Alessia Cara | The Pains of Growing | November 30th, 2018

Kyoteki    7,682
9 hours ago, Urbanov said:

@Kyoteki have you heard the singles? Tell me something about them sia1 

The lead is nice. Trust My Lonely is a weird island beat but doesnt do much. Not Today is my personal favorite lyric wise and instrumental wise. Idk much about the ballad. She shouldnt do empty piano ballads. 

ajp    7,424

What a crazy heavy week to release.  moo12

Meek Mill - Championships

The 1975 - A Brief Inquiry Into Online Relationships

Lil Baby - Street Gossip

6ix9ine - DUMMY BOY

Earl Sweatshirt - Some Rap Songs

Wheeler Walker Jr. - WW III

Red Velvet - RBB - The 5th Mini Album - EP

Ski Mask the Slump God - STOKELEY

Alessia Cara - The Pains of Growing

Trey Songz - 11 and  28

fall9

ajp    7,424

Wow! HDD is predicting a SPS of 11k-13k for its first week.

With Christmas and Soundtrack season on us, Alessia may not even hit Top 50 on the Billboard 200 cry4

What was Def Jam thinking to release this on November 30th? Where are her fans? Grammy New Artist Curse cry3

BlueBalls    250

It was about to be expected to be honest. All new artists struggle because they didn't really built a fanbase with their debut. Same happened with Tove Lo, she was huge with her first album, then she went nowhere. It's complicated. 

Alessia flopped with this new single, and all the people who bought her first album moved on. She only has her true loyal fans, which are those, 10.000. Sadly, there's so many cases out there...

ajp    7,424

I like the album but I think it’s way too similar to Know It All. In fact, there was at least 1 track that felt like it was recorded for that album, but just didn’t make the cut. It’s too bad that Def Jam didn’t take the Zedd direction since Stay was the perfect launching pad for a new direction in production. I think she is very talented but her introverted personality will do her no favours. Pop music is looking for stand out stars like Lady Gaga and Ariana Grande, not 22 year olds who write songs in the bathroom. gaga12