Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

light741

The moment you became a fan.

I make this thread so we share our experience about the moment when we became Mimi fans.

For me it was TEOM era. I was a little kid in the 90s. But i did know her and her peers back then. Madonna, Mariah, Celine, Janet, Whitney, Alanis, Shania. They all had big eras. But i wasn't into their music in the 90s. early and mid 2000s is when i started to explore more and more artists from different genres. 2005 and It's Like That was the year that i became a Mariah fan. We were on a trip with my family. The ILT video had recently came out. I was instantly hooked by it.So when we were near a record store. I went in and i bought her TEOM album. After thati started to explore her discography. Glitter and Charmbracelet were the next 2 albums i bought. Then Rainbow and Butterfly. With Butterfly becoming my fave album by her.

What about the rest of you lambs?.

I remember hearing songs like Dreamlover, Fantasy, One Sweet Day and Always Be My Baby on the radio as a kid. And I remember my mom had Mariah’s first CD in her CD case. And in middle school like 8th grade my friend was doing this competition called ‘record mime’ where you lip sync to a song and have a theme and the girl wanted me to be the guy love interest while she mimed Heartbreaker dead7. I wasn’t hardcore MC fan until I wa a freshman in high school when Glitter came out. I still remember the Loverboy single coming out at Sam Goody!! I also remember the Loverboy video coming on TRL. And then since 2000/2001 I was a hardcore fan. Went through all of her discography.

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.