Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

P.O.P

Gwen Stefani: I’m Obviously At The End Of My Journey Of Being A Musician

gwenstefa.jpg?quality=80&strip=all&w=720

“The Hollaback” girl confessed her career is winding down following the release of This Is What the Truth Feels Like in 2016, her first album in 10 years.

“I’m obviously at the end of my journey of being a musician… because of my age, and I’ve been doing it for thirty-something years,” she said. “It’s perfect for me to be able to do a Vegas show because not only does it work for me as a mom, but it also works creatively.

SOURCE

oprah14

NO clap1 

This makes me so sad... cry8 

She's literally one of my favorite artists and I've been a fan since I was 6, my first stan cry4  I really hope she finds inspiration and eventually makes another

Her career passed away in 2007 honestly and her getting with B**** did not help matters when she tried to come back from the dead jj4

Her LAMB and TSE albums have some great songs but nothing will ever top No Doubt in terms of quality

1 hour ago, The Plague said:

eek. not her being ageist towards herself wendy4 someone tell her one floppy album does not mean you have to end your singing career. wendy4

That won't be coming from the stan world. One or two flop albums and you're done. You're not allowed to make music unless at least a million people buy your album. kylie2

Seriously though, maybe it just feels right for her. Maybe she just doesn't feel inspired anymore.

I mean, this isn't too surprising – although it is surprising to hear her say it. Her last album was uninspired (and a flop christmas album no one cared about) and she got some weird publicity with the whole Blake thing. She honestly doesn't seem like the Vegas type act to me, so idk what she's gonna do.

Just now, PoisonCandy said:

That won't be coming from the stan world. One or two flop albums and you're done. You're not allowed to make music unless at least a million people buy your album. kylie2

Seriously though, maybe it just feels right for her. Maybe she just doesn't feel inspired anymore.

Yeah i was thinking this too after – if she feels satisfied (which she should) and doesn't want to create potentially mediocre work that doesn't compare to her past stuff then it makes sense i suppose. She does have lots of other projects going so at least we'll still see ha around. creep1 

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.