Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Freaky Prince

Liberation Album Discussion

43 minutes ago, rosekesha said:

well she had a 6 year old gap and two flop albums before it, so if she doesn't want to end up like nelly furtado she needs to be more persistant with her releases

Two albums which are both eligible for Gold status so it's not that's bad.

Even if she does end up like Nelly Furtado (not that that's going to happen), it doesn't make her any less part of the industry . .  You don't need to go Gold and Platinum to be part of the music industry . . . 

Plus she had a 6 year gap with a huge hit in between.

1 minute ago, michael1814 said:

Two albums which are both eligible for Gold status so it's not that's bad.

Sis, album being eligible for gold 8 and 6 years after their release is nothing to brag about

We stan Bionic and Lotus, but they flopped and that's a fact

pujIVk7.gif

22 minutes ago, Freaky Prince said:

Sis, album being eligible for gold 8 and 6 years after their release is nothing to brag about

We stan Bionic and Lotus, but they flopped and that's a fact

pujIVk7.gif

We don't mention the album 6 years ago, it is buried 6k feet under the ground  lj1 

5 hours ago, StrippedX said:

Must be awful not being able to enjoy an era which might not be commercially successful 

I don't know. It's been disappointing so far and we know she's capable of so much more. chi1

She's been giving me all I've wanted this era. I was only slightly underwhelmed by the Accelerate video, but everything else is exactly what I thought it would be. The visuals, the sound, I love the type of promo with all the whispering and cryptic clips. What matters most here is that SHE is motivated and SHE is getting back to what SHE loves. She makes music for her, not for you. Her catalog is iconic and she has nothing to prove. She has the means to fund her own albums for the rest of her life if she wants. 

35 minutes ago, Kirjava said:

Are you all still stuck on sales? wendy4 It's safe to say she'll never slay again commercially like she used to, so just calm down and enjoy the music. aretha1

You never know how the tides of music will change, but we can be certain that she will never follow trends or do what's expected.

53 minutes ago, Kirjava said:

Are you all still stuck on sales? wendy4 It's safe to say she'll never slay again commercially like she used to, so just calm down and enjoy the music. aretha1

I dont care about chart positions but you can tell that this era is very low budget and if this era fails she will get less and less money. I just want a high quality era. If her tour looks anything like her performances in the last decade then I will be dissapointed but at this point it wouldnt suprise me if she will turn into a Kelly Clarkson/Adele type. (minus the success)

44 minutes ago, COOKIES said:

I dont care about chart positions but you can tell that this era is very low budget and if this era fails she will get less and less money. I just want a high quality era. If her tour looks anything like her performances in the last decade then I will be dissapointed but at this point it wouldnt suprise me if she will turn into a Kelly Clarkson/Adele type. (minus the success)

It's not low budget. It's stripped back to the bare essentials.

I can't at people calling the album a flop before it's even released. She has Fallon (or is it Kimmel?) tomorrow night, and the Today show on Friday. She hasn't been in the public eye much with this era and it's been solely social media aside from the BBMAs. She sure has shitty support from her "fans" here. If you need numbers and sales to validate what you like, go listen to crappy pop music. 

16 minutes ago, Muse said:

I can't at people calling the album a flop before it's even released. She has Fallon (or is it Kimmel?) tomorrow night, and the Today show on Friday. She hasn't been in the public eye much with this era and it's been solely social media aside from the BBMAs. She sure has shitty support from her "fans" here. If you need numbers and sales to validate what you like, go listen to crappy pop music. 

Preach Sister!!!!

31 minutes ago, Freaky Prince said:

What? dead2 Album leaking is the most present on the past 1-2 years dead2 Like, EVERYTHING leaks a day or two before the release dead2

Not since streaming and Friday releases for some reason. However there is a video on twitter of someone trying to buy the album on Target but when they scan it it says “you can’t buy this item until June 15” dead2 so it might leak anyway lol 

• Replies 443
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.