Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

FMKK

What The Fuck Is A BTS?

I go onto twitter to see what's happening at the Billboard awards and there are legit armies of stans for some Korean boyband or something? Wtf is going on, who are they and how do they have so many stans?

please update me/drag them as appropriate 

lmao major Kpop acts have stanbases wayyy bigger than most of our faves here, they just haven't cracked the western mainstream music scene yet. BTS is currently the boyband they're pushing the most to crack the western market, but they're already huge in international markets/amongst koreaboos dead2 

I've never seen one this big before, though I know K-pop and J-pop groups are super popular among Tumblr types and weebs. I just checked Wikipedia and they don't actually have any western hits yet though, so it's weird this has translated to "real life" with them getting screams etc.

I wonder the same too

as a former kpop/ jpop stan I was shocked to see a korean boyband getting all this press

I stopped caring about KPOP after SNSD mess and AKB48 popular members graduating, I don't know anything after that

32 minutes ago, Dennis Reynolds said:

...you think HAIM is HIAM spelled backwards?

Waiting for those Tinashe performances as Zayn cancels his own takes a serious toll

The joke is on Billboard. Their actual group of stans in America is quite small. Most of the people you see flooding the hashtags are from other countries; they use VPNs to inflate their American sales. 

1 hour ago, Paranomin said:

I don't think BTS will cut it over here. Obivously they have such a huge fan base, but North America still isn't catching on

and I hope it never does. I dont want BTS to start spamming our radio.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.