Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Galactic-Tiger

Moonwalk vs Voguing

More iconic dance move  

36 members have voted

1. 1. Which dance move is more iconic?

hmmm, voguing is more relevant to today with shows like RPDR on the air but i don't think everyone associates it directly with Madonna (rightfully so) and there are so many variations on how to do it that the average (non gay) person couldn't even attempt it, meanwhile most people can at least try to moonwalk and you'd know what they're doing... so probably moonwalking. voguing is way more fun and versatile tho. 

Anyways Michael Jackson’s dancemoves are more iconic

Vogueing is only iconic because its popular in gay culture and ballroom dancing. Which is a prominent inspiration for gay culture. Which comes from Paris is Burning, a documentary about many black and latina gay/trans people discussing the ballroom life in NYC. Madonna may have brought it to pop culture, but Madonna is only  for just that: Showing it to pop culture. Madonna is not the reason gays vogue and shouldnt be used for a debate. Gays are the reason voguing is popular, not Madonna. Y’all do realize there was a House/Ballroom- styled song that was a bit of a hit before “Vogue” was released, right? It sampled shit from Parois is Burning.  jj4 

I was gonna say “white gays”, but it’s truly Madonna stans willing to be this stupid to discredit their own people and culture for some decrepit, white bitch like she invented gay culture  jj4 

let me not be TOO ignorant. 

7 minutes ago, Kyoteki said:

Anyways Michael Jackson’s dancemoves are more iconic

Vogueing is only iconic because its popular in gay culture and ballroom dancing. Which is a prominent inspiration for gay culture. Which comes from Paris is Burning, a documentary about many black and latina gay/trans people discussing the ballroom life in NYC. Madonna may have brought it to pop culture, but Madonna is only  for just that: Showing it to pop culture. Madonna is not the reason gays vogue and shouldnt be used for a debate. Gays are the reason voguing is popular, not Madonna. Y’all do realize there was a House/Ballroom- styled song that was a bit of a hit before “Vogue” was released, right? It sampled shit from Parois is Burning.  jj4 

I was gonna say “white gays”, but it’s truly Madonna stans willing to be this stupid to discredit their own people and culture for some decrepit, white bitch like she invented gay culture  jj4 

let me not be TOO ignorant. 

Let's NOT pretend MJ came out with the moonwalk, pls. The moonwalk had been performed by tap dancers since at least the 1950s. jj4

1 minute ago, The One Above All said:

Let's NOT pretend MJ came out with the moonwalk, pls. The moonwalk had been performed by tap dancers since at least the 1950s. jj4

Yikes!! Find the part where I said MJ invented Moonwalking? 

I said Madonna wasnt the main reason Vogue is still popular today. The gays are. And since the gays are,  Paris is Burning is a bigger inspiration to the reason vouguing exists today. Just like Paris is Burning is a big reaskn why a lot of gay lingo is still being used today. Lol.  All Madonna did was make straights do the dance back in the 80’s. 🤷🏾‍♂️

14 minutes ago, Kyoteki said:

Yikes!! Find the part where I said MJ invented Moonwalking? 

I said Madonna wasnt the main reason Vogue is still popular today. The gays are. And since the gays are,  Paris is Burning is a bigger inspiration to the reason vouguing exists today. Just like Paris is Burning is a big reaskn why a lot of gay lingo is still being used today. Lol.  All Madonna did was make straights do the dance back in the 80’s. 🤷🏾‍♂️

Um then Moonwalk was already very popular before MJ. Even Judy Garland performed it in 1944. I could easily tell you then that the Moonwalk was made popular by James Brown who performed it in the cult movie Blues Brothers, before MJ did it.

6 minutes ago, The One Above All said:

Um then Moonwalk was already very popular before MJ. Even Judy Garland performed it in 1944. I could easily tell you then that the Moonwalk was made popular by James Brown who performed it in the cult movie Blues Brothers, before MJ did it.

Cool. But people still staple Mj for moonwalking. 🤷🏾‍♂️

None of the gays reference Madonna for Ballroom Culture. Cause they know better lmao.  

Sorry sweetie. At least she gets coin every Pride when they play Vogue 🤷🏾‍♂️

Edit: ALSO, I’m still looking for where I said MJ invented moonwalking lmaoooo. 

Just saying people reference MJ’s dancemoves more than Madonna’s. Cause Madonna didnt popularize Vogueing to the extent it is today. That was the gays. rih2 

Just now, Kyoteki said:

Cool. But people still staple Mj for moonwalking. 🤷🏾‍♂️

None of the gays reference Madonna for Ballroom Culture. Cause they know better lmao. 

Sorry sweetie. At least she gets coin every Pride when they play Vogue.  🤷🏾‍♂️

Lol you are so deluded. Vogue is strongly associated with the name of Madonna. Even straight people like Channing Tatum know that Voguing is a Madonna's move.sorry1

1 minute ago, The One Above All said:

Lol you are so deluded. Vogue is strongly associated with the name of Madonna. Even straight people like Channing Tatum know that Voguing is a Madonna's move.sorry1

Damn, imagine being this full of self hatred to discredit the gays that pushed for ballroom dancing to be popular today

but okay. I’ll let u do u. Just thought I could

try and educate you about your culture. 

Just now, Kyoteki said:

Damn, imagine being this full of self hatred to discredit the gays that pushed for ballroom dancing to be popular today

but okay. I’ll let u do u. Just thought I could

try and educate you about your culture. 

I'm not discrediting the gays and I'm not talking about ballroom dancing. I'm talking about voguing only.

Just now, The One Above All said:

I'm not discrediting the gays and I'm not talking about ballroom dancing. I'm talking about voguing only.

But Vogueing is part of ballroom dancing...?????????????

you know Imm not gonna reply anymore Imma let u stay stupid lmao. 

Well both dances were not invented by the artists being referred here, so that's that.

But in terms of cultural impact, moonwalking has more global appeal.  Seriously, voguing is only famous with gays and straight people that hangs with gay people.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.