Jump to content

Gay parenting (IVF)

IVF  

36 members have voted

  1. 1. Should IVF be legal?

  2. 2. Do you think that Dolce and Gabbana are homophobic?



Recommended Posts

I think it is weird, sorry Elton John. I totally agree with D&G. It is weird to explain to your son that it comes from a lab experiment. Furthermore, no matter how much two parents of the same sex loves you, they cannot supply you with a series of material and psychological things. For instance, two men cannot supply you with their own breast milk, with few exceptions. Moreover, two lesbian will never be able teach a young straight boy to play football or pick up a girl, with some exceptions. Thoughts?

tumblr_o18druMULy1uewx7xo1_400.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Only for straight couples, in my opinion. I've never understood the whole 'gay parents' thing, like, it just isn't our role in society. I'm a firm believer that children deserve a mom and dad and all the arguments that we shouldn't care what gender they are because "all children need a home," is frankly annoying. Yes, all children need and deserve a home. But all children also need and deserve a mother and father. The gays need to stop playing a heterosexual role so they can blend into society and appear more normal. We don't need to do that to have a long and happy life, or to be accepted by our peers. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, attitude said:

Only for straight couples, in my opinion. I've never understood the whole 'gay parents' thing, like, it just isn't our role in society. I'm a firm believer that children deserve a mom and dad and all the arguments that we shouldn't care what gender they are because "all children need a home," is frankly annoying. Yes, all children need and deserve a home. But all children also need and deserve a mother and father. The gays need to stop playing a heterosexual role so they can blend into society and appear more normal. We don't need to do that to have a long and happy life, or to be accepted by our peers. 

End thread

tenor.gif?itemid=5089552

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Who let the self-hating gays on FOTP gaycat1

 

YKW, as a gay person who's incredibly dissociated with the LGBT community (I really hate the popularisation and phenomenalisation of being gay in the modern community. All of a sudden everybody's running around as if being gay is the holy grail of humanity and I'm usually not a fan of other gays) this is just.. no, lol. Other than the obvious biological things (breast milk, the example given above), there is nothing a gay couple can't give to a child that a straight couple can. To say two women can't teach a child sports.... lmao that's fucking embarrassing. Imagine living in such a narrow-minded bubble, I wish. Also a huge kii @ the sis above acting as if gay parents are only gay parents for the sake of trying to fit into society or be accepted? Nnnn no sis maybe it's because we WANT to parent a child? The argument against gay people parenting is so ridiculous I'm crying

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Honey 13,120
3 minutes ago, attitude said:

Only for straight couples, in my opinion. I've never understood the whole 'gay parents' thing, like, it just isn't our role in society. I'm a firm believer that children deserve a mom and dad and all the arguments that we shouldn't care what gender they are because "all children need a home," is frankly annoying. Yes, all children need and deserve a home. But all children also need and deserve a mother and father. The gays need to stop playing a heterosexual role so they can blend into society and appear more normal. We don't need to do that to have a long and happy life, or to be accepted by our peers. 

And so the same sex couples in the world who are dying to have children should be denied? Ask any kid who has two same sex parents, do you think they’ll love them any less or wish they weren’t with them if they are a loving, happy family? 

And also, I believe that we will as a gay population will never truly blend in. There will always be division on acceptance, that has never changed for any prejudice for thousands and thousands of years. Seeing two same sex parents will turn heads for decades to come: but why should that matter?

There are so many broken homes on the planet, abandoned or orphaned kids, abusive parents, starving families, and you want to worry about kids playing football or picking up girls while having two moms? Different priorities are in order. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sheezus 8,785

If single parent households are allowed to exist, I don't see any reason to why a same sex two parent households can't.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Honey said:

And so the same sex couples in the world who are dying to have children should be denied? Ask any kid who has two same sex parents, do you think they’ll love them any less or wish they weren’t with them if they are a loving, happy family? 

And also, I believe that we will as a gay population will never truly blend in. There will always be division on acceptance, that has never changed for any prejudice for thousands and thousands of years. Seeing two same sex parents will turn heads for decades to come: but why should that matter?

There are so many broken homes on the planet, abandoned or orphaned kids, abusive parents, starving families, and you want to worry about kids playing football or picking up girls while having two moms? Different priorities are in order. 

If same-sex couples are dying to have kids, they should go live a straight life. Parenting is a heterosexual role. That's nature, end of story. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Honey said:

And so the same sex couples in the world who are dying to have children should be denied? Ask any kid who has two same sex parents, do you think they’ll love them any less or wish they weren’t with them if they are a loving, happy family? 

And also, I believe that we will as a gay population will never truly blend in. There will always be division on acceptance, that has never changed for any prejudice for thousands and thousands of years. Seeing two same sex parents will turn heads for decades to come: but why should that matter?

There are so many broken homes on the planet, abandoned or orphaned kids, abusive parents, starving families, and you want to worry about kids playing football or picking up girls while having two moms? Different priorities are in order. 

Ok. There are MANY example of kids complaining. read this for example:

https://www.smh.com.au/opinion/children-raised-by-samesex-parents-speak-up-for-traditional-families-20150417-1mn8ue.html

6 minutes ago, Rosé. said:

If single parent households are allowed to exist, I don't see any reason to why a same sex two parent households can't.

people who have only one parent are disadvantaged too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, attitude said:

If same-sex couples are dying to have kids, they should go live a straight life. Parenting is a heterosexual role. That's nature, end of story. 

tumblr_mzqezpbiwE1s2t77so1_250.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I tell you what's really pandering to hetrosexuals: the idea of a gay parent being abnormal jj2

Anyway, if a gay couple want to become parents, they should have every opportunity to do so. If they want to pursue that goal through IVF, and if they have the money and means to do so, then more power to them. You might view that as some expression of egotism, but honestly, who the fuck cares what you think? It's not your money, not your sperm or egg, and not your responsibility to raise that child. If they want to pursue that role through adoption, again, that is their right, and if they have the money and means to do it, then why not? 

And if you don't want to be a parent, that's even better for you. 

Thankfully, all this self hatred shit, the idea that you can't be a parent, or that you shouldn't, because you're gay, is the minority. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Beauty Queen said:

tumblr_mzqezpbiwE1s2t77so1_250.gif

Apparently a planet that recognizes nature is real, heterosexuality is the basis of reproduction, and that children deserve a mother and father that have the instinctive tools to raise them. You want to reject women, but you also want to benefit from their reproductive system. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Merryem 7,412

what's more unbelievable is how many of ya'll still fall for these tiring trolls. but these trolls themselves need to find something better to do then try to stir up some gays on a pop forum :/ 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sheezus 8,785
3 minutes ago, attitude said:

If same-sex couples are dying to have kids, they should go live a straight life. Parenting is a heterosexual role. That's nature, end of story. 

"That's nature" is not a good argument remotely. Our society is already so artificially manufactured and this is often to our benefit (cars, houses, the internet, etc).

1 minute ago, The One Above All said:

people who have only one parent are disadvantaged too.

But having two parents instead of one is on average going to be better for a child. I said what I said to promote consistency with our standards for an acceptable household parent makeup. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, attitude said:

Apparently a planet that recognizes nature is real, heterosexuality is the basis of reproduction, and that children deserve a mother and father that have the instinctive tools to raise them. You want to reject women, but you also want to benefit from their reproductive system. 

And are you implying that a gay man or woman has some sort of mental or nurtural deficiency in comparison to a straight one? If you don't think the only inherent different between gay and straight people is whether they like men or women then lmaooo. A gay man has all of the ability to be as paternal or maternal as a non-gay man or woman. It depends on the personality, not the sexuality. Likewise, would you say a straight woman married to a feminine man has all of the advantages of a masculine, paternal figure more than a feminine man married to a masculine one? A mess oprah14

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Rosé. said:

 

But having two parents instead of one is on average going to be better for a child. I said what I said to promote consistency with our standards for an acceptable household parent makeup. 

You can't compare gay parents to single parents, cuz single parents were an heterosexual couple before and then something happened and one of them left. It is a totally different story. It is an exception in the context of heterosexual couples.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Honey 13,120
15 minutes ago, attitude said:

If same-sex couples are dying to have kids, they should go live a straight life. Parenting is a heterosexual role. That's nature, end of story. 

It is also arguable with that logic that being homosexual is against nature. Because we can’t “reproduce.” That’s many bible thumpers determine us “abominations.” Now, shall we look at that logically and say that’s silly? Or should we continue to live in the stone ages with that dated opinion? 

13 minutes ago, The One Above All said:

Ok. There are MANY example of kids complaining. read this for example:

https://www.smh.com.au/opinion/children-raised-by-samesex-parents-speak-up-for-traditional-families-20150417-1mn8ue.html

people who have only one parent are disadvantaged too.

Disadvantage does not always equal a malformed personality in a child. You can be just as disadvantaged by having one parent be dead, distant, or abusive. Now, are you gonna tell all the kids raised by single parents that they are disadvantaged? Or that they will most likely be screwed up? 

Also that article was a small survey done, out of how many same sex couples? Don’t believe everything the news tells you. Kids can act similarly to* step parents too, mind you. 

Edited by Honey
Grammar

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sheezus 8,785
1 minute ago, The One Above All said:

You can't compare gay parents to single parents, cuz single parents were an heterosexual couple before and then something happened and one of them left. It is a totally different story. It is an exception in the context of heterosexual couples.

Yes I can. If we were being fair then single parents would have their children taken away from them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Beauty Queen said:

And are you implying that a gay man or woman has some sort of mental or nurtural deficiency in comparison to a straight one? If you don't think the only inherent different between gay and straight people is whether they like men or women then lmaooo. A gay man has all of the ability to be as paternal or maternal as a non-gay man or woman. It depends on the personality, not the sexuality. Likewise, would you say a straight woman married to a feminine man has all of the advantages of a masculine, paternal figure more than a feminine man married to a masculine one? A mess oprah14

Men and women are wired differently. You should know this, but in a society that's slowly erasing and denying sex, this isn't surprising. 2 men or 2 women are giving the same nurturing to a child and they're missing the other half. No matter how feminine a man is, or how butch a woman is, they aren't replacing the role of a mother or father. That's actually pretty stereotypical that you'd say a feminine man automatically makes them the "woman in the relationship." 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Rosé. said:

"That's nature" is not a good argument remotely. Our society is already so artificially manufactured and this is often to our benefit (cars, houses, the internet, etc).

But having two parents instead of one is on average going to be better for a child. I said what I said to promote consistency with our standards for an acceptable household parent makeup. 

Yeah, so let's destroy the few natural things we have left. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Browsing now   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×