugar pop radio candy but they didn’t cause anything phenomenal to come out of it. I think Gaga’s streak from “Just Dance” to “Alejandro” was a much bigger era. 

2 minutes ago, Agugaga said:

I don’t really agree...even just talking singles. Her singles were sugar pop radio candy but they didn’t cause anything phenomenal to come out of it. I think Gaga’s streak from “Just Dance” to “Alejandro” was a much bigger era. 

I think it's because Gaga was a huge celebrity back then, biggest at that time + the "weird" videos.

but TD singles were HUGE and GLOBAL tbh

20 minutes ago, fab said:

idk .. California Gurls and Firework were the only smash hits from Teenage Dream OUTSIDE of the US.. Teenage Dream, Last Friday Night, etc. were more like radio hits wendy3  1989 was similar in that respect.. Shake It Off and Bad Blood were huge "events", while Blank Space, Style and Wildest Dreams were radio hits rav1

for me personally 1989 felt bigger.. probably also due to the fact that I wasn't really interested in pop music back then though  wendy2 

Roar and Dark Horse >>> Blank Space and Shake it off um2 

facts don't lie, TD>>1989

2 hours ago, Sailor Mars said:

1989 wasn't local under any means lol. It's just that ALL of the TD singles were HUGE opposed to 1989 having only 2 huge hits.

5 hours ago, fab said:

What? Shake It Off and Blank Space were the only big WW hits. Everything else didn’t do nearly as good on a global scale.

Teenage Dream had:

California Girls, Teenage Dream, E.T. (Another massive hit), Firework and LFN. All of them were big hits! ny4 Played on the radio, sold well, charted well almost everywhere. The three that came afterwards weren’t as big but also did rather well.

1989 simply didn’t have any of that. TFM would be the only rivaling era.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.