Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

TomTom

Kim Petras apologizes once again for her comments about Dr. Luke and Kesha after backlash for joining Troye Sivan tour

15 minutes ago, attitude said:

Both of these people are practically unknown outside of the internet. Who exactly was protesting her appearance? 

1 hour ago, TomTom2288 said:

Pretty damn ironic how most of those replies are from people who won't be attending the tour anyways. I obviously don't agree with what she said, but we shouldn't ostracize someone for placing doubt on an unverified (in a court of law) story. 

2 hours ago, LuranusLur said:

even if he is nice to some for a bit he is still mean and still sues Kesha for money I think she should say she womt work with him more but I dont think she will! 

She can’t say that because she signed a contract with Dr Luke prior this whole Kesha mess happened, so she’s kinda stuck in a limbo. If she goes after him and starts saying stuff like that he’ll end her. She’s not even a big artist like Kesha. So I feel that Kim has been saying all this stuff in the wrong way bc she doesn’t know what to say, like, she’s in a crossfire. That’s what I think she has been trying to fix her comments. 

I honestly don't get why bunch of teenagers are hating on her and trying to create "drama". If she signed the deal before Kesha's lawsuit and has had a good working relationship with him - who cares? 

1 hour ago, Kivo said:

I honestly don't get why bunch of teenagers are hating on her and trying to create "drama". If she signed the deal before Kesha's lawsuit and has had a good working relationship with him - who cares? 

I don't agree with people being mean to her, but she did bring some of this upon herself when she said she didn't believed that Dr. Luke abused anyone, which totally discredited Kesha. 

8 hours ago, attitude said:

Pretty damn ironic how most of those replies are from people who won't be attending the tour anyways. I obviously don't agree with what she said, but we shouldn't ostracize someone for placing doubt on an unverified (in a court of law) story. 

It's not that easy. First of all, this is not a criminal case. The lawsuit is about whether Kesha's contract with Dr. Luke can be dissolved or not. Nobody is going to investigate what exactly what happened between the two or who said the truth and who not. Second, the problem is not what her opinion about Dr. Luke is - the problem is that she discredited other people's experiences with him by saying: "I wouldn't work with someone I believe to be an abuser of women, definitely not". The direct consequence of that statement is, albeit worded politely, that she believes Kesha lied. Third, as @Dan said, she put herself in this situation. She went out of her way to that sentence. She was not asked about the topic at all, she voluntarily chose to say what she said, which makes it seem like it's her honest personal opinion. She also could have not responded to questions about Dr. Luke at all, but she chose to actively support him twice. The fact that this would be a subject of controversy has to have been obvious and clear for her.

5 hours ago, Dan said:

I don't agree with people being mean to her, but she did bring some of this upon herself when she said she didn't believed that Dr. Luke abused anyone, which totally discredited Kesha. 

She just worded it quite badly, people need to get over it now instead of doing retarded hate campaigns against her and trying to get signatures to stop her from joining Troye's tour. I don't listen to her music at all nor I'm a fan, but people are being ridicilous about this. 

20 minutes ago, Kivo said:

She just worded it quite badly, people need to get over it now instead of doing retarded hate campaigns against her and trying to get signatures to stop her from joining Troye's tour. I don't listen to her music at all nor I'm a fan, but people are being ridicilous about this. 

As is your choice of wording. Just as bad as Kim's. Who, in today's times, uses the word "retarded" like that anymore? Mess.awk1

2 hours ago, Masaaku said:

As is your choice of wording. Just as bad as Kim's. Who, in today's times, uses the word "retarded" like that anymore? Mess.awk1

Calm down.

On 6/2/2018 at 9:46 AM, Masaaku said:

I was literally thinking this 

I'm glad she made this statement, I honestly do not believe she intended on discrediting anyone or smearing others perspectives. I also agree that if she likes working with him, and has a good professional relationship with him, then she should do what she wants. I completely believe in Kesha, but also believe that people can change, and I hope Kim and Luke's good working relationship is the result of him working on himself.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.