Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Agugaga

Anna Marie "2002" is a fail

What in the world is this even? How are you trying to be nostalgic and you can't even get the fucking year right. dead2 

"Baby One More Time" came out in 1998/1999 and Nsync's "Bye Bye Bye" was at the top of 2000. Anyone singing those songs in 2002 would look stupid. Like I can't even. 

Ok. no. 

You realise that both Anne-Marie and Ed Sheeran who wrote this song are British right? Baby One More Time may be from 1998 but it's the second biggest female song of the 90s in the UK (bigger than MHWGO/IWALY, only beaten by Cher's Believe). Everyone (particularly kids, as they were 11 in 2002) would still be singing the song in 2002 regardless; because there's something called recurrent airplay. I know your fave hasn't had much of it in recent years or with any solo singles released after 2004, but it means that songs continue to get played on radio and tv channels after their initial release period when they become big hits. The same way people are still singing Thinking Out Loud, Roar, I Gotta Feeling, Wake Me Up etc nowadays even tho they were released anywhere between 4 and 9 years ago. 

The ONE fail in the song is that they included a song from 2003. Songs from 1998-2000 are not a cause for dragging. "Like it's 2002" doesn't mean they had to be released in 2002. 

00oA3SE.png

23 minutes ago, RihannaRTT said:

Ok. no. 

You realise that both Anne-Marie and Ed Sheeran who wrote this song are British right? Baby One More Time may be from 1998 but it's the second biggest female song of the 90s in the UK (bigger than MHWGO/IWALY, only beaten by Cher's Believe). Everyone (particularly kids, as they were 11 in 2002) would still be singing the song in 2002 regardless; because there's something called recurrent airplay. I know your fave hasn't had much of it in recent years or with any solo singles released after 2004, but it means that songs continue to get played on radio and tv channels after their initial release period when they become big hits. The same way people are still singing Thinking Out Loud, Roar, I Gotta Feeling, Wake Me Up etc nowadays even tho they were released anywhere between 4 and 9 years ago. 

The ONE fail in the song is that they included a song from 2003. Songs from 1998-2000 are not a cause for dragging. "Like it's 2002" doesn't mean they had to be released in 2002. 

00oA3SE.png

agree.....its like a throwback to earyl 2000's even if Bye Bye Bye and Baby one More Time were from 99-00

If it was called 2000 it doesnt flow as well as 2002 lol

2 hours ago, RihannaRTT said:

Ok. no. 

00oA3SE.png

“Stripped” was bigger than any Britney era in the UK. Thanks for posting tho. ny12 

7 minutes ago, Agugaga said:

“Stripped” was bigger than any Britney era in the UK. Thanks for posting tho. ny12 

and that has nothing to do with BOMT being a recurrent airplay hit or the 2nd biggest female song of the 90s, and therefore still being played in 2002. 

Next. 

Ok. no. 

00oA3SE.png

girl go easy on them oprah14

Ok. no. 

00oA3SE.png

this um2 

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.