Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

hammer

Is Accelerate really horrible?

45 minutes ago, Urbanov said:

And I’m aware of that but it’s far from critically panned rih2 

I would say it’s on the same level as Pretty Girls, where fans bop to it sometimes but even some of the fan base hates it, and the media has pretty negative / mixed reviews despite some critics giving it praise. 

xtina2 

1 minute ago, Vesper said:

I would say it’s on the same level as Pretty Girls, where fans bop to it sometimes but even some of the fan base hates it, and the media has pretty negative / mixed reviews despite some critics giving it praise. 

xtina2 

It’s not

12 minutes ago, Urbanov said:

It’s not

Oops you’re right. Pretty girls peaked at 29 and this was said about it:

Bradley Stern of PopCrush also gave the song a positive review, commenting "those trap-lite hi-hats and twinkly club beats are pure Hip-Hopney heaven" and "it’ll be a surefire contender for song of the Summer 2015".[29] Time named "Pretty Girls" the eighth-worst song of 2015.

mad4 

10 minutes ago, Vesper said:

Oops you’re right. Pretty girls peaked at 29 and this was said about it:

Bradley Stern of PopCrush also gave the song a positive review, commenting "those trap-lite hi-hats and twinkly club beats are pure Hip-Hopney heaven" and "it’ll be a surefire contender for song of the Summer 2015".[29] Time named "Pretty Girls" the eighth-worst song of 2015.

mad4 

And Despacito was #1 for 16 weeks even though it’s worse than both songs. Your point?

6 minutes ago, Urbanov said:

And Despacito was #1 for 16 weeks even though it’s worse than both songs. Your point?

Despacito > 

brit10

either way Accelerate got mixed reviews at best and isn’t the critical darling agugaga is claiming

Just now, Vesper said:

either way Accelerate got mixed reviews at best and isn’t the critical darling agugaga is claiming

I think we’re all aware of that

7 minutes ago, Joao said:

I actually hated it when it was first released, but now I listen to it on a regular. I like it a lot.

Good to see you on the right side, sweetie oprah7 

8 hours ago, Vesper said:

xtina2 

Can you find me one critic who enjoyed Pretty girls? Also, how much dislikes does it have On YouTube compared to Accelerate? xtina2

2 hours ago, Agugaga said:

Can you find me one critic who enjoyed Pretty girls? Also, how much dislikes does it have On YouTube compared to Accelerate? xtina2

If the views are bigger the likes/dislikes are more likely to be higher too. xtina2 

8 hours ago, Agugaga said:

Here are your mixed reviews for pretty girls:

Pretty Girls" received mixed to positive reviews from contemporary music critics and fans. Jason Lipshutz of Billboard gave the track a positive review, saying "pop and pop-rap fans are likely to swarm this slick slice of electro-hop, which pulls off the blonde-bombshell pairing by playing to each of its artists' strengths," adding that Spears "sounds more animated in her two minutes of action here than on the entirety of 2013's Britney Jean album," and praising The Invisible Men's production claiming it differs just enough from Azalea's previous singles having "bestowed her with another stylish banger."[1] Jim Farber of the New York Daily News claimed the track "is a breezy, summer song that will get stuck in your head" but lacking "the snap, and the freshness" of "Fancy."[19] Jesse Spero of Yahoo Musiccalled it "the song of the summer."[20] Hardeep Phull of the New York Post criticized the song's similar production to "Fancy" and described it as "a woefully formulaic rehash."[21] August Brown of the Los Angeles Times mentioned the "bubbly electro-trap beats, a lot of teen-sassy rapping and the two sharing lead singing vocals on the chorus," also commenting "your summer song sweepstakes bracket just got an early contender."[22]

Lucas Villa of AXS remarked the "anthemic chorus about girl power in the party scene" and the "plucky production kicks with a sound marrying '80s dance music like Debbie Deb's "Lookout Weekend" and recent hits "Fancy" and "Hollaback Girl," also complimenting Spears for finally giving fans "something more urban in the same vein of 2007's Blackout" and that both artists "make good on their promise to "bring the noise" on this attitude-packed club banger."[23] Hugh McIntyre of Forbesreferenced a polarizing reception of the track that was "already being heralded by some as a fantastic new direction for the singer, while others aren’t so sure."[24] Abby Schreiber of Paper also observed the similar sound to "Fancy" interjecting with "No matter. The dance-pop, girl power jam has a catchy beat and some pretty great track art,"[25] while Ian David Monroe of V expressed the same thoughts, "And you won't hear any complaints from us. It’s been almost two long years since the world had a new Britney track, so we’ll take it."[26] Sydney Gore of Nylon also heralded it as a "Fancy"-follow up as well as an "empowering song in some regard."[27] Mike Wass of Idolatorstated the "Bay Area hip hop-indebted club banger" is a "seemingly inevitable summer smash," and that "Britney serves Blackout-era attitude on the catchy chorus."[28] Bradley Stern of PopCrush also gave the song a positive review, commenting "those trap-lite hi-hats and twinkly club beats are pure Hip-Hopney heaven" and "it’ll be a surefire contender for song of the Summer 2015".[29] Time named "Pretty Girls" the eighth-worst song of 2015.[30]

@Agugaga

additionally, here are the YouTube stats:

Accelerate - 13 million views, 43k dislikes = .0033 ratio

Pretty Girls - 178 million views, 300k dislikes = .0016 ratio

Xtina Loses again kii1 

3 minutes ago, Vesper said:

@Agugaga

additionally, here are the YouTube stats:

Accelerate - 13 million views, 43k dislikes = .0033 ratio

Pretty Girls - 178 million views, 300k dislikes = .0016 ratio

Xtina Loses again kii1 

you would make a good politician

idk, i was expecting something else, i had big hype for it and it was so meh and ugh, so far i hated Accelareate and the Demi song, so bad cuz i even loved some songs in Bionic and Lotus but Liberation has been sooooooo awfull, just like Joanne was, omg

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.