Thoughts on Pharrell?

Law    2,558

What do y’all think about the direction he’s taking music (especially pop) in, especially since he’s one of the main producers along with Max/Ilya now that Dr. Rape is gone? I think his productions are half/half, a lot of it is really refreshing and catchy and breathing new life into the pop industry, but I can see a lot of it alienating the general public.

hector    29,846

I think he's a good producer but sometimes his songs become overly annoying very fast (Ex: "Havana")

Americunt    15,812

I find his work pretty overrated on the whole. Even just a quick perusal of his production discography and you'll see that he's produced some of the worst pop songs of the last decade: his own "Happy", Gwen Stefani's trashy "Spark the Fire", Robin Thicke's rape anthem "Blurred Lines", most of Justin Timberlake's Man of the Woods, Miley Cyrus' pro-golden shower track "4x4", Kylie's limp attempt at funk-pop "I Was Gonna Cancel"...the list goes on.

Also, Ilya Salamanzadeh is not really a big-shot producer in his own right. Max Martin's star is falling in recent years and Ilya, as one of his protégés, is going to feel the effects of that, since he's barely done any successful work outside of working with Max's scraps.

LittleDudeNT5    4,532
2 hours ago, Music Meister said:

Honestly Idk what hes produced

You'd probably recognize much more of The Neptunes' stuff. It was a duo he used to be in during the early 2000s. They produced I'm A Slave 4 U,  Hollaback Girl, Hot In Herre, Milkshake, Give It 2 Me (and most of Hard Candy), Rock Your Body – and basically all of JT's new album.

1 hour ago, Americunt said:

I find his work pretty overrated on the whole. Even just a quick perusal of his production discography and you'll see that he's produced some of the worst pop songs of the last decade: his own "Happy", Gwen Stefani's trashy "Spark the Fire", Robin Thicke's rape anthem "Blurred Lines", most of Justin Timberlake's Man of the Woods, Miley Cyrus' pro-golden shower track "4x4", Kylie's limp attempt at funk-pop "I Was Gonna Cancel"...the list goes on.

I kind of like I Was Gonna Cancel, but I know I'm in the minority here.

Tbh, I don't know why he never got any backlash for being apart of Blurred Lines. He's a featured artist/in the video. 

Modern Woman    11,087
2 minutes ago, LittleDudeNT5 said:

You'd probably recognize much more of The Neptunes' stuff. It was a duo he used to be in during the early 2000s. They produced I'm A Slave 4 U,  Hollaback Girl, Hot In Herre, Milkshake, Give It 2 Me (and most of Hard Candy), Rock Your Body – and basically all of JT's new album.

I kind of like I Was Gonna Cancel, but I know I'm in the minority here.

Tbh, I don't know why he never got any backlash for being apart of Blurred Lines. He's a featured artist/in the video. 

This tea oprah11

He was Justin Timberlake and Robin Thicke was Janet Jackson

Agugaga    1,754
3 hours ago, Hector said:

I think he's a good producer but sometimes his songs become overly annoying very fast (Ex: "Havana")

He produced “Havana”? shock1 

Urbanov    45,635

He’s one of the most talented producers and y’all better give him a credit. 

I mean: 

Imagine dropping something in the beginning of 00s that still sounds fresh in late 10s. I think it requires a talent but oh well - silly gays always love to talk some bitter shit oprah14 

ParentalAdvisory    7,465

he did some cute pop girl bops

Britney Spears : Im A Slave 4 U, Boys, Why Should I Be Sad?

Shakira: Did it Again

Gwen: Hollaback Girl, Orange County Girl, HellaGood

Madonna: Give it 2 Me, Beat Goes On

Urbanov    45,635
1 minute ago, ParentalAdvisory said:

Shakira: Did it Again

Holy shit that's why I think it's one of the best Shakira's songs I guess cry6

ParentalAdvisory    7,465
2 minutes ago, Urbanov said:

Holy shit that's why I think it's one of the best Shakira's songs I guess cry6

Songwriter: Shakira & Pharrell Williams

Producer:  Shakira & The Neptunes

we love a bop

Urbanov    45,635
14 minutes ago, ParentalAdvisory said:

Songwriter: Shakira & Pharrell Williams

Producer:  Shakira & The Neptunes

we love a bop

talent prevailed

Queen Lizzy    255

i don't understand the hate for pharrell he's produced some fucking masterpieces in his day.

slave 4 u, basically gwen stefani's entire solo career

madonna's best album hard candy (dont fucking @me) 

even going to miley's bangerz he produced those few decent tracks on the album

like everything he touches is pretty golden if you're interested in that genre of music, or his unique way of making sounds work.

my personal fav of his work as a genius producer

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.