Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

LittleDudeNT5

Would "Toxic" Have Fit On Body Language?

Not sure if this has been a topic before, so sorry if it has!

I think we all know by now that "Toxic" was originally given to Kylie to sing, probably because it was written by Cathy Dennis and she had written CGYOOMH and Come Into My World from Fever. This was what Kylie would have heard when it was presented to her:

It's a bit difficult to imagine anyone but Britney singing "Toxic", but it's a bit easier to imagine Kylie singing it with Cathy's vocals from the demo. Kylie passed on the song but doesn't really give an exact reasoning:

I was contemplating on whether or not "Toxic" would have fit onto Body Language? Obviously BL was going for a more R&B-type sound, and none of the songs on the album are as fast/frantic as "Toxic" is. However, when listening to the more electronic synths on "Toxic", I feel like they weren't too dissimilar to songs like "Still Standing" and "Secret (Take You Home)".

In The Zone and Body Language were eventually released in the same year.

Could Kylie have tweaked "Toxic" a bit to fit Body Language and given herself another US Hit?

Or is the production of "Toxic" just too different from what Body Language already was?

I can picture Kylie singing it, but I think it was definitely better suited on In the Zone than Body Language. I can kinda see where it could be on BL, but it also sounds a bit too frantic for the album like you said, whereas it feels like it fits right in on ITZ.

Its so hard to imagine anyone but Brit singing it

Just like its hard to imagine anyone but Kylie signing CGYOOMH

I think it was meant to fall in Brits hands, like CGYOOMH for Kylie

I dont think it would have given her another US hit either cause if you look at Brits status in the US at the time vs Kylies

Brit was established already where as by 2003 the core of Kylies US success was gone

I haven't heard that demo before, but wow, it sounds straight off BL. It would have fit perfectly, but that's not to say it would have been as big as it was for Ms Spears. The US factor is at play here.

ye i can imagine cos BL is very Britney album, some songs from it could be easily Brits tracks, and as well Toxic could fit in right in into BL, i wish Kylie would record at least demo for it, or even now a cover cos I would love to hear her take on it cry9

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.