Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

CalixSpurius

Did Troye Sivan Just Re-Invent Bottoming ?

6 minutes ago, Kyoteki said:

she has truly Hit full prime gay with these visuals jj4 

I love the subtle homage to gay icons, tho. 

I can see Vogue Madonna near the end (that's what I thought when I saw him in that suit and hair styled like that) 

What are other gay icons he pays homage to ? 

Edit: French painter hat reminds me of Boy George. 

1 minute ago, Umbreon said:

I know for fact he was the top when he was dating Connor Franta ny1 

This post is homophobic. 

All other male singers are basically tops, let us have our not-your-masc-bro bottom icon rih14

Just now, CalixSpurius said:

This post is homophobic. 

All other male singers are basically tops, let us have our not-your-masc-bro bottom icon rih14

How the fuck is it homophobic? um2 

I used to go to VidCon every year and I was in the same hotel room as Matthew Lush and other gay YouTubers who knew personally. He was a top. um2 

Maybe he’s vers and bottoms too but just stating facts um2 

1 minute ago, Umbreon said:

How the fuck is it homophobic? um2 

I used to go to VidCon every year and I was in the same hotel room as Matthew Lush and other gay YouTubers who knew personally. He was a top. um2 

Maybe he’s vers and bottoms too but just stating facts um2 

I was joking. I didn't even know Troye dated Franta. 

I'm glad Troye found the path of righteousness, and became our not-your-masc-bro bottom icon. Speaking truthfully, I never knew a non-fictional role model I'd actually like to be growing up. He's a good model for gaybies like my little self. 

1 hour ago, CalixSpurius said:

I can see Vogue Madonna near the end (that's what I thought when I saw him in that suit and hair styled like that) 

What are other gay icons he pays homage to ? 

Edit: French painter hat reminds me of Boy George. 

David Bowie, Boy George, Madonna are just a few I saw. 

1 hour ago, Umbreon said:

I know for fact he was the top when he was dating Connor Franta ny1 

1 hour ago, CalixSpurius said:

I was joking. I didn't even know Troye dated Franta. 

I'm glad Troye found the path of righteousness, and became our not-your-masc-bro bottom icon. Speaking truthfully, I never knew a non-fictional role model I'd actually like to be growing up. He's a good model for gaybies like my little self. 

they never dated giveup1 

but OT: i love the David Bowie esque visuals yas1 

Flowers have been a euphemism for vaginas for an eternity. Connecting bottoming to flowers is not a stretch in the slightest. So no, he's not "reinventing" bottoming. But he's probably one of, if not the first artist to make t his type of metaphor, in the gay context, in a pop song.

I don't really like the video, but I actually like the song – especially the chorus. 

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.