Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

TomTom

Dr. Luke claims Kesha is responsible for him not working with Katy anymore, wants $50 million from Kesha

56 minutes ago, Crowley said:

Does Katy Perry currently have any relevant contracts with Dr. Luke? How did she get rid of him and Kesha did not?

(I believe, this could be totally wrong) Kesha was signed just to Dr. Luke and his record label, Kemosabe Records, which had very few people signed to it. However, Katy is signed to another record label that brought in Dr. Luke, he didn't technically "own" Katy.

For her part, Kesha filed documents claiming Luke had his damages tallied up based upon his past hits and ability to secure top performers, which she doubts he would have been able to do.

The fucking honest savagery. She called him out on his inevitable decline lmfao1

9 hours ago, Crowley said:

Does Katy Perry currently have any relevant contracts with Dr. Luke? How did she get rid of him and Kesha did not?

8 hours ago, Dan said:

(I believe, this could be totally wrong) Kesha was signed just to Dr. Luke and his record label, Kemosabe Records, which had very few people signed to it. However, Katy is signed to another record label that brought in Dr. Luke, he didn't technically "own" Katy.

Exactly this!

14 hours ago, Music Meister said:

well he has new hit popstar Kim Petras on his side now LOL

wtf how did i not know/realise that all her songs BOPS are by Dr. Luke i'm shook and disgusted sia5 oprah3

48 minutes ago, The Plague said:

wtf how did i not know/realise that all her songs BOPS are by Dr. Luke i'm shook and disgusted sia5 oprah3

In case you didn't know sha1

1 hour ago, The Plague said:

TF oprah5 i'm actually very concerned as to how i missed all this oprah5 i'mma need a minute to decide how to proceed tbh oprah3

She made it unequivocally clear that she supports Dr. Luke wholeheartedly. She started working with him in the middle of the lawsuit, when artists like P!nk or Kelly Clarkson already exposed Dr. Luke for being the disgusting person that he is (next to Kesha). She called him a "great guy" and implied that Kesha is a liar by saying "I wouldn‘t work with someone I believe to be an abuser of women". She made a half-hearted apology for her remarks that makes clear that she actually meant what she said and doesn‘t really want to apologize. She stressed that she would work with him in the future again and does not have issues with that.

She is being used by Dr. Luke as a means to end to clean up his image and she consciously overlooked his questionable character and reputation because she wanted to become famous with the help of a former star producer at all costs and also dismisses other people‘s experiences with him.

She‘s trash.

4 minutes ago, TomTom2288 said:

She made it unequivocally clear that she supports Dr. Luke wholeheartedly. She started working with him in the middle of the lawsuit, when artists like P!nk or Kelly Clarkson already exposed Dr. Luke for being the disgusting person that he is (next to Kesha). She called him a "great guy" and implied that Kesha is a liar by saying "I wouldn‘t work with someone I believe to be an abuser of women". She made a half-hearted apology for her remarks that makes clear that she actually meant what she said and doesn‘t really want to apologize. She stressed that she would work with him in the future again and does not have issues with that.

She is being used by Dr. Luke as a means to end to clean up his image and she consciously overlooked his questionable character and reputation because she wanted to become famous with the help of a former star producer at all costs and also dismisses other people‘s experiences with him.

She‘s trash.

ugh STOpp rip3 well there goes my summer bops WHYYy slaycat

im actllyy pissed lol rih9

goodbye my almost fav rip1 goodbye my hopeless dream rip1 

3 minutes ago, The Plague said:

ugh STOpp rip3 well there goes my summer bops WHYYy slaycat

im actllyy pissed lol rih9

I know, the truth hurts sometimes.

4 minutes ago, The Plague said:

goodbye my almost fav rip1 goodbye my hopeless dream rip1

Stan one of my favorite songs rih2

5 minutes ago, TomTom2288 said:

I know, the truth hurts sometimes.

Stan one of my favorite songs rih2

thisiswhatthetruthfeelslike.zip nat2 rih9

yass an oldie but a goodie (i stan ha first 2 albums) rav3 

16 hours ago, Dangerous Jim said:

Katy should sue too xtina8 she needed a Luke hit during Witness era.

But in all seriousness... Dr Luke really shot himself in the foot by fighting Kesha so hard. Yes, he won, but if he had just let her leave Kemosabe then this could've gone away relatively quietly. Instead, it gave her ammunition to make a come back with complete public backing and everyone turned against him.

This is the part that's most funny to me. She gave him so many opportunities to have her go quietly, and he didn't take them. Like, whatever happens as a result is on you dude.

19 hours ago, TomTom2288 said:

You're not up to date. She is not signed to him through Kemosabe - Sony fired Dr. Luke from Kemosabe in April 2017. He is not involved in the label in any kind of way anymore and he does not produce any songs for Kesha anymore. The Prescription Songs/Kasz. Money Inc. contract is the only remaining contract she has with him. She does not want to be let go from Kemosabe either. Kemosabe is now entirely run by Sony and RCA - both fully support Kesha and grant her the creative freedom she always wanted to have. She has no desire to leave them. Her six album contract is under Sony, RCA and Kemosabe, not Dr. Luke. The Prescription Songs contract can be terminated after she releases a certain amount of songs or after those songs have generated a certain amount of money, but we don't know the exact conditions. I highly doubt he gets any money from her tour or other things. 

No I'm sorry but you're wrong. To quote Forbes:

Embattled producer Dr. Luke (Lukasz Gottwald) is no longer CEO of Kemosabe Records, but he continues his relationship with Sony in an unspecified capacity.

I have learned that Dr. Luke’s contract as CEO of Kemosabe, the label he and Sony founded in 2011, expired in March and was not renewed. However, reports that he is no longer affiliated with Sony are untrue, according to sources who declined to be identified and would not define his ongoing role.

As it was Luke's company and he created it, he will ALWAYS get money from it. That's how the industry works. They've just removed his name because of the PR nightmare. He signed Kesha to a production deal which means he will make x amount of money from her career for possibly decades to come. As long as her music still goes through Kemosabe, Luke is making money from it and that is a fact.

2 minutes ago, Dangerous Jim said:

No I'm sorry but you're wrong. To quote Forbes:

As it was Luke's company and he created it, he will ALWAYS get money from it. That's how the industry works. They've just removed his name because of the PR nightmare. He signed Kesha to a production deal which means he will make x amount of money from her career for possibly decades to come. As long as her music still goes through Kemosabe, Luke is making money from it and that is a fact.

That quote doesn't prove what you said though. It just says that he is still involved in Sony in some kind of way, that says nothing about his relationship with Kesha or his involvement in Kemosabe.

He is not profiting off of her music through Kemosabe, he is profitting off of her music through Kasz Money Inc. (his production company) and Prescription Songs (his publishing company) to both of which Kesha signed in 2005. That's all we know. Everything else (how much and for what exactly he earns money and when/under which conditions the contracts can expire) remains unknown and is speculation.

1 minute ago, rosekesha said:

Is it true that Kesha went from being 40m $ worth to 500k? 

According to a lot of the net-worth websites, most of them claim that. But, I don't know if that's factual. 

Protip: the best way to prove you aren't a controlling, toxic abuser is to stop behaving like a controlling, toxic abuser. His behavior throughout this entire situation has been horrendous and spiteful and emotionally abusive. It's not about his reputation, he just wants to bleed Kesha dry and make sure she never stops suffering. Which just further proves the point that she shouldn't be forced to remain connected to him in any personal or professional capacity. 

On 5/29/2018 at 3:11 PM, Music Meister said:

well he has new hit popstar Kim Petras on his side now LOL

"hit" eve1 

On 5/29/2018 at 5:04 PM, LittleDudeNT5 said:

Literally fucking cry about it dead2 "I would have made so much more money if you hadn't exposed me", the literal douchebaggery.

Katy don't want your ass anyway. 

dead3 

23 hours ago, rosekesha said:

Is it true that Kesha went from being 40m $ worth to 500k? 

most likely due to the bills from buying lawyers etc.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.