Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

TomTom

Dr. Luke claims Kesha is responsible for him not working with Katy anymore, wants $50 million from Kesha

1 hour ago, Onika said:

You not working with Katy anymore is because you're disgusting. If Kesha had nothing to take you to court for, you wouldn't be in this situation.

Exactly. I don’t know if they’ll allow this because truthfully all she did was file a suit. It wasn’t like she herself went around trashing him. She did nothing to deserve the penalty of 50 million. 

2 hours ago, Kivo said:

"he put his $12.8 million LA home up for sale a week ago tehe1rih8

He bought the house for $4.7 million in 2008 and now sells it for $12.8 million ten years later!

https://therealdeal.com/la/2018/05/23/music-producer-dr-lukes-hollywood-hills-home-hits-the-market/

I think it can't become any more obvious that he needs the money! lmfao1

1 minute ago, Honey said:

Exactly. I don’t know if they’ll allow this because truthfully all she did was file a suit. It wasn’t like she herself went around trashing him. She did nothing to deserve the penalty of 50 million. 

His claims are so ridiculous. As if he KNOWS that he would have earned exactly $50 million, let alone the $10 million for Katy's next three albums (why does he think he would have produced all of them? How does he want to know how successful they would have been?).

2 minutes ago, TomTom2288 said:

His claims are so ridiculous. As if he KNOWS that he would have earned exactly $50 million, let alone the $10 million for Katy's next three albums (why does he think he would have produced all of them? How does he want to know how successful they would have been?).

They really are. He’s just trying his best to tear her down any way he can. I’ve seen a lot of comments saying “maybe she really is lying” ew2 breaks my heart 

Just now, Honey said:

They really are. He’s just trying his best to tear her down any way he can. I’ve seen a lot of comments saying “maybe she really is lying” ew2 breaks my heart 

Nnnn there are actually a lot of people who think she is a liar, but that won't help Dr. Trash either oprah14

Disgusting, disgusting man. I really hope Katy stands up for Kesha in this situation, it's so important that she does. 

Katy should sue too xtina8 she needed a Luke hit during Witness era.

But in all seriousness... Dr Luke really shot himself in the foot by fighting Kesha so hard. Yes, he won, but if he had just let her leave Kemosabe then this could've gone away relatively quietly. Instead, it gave her ammunition to make a come back with complete public backing and everyone turned against him.

3 hours ago, TomTom2288 said:

Because he was the executive producer of all of her albums before Witness.

Yes, but as I've replied to you in the other thread, he only gets a small amount of money from her being signed to his publishing company. That is probably nothing compared to the amount of money he lost from losing deals with a lot of other artists due to the lawsuit. Most of his money comes from his work as a producer, but he produced almost nothing since the lawsuit started, so he lost money in the long run.

He is over anyway.

You're wrong actually (in all of your posts) :P 

She is not only published by him, she is also signed to him for records through Kemosabe. That is what she wants to be let go from. So he is getting a cut on both the records AND the publishing side from her current music (all of the past hits as well as anything from Rainbow). He is probably getting money from stuff like tour, merch etc too. His deals are known to be very harsh so artists/writers/producers signed to him are likely tied to him for life (which used to be a good thing as he was so successful).

It's also not true that he isn't making any money. He owns one of the most successful publishing companies in the world who publish some of the biggest writers and producers of today. He earns millions every year from that. Okay, so it's nowhere NEAR as much money as he would've made if he was still a popular producer, but he is still making a lot of money. $50million is obviously an overestimate but that is what the point of a lawsuit is- you go in high and you obviously won't get that amount

19 minutes ago, Dangerous Jim said:

Katy should sue too xtina8 she needed a Luke hit during Witness era.

But in all seriousness... Dr Luke really shot himself in the foot by fighting Kesha so hard. Yes, he won, but if he had just let her leave Kemosabe then this could've gone away relatively quietly. Instead, it gave her ammunition to make a come back with complete public backing.

You're wrong actually (in all of your posts) :P 

She is not only published by him, she is also signed to him for records through Kemosabe. That is what she wants to be let go from. So he is getting a cut on both the records AND the publishing side from her current music (all of the past hits as well as anything from Rainbow). He is probably getting money from stuff like tour, merch etc too. His deals are known to be very harsh so artists/writers/producers signed to him are likely tied to him for life (which used to be a good thing as he was so successful).

It's also not true that he isn't making any money. He owns one of the most successful publishing companies in the world who publish some of the biggest writers and producers of today. He earns millions every year from that. Okay, so it's nowhere NEAR as much money as he would've made if he was still a popular producer, but he is still making a lot of money. $50million is obviously an overestimate but that is what the point of a lawsuit is- you go in high and you obviously won't get that amount

You're not up to date. She is not signed to him through Kemosabe - Sony fired Dr. Luke from Kemosabe in April 2017. He is not involved in the label in any kind of way anymore and he does not produce any songs for Kesha anymore. The Prescription Songs/Kasz. Money Inc. contract is the only remaining contract she has with him. She does not want to be let go from Kemosabe either. Kemosabe is now entirely run by Sony and RCA - both fully support Kesha and grant her the creative freedom she always wanted to have. She has no desire to leave them. Her six album contract is under Sony, RCA and Kemosabe, not Dr. Luke. The Prescription Songs contract can be terminated after she releases a certain amount of songs or after those songs have generated a certain amount of money, but we don't know the exact conditions. I highly doubt he gets any money from her tour or other things. 

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.