Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Agugaga

Camila and J.lo are flopping, why?

11 minutes ago, Popboi said:

BTS being all over the place

But I thought @Queen Rachel specifically stated that Camila and J.lo were coming to outsell Xtina on iTunes? Why was she so hateful and jealous of Xtina’s success that she had to create a deluded scenario only to have it backfire in her face? Maybe in the future she should keep her mouth shut so eggs don’t get thrown at ha. nat2 

34 minutes ago, Agugaga said:

But I thought @Queen Rachel specifically stated that Camila and J.lo were coming to outsell Xtina on iTunes? Why was she so hateful and jealous of Xtina’s success that she had to create a deluded scenario only to have it backfire in her face? Maybe in the future she should keep her mouth shut so eggs don’t get thrown at ha. nat2 

You’ll have to wait a bit and see kylie2

3 hours ago, FMKK said:

DJ Khalid and Pharrell are both dead memes and the songs are underwhelming. 

But I’m confused isn’t Xtina “dead weight” too? So why is “Fall In Line” selling? Why can’t Camila carry this song like how Demi and ha power carried Xtina the dead weight? So many contradicting statements all over the board nat1 

2 minutes ago, Woof3r said:

Havana singer became one hit wonder 

J Lo I think people they don’t want Spanish JLo anymore 

but Never Be The Same was a Top 10 hit or did I mess smth up

7 hours ago, Agugaga said:

X is not BTS um2 

18 minutes ago, AGNTEA said:

but Never Be The Same was a Top 10 hit or did I mess smth up

Hmm I don’t know but HIT to me is #1 ? No? 

2 minutes ago, Woof3r said:

Hmm I don’t know but HIT to me is #1 ? No? 

Hmm... I don't think so aretha1 I mean for example - Beyoncés If I Were A Boy hit #3, but it's still a massive hit

One of her most remembered songs aka Halo peaked at #5.

Never Be The Same peaked at #6 and the top 10 overall in 17 countries

I'd consider it a hit cheryl1 Not as big as Havana, but still cheryl1

6 minutes ago, AGNTEA said:

Hmm... I don't think so aretha1 I mean for example - Beyoncés If I Were A Boy hit #3, but it's still a massive hit

One of her most remembered songs aka Halo peaked at #5.

Never Be The Same peaked at #6 and the top 10 overall in 17 countries

I'd consider it a hit cheryl1 Not as big as Havana, but still cheryl1

Ok then but for me Havana singer is one hot wonder and her payola did very well 

i mean I don’t know I don’t follow charts like I used to but nowadays get hit isn’t hard if you’ve got radio or Spotify deal which she had it

In my opinion Hit is #1 because at that rate tons of song are hits only because their peak is or was in top 10 and in few years time top 20 song will be called hit too only because peak was there .. but the longevity was decent ... 

1 minute ago, Woof3r said:

Ok then but for me Havana singer is one hot wonder and her payola did very well 

i mean I don’t know I don’t follow charts like I used to but nowadays get hit isn’t hard if you’ve got radio or Spotify deal which she had it

In my opinion Hit is #1 because at that rate tons of song are hits only because Thor peak is or was in top 10 and in few years time top 20 song will b called hit to only because peak was there .. but the longevity was decent ... 

I see your mind there cheryl1 and understand, but still, I have to disagree a lil bit sis

Especially for female pop singers it seems harder to get a safe top 10 hit, even with iTunes and spotify deals. Bon Apple Teeth by Keti was a huge YouTube hit but tanked so hard on the charts, i think it was Top 50 or smth like that. Gaga had a hard time with Joanne, only Superbowl could give her a Top 5 hit with Milliion Million Reasons performances. Meghan Trainor..did she even chart? Her latest songs sound like they would be Top 20s for sure, but id even think something happened at all. There are a lot of HITS that didn't reach the top spot or even the top 5 but will be remembered for a long tie. 

8 hours ago, AGNTEA said:

I see your mind there cheryl1 and understand, but still, I have to disagree a lil bit sis

Especially for female pop singers it seems harder to get a safe top 10 hit, even with iTunes and spotify deals. Bon Apple Teeth by Keti was a huge YouTube hit but tanked so hard on the charts, i think it was Top 50 or smth like that. Gaga had a hard time with Joanne, only Superbowl could give her a Top 5 hit with Milliion Million Reasons performances. Meghan Trainor..did she even chart? Her latest songs sound like they would be Top 20s for sure, but id even think something happened at all. There are a lot of HITS that didn't reach the top spot or even the top 5 but will be remembered for a long tie. 

I do still believe that streaming is not hard way to get a hit nowadays 

Older pop artists are struggling 

New pop artists depends on their “hit” 

I mean nowadays charts are irrelevant and not very interesting because of streaming 

I know sales is dead etc but same like cassette or vinyl will reborn sooner or later because people will realise that they don’t own any of it ... it will happen eventually so then we will talk about real charts again

Pop is dying because it’s been replaced by other kind of music ... not for very long until next new pop revelations and again hip hop rap rnb urban whatever is leading now will be pushed in the corner for another few years o decades 

People aka generations are changing so is the music consumption streaming I think had it its peak already so charts rules will change again and that will be over and over again

Big events gives a boost 

YT still leads in video streaming

People are not happy to enjoy pop music as much as they used to

I mean all this terrorism and blood war and all this Trump situation and another shootings makes people more liable to listen something like This Is America or Arianas NTLTC after Manchester ... that why disco music from 60-70-80s doesn’t exist except gay clubs... because everyone is in state of mind where song with the message or singers like Adele or Ed with those ass crying cats songs are reflecting their state of mind that why 

People are miserable 

Young people the generation X is more focus on Trump and race wars that why they support black artists that why smart ass Drake is making music and videos with black people and giving money away (apparently) that how it works - plus older millenials or whatever they cold - don’t like very much this music plus having family and responsibilities makes them focus less on actual music industry situation

What will be , will be. Pop music and downloading will be back at some point  because people will get happier and music will get less political and people will go again buy music. 

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.