Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Freaky Prince

Liberation Album Discussion

26 minutes ago, Taschens said:

brit15

Ok that explains it all. 

I get that the song might seem a little bit sensitive to you, however you are taking it that way because of your personal background. I've never been in a toxic relationship, maybe that's the reason for me is just a song that speaks about a couple with some struggles but, despite that they love each other. It's obvious that the song is personal to Xtina, and that doesn't mean she's abusive or in a toxic relationship with Matt. 

Yeah people in relationships where abuse happens can and usually still very much love their partner(s), and, we shouldn't normalize love as a reason why deliberately hurting someone is ok. I obviously have this baggage and songs that present this idea of "it's ok because we love each other" make me sick.

Plus, the way the song is written doesn't convey that there's any compassion or empathy towards whoever she is singing this towards. "why did you do that?" reads "you made me do this" and "let's fix this" conveys that the issue is with both of them when there's just one person saying "fucked up shit just to hurt [them]".

Yeah, it's a no from me.

11 minutes ago, Xtina said:

Yeah people in relationships where abuse happens can and usually still very much love their partner(s), and, we shouldn't normalize love as a reason why deliberately hurting someone is ok. I obviously have this baggage and songs that present this idea of "it's ok because we love each other" make me sick.

Plus, the way the song is written doesn't convey that there's any compassion or empathy towards whoever she is singing this towards. "why did you do that?" reads "you made me do this" and "let's fix this" conveys that the issue is with both of them when there's just one person saying "fucked up shit just to hurt [them]".

Yeah, it's a no from me.

If you pay attention you can hear a man singing throughout the whole song. It's not only "she" who is hurting "him", is in both ways.

Anyway, you don't like the song that's fine. 

1 hour ago, Xtina said:

Yeah, it's a no from me.

Not liking the song is fine, but don't act like an expert in everyone's relationship when there are two sides. 

11 hours ago, Xtina said:

Wow, I can't relate to saying fucked up shit JUST TO HURT someone I love. I'm sad this is your idea of a normal relationship.

I understand you don't like it because you feel like it is about abuse, but I also feel like you are taking one line of the song and focusing on that instead of taking context from the rest of it. I don't think the objective is literally JUST to hurt the other person... I think it's about times when you might feel hurt in a situation and so you say something to kind of get back at that person. The lyrics mention things like getting calls from another girl, so perhaps some jealously kicks in and something like, "Well maybe you should go be with her" kind of thing is said. Which I do think can be relatable...

3 hours ago, TheRoxxtar said:

I understand you don't like it because you feel like it is about abuse, but I also feel like you are taking one line of the song and focusing on that instead of taking context from the rest of it. I don't think the objective is literally JUST to hurt the other person... I think it's about times when you might feel hurt in a situation and so you say something to kind of get back at that person. The lyrics mention things like getting calls from another girl, so perhaps some jealously kicks in and something like, "Well maybe you should go be with her" kind of thing is said. Which I do think can be relatable...

This. I don't think anyone thinks that's how a normal, healthy relationship is. 

On 6/16/2018 at 12:26 PM, Luca said:

Why does literally EVERYONE pay dust to the album opener? It's one of the best composed tracks I've ever heard! clap1 

Bitch I've been stanning for it hardcore in this thread. clap1 It's so gorgeous. cry7 She needs to include more strings in her music tbh.

Does anyone think that perhaps Pipe will be a single at some point with an official reveal of who XNDA is? Otherwise I don't see the point of using him... I mean, she admitted before that a producer had talked her out of collaborating with Cardi B on a track because no one would know her in a few years, but she then collaborated with the person that's sworn her to secrecy? dead2

I can’t quite come to terms what goes through Christina’s head when releasing an album. She released it 7 days ago and the last time she did any promotion was 7 days ago… imagine what this bitch could do if she actually tried!, I feel foolish thinking she would actually do things differently this time.
  • Replies 443
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.