Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

El Goot

Witness Re-Imagined

Hi, Cats! So, as many of you know, today Witness turns 1 and I did my own album tracklist and re-imagined the single choices. So here I present you

Uhn6CSX.png

The album is presented as a full 17-track journey. Each song narrates a different aspect of Katy's life through the years since PRISM was released but it follows a cohesive line.

The Songs

It opens with the title track, 'Witness', a mid-tempo song that prepares us for the journey that is about to begin, talking about finding that someone special to live it with us. But the album is not only a personal journey through Katy's emotions, it's about finding a purpose in life, 'Bigger Than Me' expands our perspective to a more global one. 'Chained To The Rhythm (feat. Skip Marley)' follows the path left by 'Bigger', an 80's inspired song that calls for our awakening and action into the world's problems. We then move on to a fully-woke queen mode. In 'Hey, Hey, Hey', Katy breaks all the molds by presenting herself as a powerful and outspoken woman who can be her own boss.

Katy keeps giving zero f*cks about what you may think of her attitude with 'Act My Age' and inviting us to get rid of all the taboos and age restrictions that society imposes. And since she's now in that zero-f*ck attitude, she can take a little bit of time to dedicate a sassy song to all those haters that keep talking stuff, that is 'Swish Swish (feat. Nicki Minaj)'.

'Swish' serves as a transition so we can move into the full-party and sexy mode in the album. Katy is now enjoying herself and life, so why not have a "little of consensual adult fun". 'Roulette' talks about freeing your mind every once in a while and allowing yourself a little encounter with certain someone. 'Bon Appétit' keeps this mood alive inviting this someone to taste her cherry pie. 'Tsunami' represents the orgasm of the night, moving into a more sexy but slow mood.

'Dance With The Devil' introduces us to the dark side of the album. The self-blaming feeling is all up on Katy and she wants us to connect to that feeling. She's recognized she lost control during the night (or months) in the full-party mode and forgot her direction that was well-determined during the first four tracks. 'Mind Maze' represents the struggle inside of her brain and feelings. All this confusion leads her to miss her former lover, 'Déjà Vu', one of the last upbeat of the album, talks about her past relationship and how it affected her deeply.

The couple of ballads then come in back to back. 'Miss You More' talks about the part of the journey where Katy feels unoptimistic and realizes all his love was more an idealization of her than real feelings. Despite that, Perry struggles to decide whether or not to contact him again in 'Save As Draft'. Time passes by, and Katy remembers her original purpose: trying to be a better version of herself. Now, she has realized that she can do it with or without someone by her side and no one can hide her true 'Power'.

The journey is almost over, but Perry wants to deliver two last messages to her audience. 'Pendulum' serves as an encore to the album, and tells us that, just like her, our life is a journey with highs and lows and it's up to us to grow above everything and rise. To close the album, 'Into Me You See' is the "thank you" for all the fans who have been there to support her along time and thanking them for witnessing her highs and lows along all these years.

Tracklist

1.- Witness

2.- Bigger Than Me

3.- Chained To The Rhythm (feat. Skip Marley)

4.- Hey Hey Hey

5.- Act My Age

6.- Swish Swish (feat. Nicki Minaj)

7.- Roulette

8.- Bon Appétit

9.- Tsunami

10.- Dance With The Devil

11.- Mind Maze

12.- Déjà Vu

13.- Miss You More

14.- Save As Draft

15.- Power

16.- Pendulum

17.- Into Me You See

Singles

Resultado de imagen para chained to the rhythm katy perry album cover

Released: February 2017

Peak: #4 in the BB100

Performed at Grammys, BRITs and iHeartRadio Awards

Resultado de imagen para katy perry witness artwork

Released: April 2017 (along with the Tour Announcement)

Peak: Top 20 in the BB100

Performed at SNL

Resultado de imagen para swish swish katy perry cover fanmade

Released: June 2017 (with album release)

Peak: Top 20 in the BB100

Performed at VMA's

Resultado de imagen para katy perry roulette artwork

Released: November 2017

Peak: Top 30 in the BB100

Performed at AMA's

oSpqe89.jpg

Released: March 2018

Peak: Top 40 in the BB100

Peformed at Grammys and American Idol

NOW THIS IS A SOLID ERA KATY.

CONTACT ME FOR THE NEXT ONE.