Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

El Goot

The reason why Roulette isn't a single.

Hi KCats! Let's get straight to the point.

One of the main reasons that Katy didn't release Roulette as a single is her inability to perform the song live. It's a difficult song for her to sing. Period.

That's why on tour she always sings the lower harmony in the chorus and let's her backup singers do the main melody.

She wouldn't be able to give a vocally powerful performance for promoting it.

Not to be rude, but the poor sis released firework. I mean, she can sing it great now but she frequently did crap performances of it in the beginning. Let's not forget Teenage Dream (the song) either!

Just now, Kenya said:

That’s ridiculous tbh

why nicki1 

I don't think "can i perform this song live" is a major criterion for her single picks, especially when it's a 4th / 5th single = a cute radio hit in the best case 

1 minute ago, fab said:

why nicki1 

I don't think "can i perform this song live" is a major criterion for her single picks, especially when it's a 4th / 5th single = a cute radio hit in the best case 

Because she’s never done it before, so there’s no reason for her to start now. Plus, the era is over so there’s no need to go through the media/stan culture dragging her for lip syncing lol.

1 minute ago, Kenya said:

Because she’s never done it before, so there’s no reason for her to start now. Plus, the era is over so there’s no need to go through the media/stan culture dragging her for lip syncing lol.

super bowl? jj1 

5 minutes ago, fab said:

why nicki1 

Still trolling in the Katy section to this day, I see! eve1 

Anyway...

I think Roulette is cute and could have been a good single but there really was not point in releasing it after choosing all the worst songs from Witness as singles. jj4 

No. If they were going by singing ability, then they sis would have no singles out bar her ballads chi1 It's not about how well she sings it, it's about how she performs it, and her Roulette performances are decent.

It's not a single because the campaign was killed. CTTR was a good hit, but still an under-performance by her standards. They thought the resolution would be Bon Appétit, which backfired terribly, and led to poor Swish's rush release. Hey Hey Hey was gonna be a single, which she probably fought for, but as soon as the main promo for it was axed, so was Hey. 

Roulette's omission as a single has NOTHING to do with her singing capabilities, they just wanted to sweep Witness under the rug as quickly as possible chi1

Nope her singing has nothing to do with it, Katy just loves to sabotage songs that deserves to be singles I mean... don't get me started on Legendary Lovers. dead1 

2 hours ago, Sailor Mars said:

Still trolling in the Katy section to this day, I see! eve1 

Anyway...

I think Roulette is cute and could have been a good single but there really was not point in releasing it after choosing all the worst songs from Witness as singles. jj4 

BA is a bop bitch repent

7 hours ago, fab said:

super bowl? jj1 

ny12 The super bowl is an exception as it is encouraged to prevent technical difficulties, not because of her inability to sing the songs. Regardless, her ability to sing it is irrelevant because she performs it on her tour every show ny12.

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.