Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Hylia

XXXTentacion Pronounced Dead

If celebrating the death of a homophobic woman beater makes me tacky, I will happily wear that title! Cheers to another year with one less scummy piece of human filth on this earth! See you all again in 2020!

giphy.gif

Guys you need to calm down, imagine going to a forum and straight people were celebrating the death of a gay celebrity?

ari7 You wouldn't like that, right? 

I know that guys has said/done horrible things, but we should be spreading tolerance and equal rights... not this.. bebe1

9 hours ago, LastGoodbye said:

Guys you need to calm down, imagine going to a forum and straight people were celebrating the death of a gay celebrity?

ari7 You wouldn't like that, right? 

I know that guys has said/done horrible things, but we should be spreading tolerance and equal rights... not this.. bebe1

Straight people celebrating or making a joke out of the death of someone in the lgbt community? So... every day life? Being happy a gay person died and being glad a homophobic, woman hating abuser died are not equivalent scenarios. Saying “he did horrible things but we should spread tolerance” is ridiculous considering WHAT he’s done. He was literally about to be prosecuted for his actions and only escaped said impending prosecution because he was no longer alive. He was a scummy human being that showed no signs of changing his behavior. The holier than thou attitude some of you are portraying in here is corny. Y’all keeping that same energy for other abusers, murderers, rapists? Y’all outside death row protesting for the serial killers to be spared? Y’all mourning the loss of Stalin too? He did some bad things as well but we should be spreading positivity after all! Please spare me. wendy4 

Reading through this thread, I don't think I wrote out my thoughts very well. If this were to happen now, I suppose my posts would probably be about 80% the same, but that 20% matters a lot when a smug tone looms so much over everything else you wrote. On that note, I would like to admit that before this I had been acted similarly about the misfortune of others that I deemed bad and wished death on people before, which I had originally sidestepped in this thread, and I personally regretted that flippancy as I tried to be more generally empathetic over the years, and by this time that was one of the things I felt strongly about. I didn't consciously intend to be priggish, but I think it would be fair to say most if not all of my posts in this thread read that way (and even the ones where the text doesn't, the emoticons ruin it). I'm not gonna edit them now since I was quoted multiple times anyway, but I do regret some of what I said here. Ironically, I barely knew who this guy was when this happened, but thanks to this thread I certainly did afterwards, and I actually very recently saw a kid wearing a t-shirt of this guy at the car wash. That was kind of a bummer...

13 hours ago, Divine said:

Straight people celebrating or making a joke out of the death of someone in the lgbt community? So... every day life? Being happy a gay person died and being glad a homophobic, woman hating abuser died are not equivalent scenarios. Saying “he did horrible things but we should spread tolerance” is ridiculous considering WHAT he’s done. He was literally about to be prosecuted for his actions and only escaped said impending prosecution because he was no longer alive. He was a scummy human being that showed no signs of changing his behavior. The holier than thou attitude some of you are portraying in here is corny. Y’all keeping that same energy for other abusers, murderers, rapists? Y’all outside death row protesting for the serial killers to be spared? Y’all mourning the loss of Stalin too? He did some bad things as well but we should be spreading positivity after all! Please spare me. wendy4 

oh wow the ignorance of that sentence....the two scenarios are exactly the same. wendy4

A civilized society simply does not celebrate the death, not even of bad people. It is just....primitive. We invented jails and human rights; and the death penalty is against human rights. Do you see a national holiday to commemorate the loss of Stalin or Hitler? Do you think that people not celebrating the death of Stalin is the same as mourning his loss? Lol according to your logic we all obviously mourning the loss of Stalin since no national holiday commemorates his death.

If the death of bad guys is the way to make the world a better place, then why we don't just kill all the homophobic and woman abusers out there? Or maybe let's just pray that somebody else, like an hero, does the dirty job for us. Yay we just need a hero to kill all the homophobic people and then we can restore peace LOL what a primitive way to think and celebrate. fall9

8 hours ago, The One Beyond All said:

why we don't just kill all the homophobic and woman abusers out there? Or maybe let's just pray that somebody else, like an hero, does the dirty job for us.

love this idea!

2mPvXeo.gif

8 hours ago, The One Beyond All said:

oh wow the ignorance of that sentence....the two scenarios are exactly the same. wendy4

A civilized society simply does not celebrate the death, not even of bad people. It is just....primitive. We invented jails and human rights; and the death penalty is against human rights. Do you see a national holiday to commemorate the loss of Stalin or Hitler? Do you think that people not celebrating the death of Stalin is the same as mourning his loss? Lol according to your logic we all obviously mourning the loss of Stalin since no national holiday commemorates his death.

If the death of bad guys is the way to make the world a better place, then why we don't just kill all the homophobic and woman abusers out there? Or maybe let's just pray that somebody else, like an hero, does the dirty job for us. Yay we just need a hero to kill all the homophobic people and then we can restore peace LOL what a primitive way to think and celebrate. fall9

Celebrating a problematic person's death and a normal person's death are completely different scenarios

If RuPaul died and the straights celebrated on their unknown forum, I'd be there with them cause he's transphobic

But that's just an example

2mPvXeo.gif

29 minutes ago, Venom said:

Celebrating a problematic person's death and a normal person's death are completely different scenarios

If RuPaul died and the straights celebrated on their unknown forum, I'd be there with them cause he's transphobic

2mPvXeo.gif

death ain't even the worst thing...a lifetime in jail in solitude it is worse than death cuz arguably there is nothing after death, no hell or paradise. Why would you rely on God to punish a criminal?

On top of that you are literally celebrating the fact that someone murdered this young man. That's just primitive way of making the world a better place. Moreover, murdering is one of, if not the worst kind of crime, way worse than being homophobic, so it's a v questionable thing to celebrate.

On 6/22/2019 at 1:32 PM, Venom said:

2mPvXeo.gif

That's still pretty fucking extreme ari9

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.