Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Savage

Texas school shooter suspect won’t face death penalty

Texas school shooting suspect wonât face death penalty
Dimitrios Pagourtzis

Accused Santa Fe HS shooter Dimitrios Pagourtzis, 17, won’t face the death penalty if he is convicted of capital murder, and could be paroled when he’s 57, thanks to two US Supreme Court rulings.

A 2005 decision made it unconstitutional for anyone under 18 at the time of their crime to face execution, and a 2012 ruling outlawed life without parole.

After the 2012 ruling, Texas enacted a law requiring murder convicts, including juveniles, to serve a minimum of four decades in prison.

The decisions affected the Lone Star State more than any other, because 11 of the 22 juvenile executions nationwide between 1985 and 2003, were in Texas.

“The penalty is life with possible parole after 40 years,” said Robert Dunham of the Death Penalty Information Center.

Dunham doubted Texas parole authorities would spring a notorious mass murderer such as the suspected Pagourtzis, but because the law is so new, no killer has yet served that much time.

SOURCE *

ZBbMJkq.gif

Don't have any particular sympathy for this guy, but I'm of the opinion that a civilised society does not execute its citizens under any circumstance oprah14 With that said, it's really just because he's under 18 that they aren't executing him so it's not really any kind of a step forward.

1 hour ago, Dennis Reynolds said:

Don't have any particular sympathy for this guy, but I'm of the opinion that a civilized society does not execute its citizens under any circumstance oprah14 With that said, it's really just because he's under 18 that they aren't executing him so it's not really any kind of a step forward.

I don't agree with this. If someone killed my family or a family member of mine i'd want for them to be executed immediately tbh. oprah14 

12 minutes ago, Beaux said:

I don't agree with this. If someone killed my family or a family member of mine i'd want for them to be executed immediately tbh. oprah14 

I'd want to execute the killer of my family by myself tbh and not relegate the execution to the society. oprah5

Just now, The One Above All said:

I'd want to execute the killer of my family by myself tbh and not relegate the execution to the society. oprah5

The killer will be dead by execution in the end of the 2 situations anyway, so who's doing the job doesn't matter much to me.  oprah14 

5 minutes ago, Beaux said:

The killer will be dead by execution in the end of the 2 situations anyway, so who's doing the job doesn't matter much to me.  oprah14 

but why the first situation is immoral and illegal while the second case is accepted and legal in some states of US? jj3

27 minutes ago, The One Above All said:

but why the first situation is immoral and illegal while the second case is accepted and legal in some states of US? jj3

Normal citizens should not kill each others. Authorities (Police and The court system) are the ones whose job is to take care of injustices, not normal citizens. We're not living in a chaotic jungle.

3 minutes ago, Beaux said:

Normal citizens should not kill each others. Authorities (Police and The court system) are the ones whose job to take care of injustices, not normal citizens. We're not living in a chaotic jungle.

I don't agree with this. Killing is NOT taking care of injustices. Greek and Romans already realized that. Why US struggles to be a civilized society?

6 minutes ago, The One Above All said:

I don't agree with this. Killing is NOT taking care of injustices. Greek and Romans already realized that. Why US struggles to be a civilized society?

What's the point of keeping serial killers and rapists alive? These are the lowest of the low. They ruined lives forever. Keeping them alive is a real way of wasting tax-payers money. 

it is not about being civilized, it is about being just. You kill someone then you will get killed. 

Just now, Beaux said:

What's the point of keeping serial killers and rapists alive? These are the lowest of the low. They ruined lives forever. Keeping them alive is a real way of wasting tax-payers money. 

it is not about being civilized, it is about being just. You kill someone then you get killed. 

EW. I don't like your materialistic perception when dealing about justice!

What you should realize is that keeping killers alive IN JAIL and treat them worse than you would treat a rat is a much more harsh punishment. It is deluded to think that after dead they will suffer more or regret their actions, unless you believe in after-death ofc.ny5

1 hour ago, Beaux said:

But suffering in jail for 40 yrs is a much more escrutiating? punishment

15 minutes ago, Beaux said:

it is not about being civilized, it is about being just. You kill someone then you will get killed. 

But its actually most costly to execute from what I heard i think

7 minutes ago, Music Meister said:

But suffering in jail for 40 yrs is a much more excruciating? punishment

The victims are dead, they are no longer with us, they won't come back to life after 40 yrs, and just like them, he needs to be dead. It's only fair. 

10 minutes ago, Music Meister said:

But its actually most costly to execute from what I heard i think

I don't believe this, moreover my stance is not built on which decision is more cost-efficient. 

37 minutes ago, The One Above All said:

EW. I don't like your materialistic perception when dealing about justice!

What you should realize is that keeping killers alive IN JAIL and treat them worse than you would treat a rat is a much more harsh punishment. It is deluded to think that after dead they will suffer more or regret their actions, unless you believe in after-death ofc.ny5

You're a pro-lifer and therefore think EVERY life is valuable regardless of the circumstances. I couldn't disagree more. Lives of serial killers and rapists (namely) are not very valuable to me. 

giphy.webp

1 minute ago, Beaux said:

You're a pro-lifer and therefore think EVERY life is valuable regardless of the circumstances. I couldn't disagree more. Lives of serial killers are rapists (namely) are not very valuable to me. 

giphy.webp

but also how many people who were in jail for say 25 yrs wrongfully convicted are found to be innocent.  

8 minutes ago, Beaux said:

The victims are dead, they are no longer with us, they won't come back to life after 40 yrs, and just like them, he needs to be dead. It's only fair. 

I don't believe this, moreover my stance is not built on which decision is more cost-efficient. 

Lol it is fair only if you believe that the punishment should be equal to the crime, which is a very primitive way of thinking.

Just now, Music Meister said:

but also how many people who were in jail for say 25 yrs wrongfully convicted are found to be innocent.  

i believe this is off-topic.... ?

Just now, The One Above All said:

Lol it is fair only if you believe that the punishment should be equal to the crime, which is a very primitive way of thinking.

Yeah, he deserves 8 bullets in his body. 1 bullet for every victim. Hopefully 1 of these bullets seek asylum inside his big skull and get it over with.

3Mm0A22.gif

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.