Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

WarrenThanksYouAll

Janet still can't pass Madonna on iTunes after BMA

1 minute ago, Sailor Mars said:

I mean I can understand why people like Love Spent because underneath MadBot2k12 singing and the atrocious production hides a good song with good lyrics. I'm a Sinner though...how is that a good contribution when it's literally the second rehash of Beautiful Stranger with the only exception being that it comes 13 years too late?  jj4

She never had a song that practices that structure, actually, it works brilliantly in the context of the album (something that barely happens these days with her) and has some classic Madonna humor injected into it, which again : can barely found these days, it's never balanced.

2 minutes ago, Jjang said:

She never had a song that practices that structure, actually, it works brilliantly in the context of the album (something that barely happens these days with her) and has some classic Madonna humor injected into it, which again : can barely found these days, it's never balanced.

oprah12 

Beautiful Stranger

Amazing

How does it work brilliantly in the context of the album when it sounds completely out of place and like an old Music/Ray of Light outtake? 

oprah12 

Beautiful Stranger

Amazing

How does it work brilliantly in the context of the album when it sounds completely out of place and like an old Music/Ray of Light outtake? 

I don't have the energy these days to write a synopsis of an album/era, it does fit with the narrative, if you pay attention. The songs you mentioned don't have the same structure though? chi1 I'd take a Music/ROL outtake over any RH track any day so idk if that's supposed to be bad for her standards these days lol

Terrible music taste detected. Hard Candy is in the top 5 Madonna albums for quality, without any doubt. 

Madonna wins over Janet not only chart-wise and quality-wise but also touring wise. The rebel heart tour out-grossed the last five Janet's tours combined.

To compare Madonna to Janet is just pointless.

wendy4

3 hours ago, Jjang said:
36 +6
Madonna - The Immaculate Collection

49 -17
Janet Jackson - Number Ones

And Janet is supposed to be bigger in the US / as iconic oprah14

Is she?... She's been huge, but I don't think she ever reached the level of Madonna. I don't know who says that she's bigger.

30 minutes ago, The One Above All said:

Madonna's music videos have the coolest dance routines tho.

giphy.gif

Who’s talking about music videos this is about janets performance last night. None of madonnas recent televised performances come close to Janet’s dancing last night sorry 

10 minutes ago, Anna Wintour said:

Who’s talking about music videos this is about janets performance last night. None of madonnas recent televised performances come close to Janet’s dancing last night sorry 

Janet does know some great dance moves, sure. Her dancing style is never-evolving tho. She recycles the same cool dance routines everytime.

Madonna always reinvents her dance moves and she is two steps forwards when it comes to cool dance moves. Just check her last televised performance (from 3:50) and you should be able to realize that.

17 hours ago, Jjang said:

Poor Janet. She deserves better but oprah14

Does she tho? oprah14

Also count me in with those supporting Discipline because “Feedback” alone > careers

4 minutes ago, Goldie said:

Maybe Janet would have charted higher if she had actually sang more than 2 songs at ha BBMA performance xtina11 

Or something other than Throb which wasn’t even released as a proper single. Truly her Candy Shop.

Or something other than Throb which wasn’t even released as a proper single. Truly her Candy Shop.

Literally didn't even know what that shit was dead2 I heard 2 second snippets from like 10 different songs all clashing at once and then she starts singing that, wtf

On 5/22/2018 at 6:53 PM, Jjang said:
35 +5
Madonna - The Immaculate Collection (US)

26 +1
Madonna - The Immaculate Collection (UK) 

Still moving up. oprah14

EDIT : It's at #31 now in the US. eve1

dead2 i’m genuinely curious as to what keeps this album afloat. like do random people just keep buying it? are they just hearing of madonna now? like what makes ppl just keep buying this album 

2 hours ago, Merryem said:

dead2 i’m genuinely curious as to what keeps this album afloat. like do random people just keep buying it? are they just hearing of madonna now? like what makes ppl just keep buying this album 

Her star power. Her name.

oprah14 

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.